• Bockalocka - January 20, 2015 3:50 a.m.

Obviously whoever came up with this list never played Shenmue I and II. You're welcome.
  • arun-vishnu - January 14, 2015 6:20 a.m.

First of all, I Have To Say that you might need to reconsider this list.Where is Max Payne? And the greatest of all, Where is Bioshock Infinite and Bioshock?Where is Red Dead Redemption?Why you put the Last of Us at a high Position? It falls behind the deepness and imagination of Bioshock Series and it is a shame You didnt even considered the great story telling maestro.
  • sephex - January 16, 2015 6:27 a.m.

Bioshock is 6, RDR is 12. You're welcome.
  • CrowStar - January 17, 2015 2:18 a.m.

They're all in there, buddy. The real problems are that Tetris outranked Assassin's Creed, inFAMOUS isn't in this list, and that GamesRadar+ used the excuse of "3D" and "2D" Mario, Zelda and Metroid games to put them in the top 20 over and over again. Also, why is Minecraft not even in the top 40? It's waaaaaaaay more fun and innovative than CoD.
  • gustav-alvesvard - December 30, 2014 10:27 a.m.

Kingdom hearts? 1 or 2 doesn't matter! I friggen love a link to the past so i'm glad that it made it to this list but come on! Portal? heh. And no Kingdom hearts 2. I have to laugh. A fellow said "NO STREET FIGHTER 2" and i have to say that sf2 kinda invented the idea of a whole new genre of fighting games.
  • NoWayDude - January 4, 2015 11:39 p.m.

Kingdom Hearts isn't that great. The first one was good (though there are plenty of better games), but the second was pretty boring actually. And while I may not call Portal the best game ever, it definitely deserves to be up there.
  • sephex - January 8, 2015 11:08 a.m.

Kingdom Hearts isn't fit to this list. It is not a very good game or even important one to be on it.
  • gustav-alvesvard - January 8, 2015 11:31 a.m.

Have you played through Kingdom Hearts 2?
  • NoWayDude - January 14, 2015 1:54 a.m.

Yes, I have beaten Kingdom Hearts 2, and it's repetitious, button-mashy, and the story is an absolute mess. It's not even close to being as good as the first one, let alone one of the best games ever.
  • sephex - January 16, 2015 6:31 a.m.

I've played it halfway through. And while it is a great game with great imagination it lacks where other good games excel: game machnics are poor and yeah, button-mashy and repetitive. It's not fun.
  • Connor311 - December 29, 2014 11:52 a.m.

Okay, this list is bullshit. First of all, you put AC4 Black Flag at number 38. It's a damn AC3 reskin!! AC 1,2, brotherhood, revelations, unity, even AC3 is better than that!! And then you have the audacity to put Black Flag ahead of Skyrim!!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!!! And portal? Really? Just no. My top 10 ( I'm 17 so I haven't played classics) 1: RDR 2: Skyrim 3: Halo master chief collection (because halo 2 in 1080 p 60 fps) 4: battlefield 3 5: ac 1 6: ac revelations 7: bioshock infinite 8: the last of us 9: planetside 2 10: mortal kombat 9. A few games of honorable mention Dead rising 3 Ac unity Fallout new Vegas The forest Battlefield bad company Cod 4 Fallout 3 Gta 5
  • jake-callier - January 4, 2015 5:42 p.m.

I am a year younger than you, and I collect/ play classics all the time, age is no excuse. AC 1 and Revelations, Master Chief, and Battlefield three don't belong anywhere near the list, but other than those, your list is a pretty good one.
  • Connor311 - January 4, 2015 8:07 p.m.

I'm not a collector, I'm just a casual gamer, and this is just my list by the way, bf3 is one of the best I have ever played, and MCC allows me to play my fav halo ever in 1080 p 60 fps. Ac1 and revelations are also my fav AC.
  • CrowStar - January 17, 2015 2:24 a.m.

I agree with your reasoning about ACII and Brotherhood being better than Black Flag (Ezio's first two outing will always be near and dear to me), but ACIII being better? Ratonhnaké:ton was the dreariest Assassin ever. At least Edward Kenway has a personality. Unity's a fairly good game, if you can sacrifice the 40-something GB of updates and patches.
  • adam-garlock - December 23, 2014 5:57 a.m.

Not enough old school games. Where is super mario brothers either the first one second or third? They definitely drop the ball by not having NHL 94 on this list. And what about Madden?
  • Muskie - December 20, 2014 12:45 p.m.

Well... a 2D platformer fan I imagine.... 2D games are for kids. Most of the games mentioned are for young kids. If you want to waste your time on old 2D games well do it. If you think Metal Gear Solid 3 is better than the 4 you really don't know what is a good game. The only good Metal Gear Solid is the 4. The other ones have bad controls and ugly graphics and a dam linear USA comics/Rambo crappy scenario. You have some good games there maybe some classics (but who wants to start from the beginning and play old crap if you compare of what we do today?) Please people don't waste your precious time and money based on that LOL. I can say the top best games is always between the 2 last years you make a list. Going back to much in time is just happy kid memory. I liked all the Zombies movies when I was young. Now if I try to look at this today I can easily call it piece of garbage after 5-10 minutes of view. Same for most of those games here. Super Mario was a classic in the 80-90. Now there is no reason to go back because too much better games are released each year. All other 2D games from the 90 in that list are even worst than Super Mario in all aspect. Games like Journey are just for discovery not classics. If you don't have any replay after 2 hours it is not a classic. LOL. Here is my top 10: Unreal Tournament, Half Life(series), UT2004, All the Warcraft, Starcraft, Hearthstones, World of Warcraft. Uncharted 2, League of Legends, Guildwar (PVP). Top 20 (+10) Rome: Total War , Company of Heroes, Age of Empires II , Hitman: Blood Money ,Mass Effect series, Dragon Age: Origins (and the series too) , The Longest Journey, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic , Beyond: Two Souls. Do you see any 2D games here? NO!!! Any Mario or Galaga? no LOL. Those games must be under the top 200 LOL Any 3D game with a rating of 7.5+ the last 10 years are better than those overrated 2D games. The list goes on: top 30 (+10) The Last of US (online), Horizon, GTA5(or any good old one), Max Pain,Fable, System Shock 2 , Team Fortress 2, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault , Dishonored , Call of Duty (many good titles) top 40 (+10): Batman: Arkham Asylum (and city), Metal Gear Solid 4, F.E.A.R. , No One Lives Forever (series), The Elder Scrolls V, Battlefield (series), Heavy Rain, BioShock (series), The Sims (choose one it is all the same) , Maybe Portal 2 here LOL. Ok I think people understand why I try to say. :D
  • NoWayDude - January 4, 2015 11:23 p.m.

Either you're the worst troll ever, or you have the crappiest taste in gaming I have ever seen.
  • Muskie - January 5, 2015 11:44 p.m.

Go play your 2D games moron LoL. These are the best games ever made. Try it hard or die like a ignorant noob. LoL
  • NoWayDude - January 7, 2015 1:02 p.m.

Continue to play your overhyped gun-fests dude. You may have listed a couple of good games (Portal) but the majority of the games you claim to be so good have either aged poorly, or were never worth the hype to begin with. Meanwhile, Super Mario Bros. 3 is still a blast. But I know an uneducated child such as yourself has trouble grasping the concept of appreciating timeless works and the craft that went into them. For a simpleton such as yourself, you only need marketers to tell you what's new and shiny and, in your primitive little mind, that automatically makes it one of the best ever.
  • Muskie - January 7, 2015 2:44 p.m.

Hey moron, Super Mario has 0 replay value. Do you really play games? The online games are the key. You play against other players not against stupid Repetitive AI bot. Online games never end. Platform games die once you are bored or finished the game. Portal die once you completed all the easy levels. Some hours and it is done and you go for another game. I call it cleanex games ( clean next) LoL. You have over 100 000 of unreal tournament maps on the Internet to play with other real people. It is more than a lifetime of gameplay. You have like 20 000 mods and mutators to change the game for what you want. You can built what you want with the tools that comes with the game. Think about it.