• tCut95 - May 10, 2014 12:17 a.m.

When TERA was in beta, I was planning on buying it... Then, Guild Wars 2 happened... If you're willing to pay to own the game (nothing after that is required, of course) get GW2 over TERA...
  • Lanzer - December 24, 2013 2:33 p.m.

Definitely forgot about Planetside 2. Huge F2P MMO.
  • vicky_john - November 29, 2013 3:53 a.m.

there are some more mmo games are not listed in the listed.
  • nithin-kumar-reddy - November 8, 2013 6:37 a.m.

Tera is the best f2p out there now, i agree there is alot of grinding but every mmo has grind and the combat makes up for the grind. This should be #1
  • tCut95 - May 10, 2014 12:22 a.m.

Although, if willing to pay for the game (no subscriptions), Guild Wars 2 is MUCH better. Otherwise, I am compelled to agree with you (Neverwinter close second, imo)
  • blue-booger - April 3, 2013 4:53 a.m.

how do I see the entire article without having to click through 28 god damn slides ? and when I log in through facebook why in the hell do yo need access to my friend list ? fuck you
  • disent - March 3, 2013 2:29 a.m.

C9 is probably one of my favorites: http://www.mmoknight.com/review/c9-continent-of-the-ninth/ It's fast paced and skill based, no tab targeting etc.
  • tichtat - November 15, 2012 10:55 p.m.

Something I always loved about DDO, is that it has a GM. Nothing is better than playing through a dungeon, and hearing the woman say what the Sahuagin sayeth.
  • Tyrande - November 15, 2012 9:07 p.m.

i've tried 6/10! and i still can't concentrate enough to build a lvl. 80 character... i always abandon ship around lvl.30... one that's also fun, weird and different among this free MMO's is Ghost X Ultimate
  • LordEvan88 - November 15, 2012 6:56 p.m.

If you aren't sure how it will work as a F2P game, why put TOR on the list of best F2P MMOs at all? Seems like you should wait a few days, actually play it, make a proper assessment of the game and then determine whether or not it even belongs on the list.
  • laurenhiya21 - November 15, 2012 6:52 p.m.

I haven't tried most of these, but I really need to give Vindictus a go sometime (if my computer can handle it...) Maybe Aion as well, as I have been interested in it before it went F2P...
  • Elitepwnsface - November 15, 2012 11:07 a.m.

I have yet to play a free to play mmo for more than a day.
  • nintendo365 - July 11, 2012 11:12 a.m.

Screw what anyone says, MapleStory is an awesome mmo. Constant new classes and an epic story make it awesome.
  • awsomedude11 - March 19, 2012 12:24 p.m.

i laughed so hard when i saw free realms on the list LOL, Its a fucking kids game damnit.
  • febox - March 19, 2012 1:05 a.m.

Funny list, I bet the author never played more than 30 minutes with these.
  • ElwoodFiore - March 16, 2012 2:33 p.m.

Tibia has zelda style dungeon crawling and its free. It has premium features that are fairly cheap aswell. And its been around for 15years. That should of made the list for lasting that long.
  • ThundaGawd - March 16, 2012 2:06 p.m.

I'm genuinely surprised to finally see Vindictus getting the recognition it deserves O.o
  • lemur - March 16, 2012 9:02 a.m.

How about runescape? I'm not sure if it's still popular but I remember a time where everyone was playing it.
  • FriendlyFire - March 15, 2012 9:13 p.m.

How in hell did Star Trek Online not make the list? It might not be mind-blowing, but it's certainly good. And it's Star Trek.
  • fatlady333 - March 15, 2012 7:53 p.m.

Next time on the list Raiderz