• JLS - May 22, 2014 6:58 p.m.

"GoldenEye. Ocarina of Time. Final Fantasy 7. Doom. None of those are on our list of the 100 Best Games of All Time" Where I stopped reading.
  • Notanerd - May 18, 2014 9:51 a.m.

Ok, to sort this mess out you need a top 50 for the decade or something , yes the snes games of that era were great but there are so many that topple these old titles.And please don't tout RE4 as being greater than its previous because that's about the time RE totally lost touch with the series.final comment: RE 1 should be 30 not the arcade shooter 4
  • Wildfire00000 - May 12, 2014 4:18 p.m.

All of you people whining and complaining about a certain game being included (or not) on the list need to remember one simple, crucial thing. This is opinion! You're entitled to yours, and the guys (and hopefully some girls, gamer chicks are awesome) at gamesradar are entitled to theirs. Don't bash them for it.
  • UmYeahOK - May 11, 2014 5:17 p.m.

Ok...portal? Seriously? Best game of all time? LOL! Portal shouldn't even be in the top 50 i mean come on who came up with that!? Portal is mildly entertaining at best. Remake the list this is ridiculous. XD
  • hemanth.n2000 - May 10, 2014 10:43 a.m.

Can I ask a question? Why isn't there a single Ratchet & Clank game or Jak and Daxter game or Sly Cooper game????? And why have you discarded Ocarina of Time from the list????? These games were really good especially Ocarina Of Time which was the best of the best???
  • VGKING - May 7, 2014 4:44 p.m.

Even with the stipulation of "rose tinted glasses" and only putting in games by today's standards that's one of the worst lists I have ever seen. I created an account just to state my disappointment as a gamer.
  • Jackson_54 - May 6, 2014 7:17 p.m.

I live the list but one of the best series wasn't added. Borderlands 1 and 2 are some of the best and funniest shooter and loiter games I've ever played!
  • Kevin1979 - May 4, 2014 1:44 p.m.

Good list, couple of the things though no Samurai showdown or Mortal Kombat? Tenchu? I certainly believe the above games are on par at least with Donkey Kong for gameboy. Sheesh
  • Mardoc - May 3, 2014 10:39 p.m.

Mario Kart 7 is BETTER than Skyrim, and PORTAL is the best game EVER MADE!!
  • Original-Juice - April 30, 2014 10:50 a.m.

no love for Insomniac on this list? No mention of any one Ratchet & Clank game? I guess the problem is they're all pretty damn good, which one cracks the list? Also one of the Resistance Games is debatable to crack the list. Also no Kingdom Hearts game listed? I feel like there's way too many RPG type games on this list. I'm biased against them because I don't care for them, but are they really that good to list like 25% of the best games of all time? Games like I mentioned above get pushed aside, here's some more: State Of Decay, Heavenly Sword, Vanquished .
  • IgorPoulpupov - April 29, 2014 9:41 a.m.

- Portal or how to put something that could have been yet another HL2 mod as best game ever. Portal is nice, but I just never felt the need to play it again. - "Final Fantasy VII wont' be there, you know, it was an important game at the time they released, but things change". Let's put FF VI at the 31st place instead. - Funny how you found a way to put several games to represent your fav. series, breaking the implied rule by saying 2D and 3D games of the same series are not in the same series. - BTW, this rule is nonsense. - Still accepting the one game by series rule, putting the last game of most PC series as the best of the series is nearly always totally idiotic. Skyrim, Far Cry 3, Deus Ex 3, etc. Just ask to those who played DX and DX3 and they'll tell you what the best game is there. The first one. - The top 20 hatefull comments is actually much more childish than hatefull comments. Missing PC games (I could build console public burnings up) and often series: Deus Ex, Morrowind, Dungeon Master (which make a pretty good top 3 actually), Heroes of Might and Magic III, STALKER SoC, Baldur's Gate II, GTA III, System Shock 2, Half Life, Far Cry, Carmageddon 2, Duke Nukem 3D...
  • atown1667 - April 23, 2014 11:14 a.m.

Because this list is missing a few great games I'm going to make a string of hyperboles to showcase my insolence. I refuse to act rationally by creating a mature and logical argument based off my interpretation of this list and instead will commit to insults and petty remarks about the incompetence of the people who work at gameradar. I myself have no outlet other than internet comment spaces to release my arrogance upon the hard working staff at gameradar and no, I will not give myself time to think about what I'm writing before I type it. Hello, I am your average internet gamer. ps. I didnt agree to some aspects of this list but can speculate and understand why they put games where they did.
  • wushuFU - April 14, 2014 12:31 a.m.

What an embarrassingly horrible list. Missing many, many amazing games. Where the **** is Deus Ex (the original)?? How about Doom, Quake, FF7, Morrowind, Hotline Miami? It loses all credibility (and I wanted to vomit) seeing Bayonetta and CoD ahead of Silent Hill 2. What a joke.
  • seantommy - April 16, 2014 5:34 p.m.

I haven't played Bayonetta, but CoD 4 is a great game, despite the reputation the franchise has earned. Please remember that, as the description on this list notes, the franchise didn't develop its bad reputation until after this CoD 4 was released. Modern Warfare deserves a spot on the list. While I personally agree that Silent Hill 2 is a better game, that's largely a matter of opinion. Both are great.
  • jyn576961222 - April 28, 2014 5:33 a.m.

jiuzhesuyang yikanjiushi Chinese
  • ExarKun1138 - April 7, 2014 5:58 p.m.

The simple fact that this list does not include the Atari ST Masterpiece, Dungeon Master, says a lot of how this list is totally incomplete! How could it NOT be on this list? The progenitor of First Person Action RPG's, Dungeon Master is a Classic amongst Classics! The Atari ST may not be known by many of you "youngsters", but it was a helluva computer for its day, and Dungeon Master is one of the All-Time greatest games, and should be on this list.
  • PootyT - April 2, 2014 7 a.m.

Pretty good list, but just because I'm a stickler... The "50s" are packed with underrated games, I think we can all come to a consensus Starcraft 2 is underrated, Diablo 2 is at #41.. enough said, and I just can't sit right seeing The Last of Us amongst the immortals.. I did love it, though. Just wasn't original. 1. Zelda: Ocarina of Time 2. Diablo 2: LoD 3. Chrono Trigger 4. Shadow of the Colossus 5. World of Warcraft 6. Super Mario 64 or RPG (Tie) 7. Skyrim 8. Mass Effect 3 9. Bioshock: Infinite 10 Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Honorable mention: Heroes of Might and Magic III, Warcraft 3 (ONLINE DOTA, TD, ETC.), Fire Emblem: PoR & Radiant Dawn, Harvest Moon 64
  • seantommy - April 16, 2014 5:42 p.m.

I don't think Starcraft 2 OR Diablo 2 are underrated. They're both great games, and they have both been hugely popular. Hell, Diablo 2 still has a large active fanbase, despite being 13 years old and having had a sequel. Last of Us may not be deserving of the spot of #8 game of all time, but I can honestly say it was probably the most well-told story I've ever experienced in a game, easily competing with similarly powerful stories like Bioshock 1, Final Fantasy X, Ico, and Spec Ops: The Line (a genuinely underrated game that absolutely belongs on this list).
  • lux00 - April 1, 2014 9:11 p.m.

This list is a bit mehh... I'm really surprised that classics such as Prince of Persia (1989) or Thief: The Dark Project (1998) are not in this list. I can also think of other classics such as Commandos that should have been here. You included way too many popular games of the last couple of years that no one will remember in a few years, and like someone else said, top 100 games of 'all time' should be legendary games.
  • milleniumbug - April 1, 2014 9:15 a.m.

Erm..., when i read "ever" I expected something like: DOOM Duke Nukem Quake Age of Empires (Mythology) Mortal Kombat Warcraft Series Little Big Adventure Dave Populous Series (Sadly) Minecraft StepMania