• Frieza - October 11, 2013 7:28 p.m.

Travis Touchdown isn't on this list. Why isn't he on this list? Like, seriously. You thought Starkiller was good enough to make the list, so why not Travis? At least Travis' games were good.
  • cyco687 - October 11, 2013 7:11 p.m.

I'm very happy to see Garcia Fucking Hotspur in the top 20! Apart from Portal I think you nailed the top 20
  • acepedro12 - October 11, 2013 6:25 p.m.

Both Joel and Ellie sucks. Ellie is annoying. Joel is a psychopath.
  • winner2 - October 11, 2013 6:11 p.m.

I'm just glad Geralt is in the top 30. He might be my favorite.
  • winner2 - October 12, 2013 9:51 p.m.

Oh and I almost forgot, don't y'all EVER say Geralt's name so wrongly again. It's GAER-ULT, not Jur-ult, Jur-alt, or Jair-ult. It's like GAER as in in Gary and then ult. It bothered me immensely when y'all did that like two or 3 times across podcasts. But I still love you, I'm sorry.
  • Oujisama - October 11, 2013 6 p.m.

One day, I'll see a GR list that doesn't end with Portal.
  • rigbybot127 - October 12, 2013 2:07 a.m.

If Portal happened in the generation the list is set in, it will always make the number 1 spot in some way.
  • MeanwhileGuy - October 11, 2013 5:25 p.m.

I don't want to be a dick, but aside from Garrus and Mordin, this list is sorely lacking in Mass Effect characters; particularly Jack, Tali, Joker, EDI, The Illusive Man, Liara, Admiral Anderson, Wrex, Legion, Thane and Commander Shepard her/himself. Everyone single one of those (well, apart from Joker and Shepard, for obvious reasons) could easily carry their own game. That's what Bioware nailed so perfectly: the characters, because I actually, physically cared about them, unlike so many other games this generation, many of which are on this list. Anyway, some other characters I would have included are: Captain Walker from Spec Ops: The Line, Sleeping Dogs' Wei Shen, Lightning, Madison Paige from Heavy Rain, Eleanor Lamb, Faith from Mirror's Edge, Jetstream Sam from MGR, the Space Core, Desmond Miles (everyone else can shut up, he's a damn good character), Jodie Holmes and Jorhan Stahl.
  • BladedFalcon - October 11, 2013 5:54 p.m.

As much as I like Mass Effect, I don't think it would be accurate, nor fair, nor particularly interesting to have a list that encompasses the ENTIRE generation and yet have more than 5 characters of a single game or franchise XD Besides, while most of the characters are GOOD, not everyone stood out, or where particularly unique. Characters like Wrex, Thane, Joker and tali are great, but you've more or less seen characters like them before, maybe not as well realized, but still. Mordin and Garrus stand out because well.... there's no one in gamedom that even comes close to being like Mordin, and Garrus has a charm unique to him. Of course, as I noted below, i WOULD have added Legion to this list, as he's unique as well. Also, I loved Spec Ops the line, but more for it's story than it's characters, and Captain Walker works in the same way Jack from the first Bioshock did: They are both great ciphers to which the story communicates with the player, the conceit of the game works because Walker is enough of a blank slate that you can insert yourself in him. But that doesn't make for a particularly interesting character.
  • sephex - October 11, 2013 4:21 p.m.

For the hundredth time, I don't understand this Nathan Drake love. He's just an average guy. Meant to be average. Very cheap compared to other characters. Bayonetta to me, with Garrus as a solid second.
  • BaraChat - October 11, 2013 3:23 p.m.

Superb list, I especially enjoyed the Top 10 which would really look like mine, just not the same order. And I'd have Ellie higher, like top 10 high. But the rest, Garrus. Wheatley, Ezio, Lee, Andrew Ryan, etc... just stellar.
  • thyho - October 11, 2013 3:08 p.m.

Big Daddy ,Little Sister? No? Dovahkiin Meh ok.
  • BladedFalcon - October 11, 2013 5:56 p.m.

None of them have much in the way of personality. The Big Daddy is imposing and certainly iconic in it's appearance, but isn't really much of a "character" Besides, both the little sister and the big daddy aren't a SINGLE character, as there are several of them, not how this list is comprised of singular people, usually because that's what makes them unique and stand out.
  • shawksta - October 11, 2013 2:47 p.m.

Awesome list, glad to see Mordin and Garrus, and especially John Marston and Missle get mentions. Your damn right about Handsome Jack and Claptrap. What made Claptrap so well is how you pretty much see one in every town in the first borderlands, only to have only 1 in the integrity of Borderlands 2. Dont remind me about his Birthday party, goddamn it that was depressing. If i had to choose an underdog, i would have to say Groose from Zelda Skyward Sword, specifically because he was nothing but basically a Gaston Clone for 1/3 of the game that was just a quick laugh for the inital beginning before Link because the chosen one. But then out of f*cking nowhere when you least expect it they decided to shove so much character development into him that he literally becomes the 3rd Hero alongside you and Zelda. Goddamn
  • JarkayColt - October 11, 2013 2:06 p.m.

This list is alright, but it's missing one of Sony's most iconic characters of this generation. Y'know, a certain character made of sackcloth and stuffing, who was last seen gallivanting around a tiny (possibly massive) planet. OH C'MON!
  • GR_JustinTowell - October 11, 2013 3:26 p.m.

Sackboy is a blank canvas though... And all his expression is mere puppetry from the DualShock. The only 'character' he displays by default is that he has a zip. My trousers have a zip, but I wouldn't put them in a list of best characters. :P
  • LordFacemunch99 - October 11, 2013 2:05 p.m.

A good list, but I was disappointed not seeing Travis Touchdown on the list. While not a terribly complex character, he was still very unique.
  • Bloodstorm - October 11, 2013 1:59 p.m.

When I saw Mordin, I was like "Garrus best be further up on this list." Personally, while I like Mordin, I far more enjoyed the entirety of characters like Wrex and Grunt. I don't agree with Alistair being on this list. He was annoying most of the time. Don't agree with Cole McGrath on this list either. Only having ever played Infamous 2, Cole as a character is highly forgettable. I feel the same way about Isaac Clarke.
  • GOD - October 11, 2013 1:59 p.m.

Good list, and I'm very happy to see Ghirahim on the list, as I feel that game had so much good stuff going for it that was ignored simply because it came out near the end of the Wii's life. He was a great villain and had a lot more going for him than just being evil.
  • GOD - October 11, 2013 2:04 p.m.

Also whoever wrote #7 for the Lutece's, clever girl.