We Recommend

• Lemming - March 1, 2012 8:12 p.m.

While I'm not completely dismissing that he could be half-native American, just saying he could just as easily (and typically) be a white guy who learned the native ways like Dances with Wolves or Last Samurai.
  • samsneeze - March 1, 2012 8:54 p.m.

Yes, and by learning the native ways he was able to change his skin tone and develop the facial structure of those around him. He's a damn chameleon! ...Wait, what?
  • kyle94 - March 1, 2012 6:45 p.m.

One more thing. While all the Assassins in previous games wore white, during the Revolutionary War, the French uniform was white. Not only that, but the AC 3 protagonist's clothes look like they're a military jacket with a hood stitched on. So, I'm betting that (either through backstory, or the beginning of the game) the main character was involved in the French and Indian war. (To be fair, Natives also fought on the British side, but half-Native American + white military jacket just seems more likely that he was fighting against the British before the Revolutionary War.)
  • FinderKeeper - March 5, 2012 9:49 p.m.

Well spotted, good sir. My thoughts exactly, Re: the backstory.
  • sgloomy - March 1, 2012 6:41 p.m.

as awesome as it would have been for the next game to be set in Japan, this is probably as equally awesome for a setting!!!! super excited, I can't wait to see what they are going to do with it. that being said, something still puzzles me. if i am right, the "current day" setting with desmond is set in 2012 so I really hope they somehow address that considering we are in 2012.
  • mo$e$ - March 1, 2012 6:06 p.m.

i remember part of assassins creed II, when you unlocked subject 16s memory things, it said John Wilkes Booth was an assassin....could be something?
  • DLH570 - March 1, 2012 7:08 p.m.

I don't quite see how that could fit into this game... John Wilkes Booth was born 55 years after the American Revolutionary War ended.
  • benjitenji - March 1, 2012 8 p.m.

If this particular character could live for about a hundred years, then quite possibly yes. If not, no.
  • FinderKeeper - March 5, 2012 9:50 p.m.

No, John Wilkes Booth wasn't an assassin. He was just a misunderstood thespian. X-D
  • BlankDistortion - June 28, 2012 9:53 p.m.

He wasn't an Assassin, he was more likely a templar agent. The Assassins are actually the ones that had him killed. Check this page out on the AC wiki, it is written with everything that is known about the character throught the entire AC universe, so it is completely true. http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/John_Wilkes_Booth
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - March 1, 2012 5:43 p.m.

In Assassin's Creed II, as you go along unlocking pieces of Subject 16's memory, you find a picture of George Washington holding the piece of eden. It's also mentioned that it was shipped over to Hitler once, to cause the Holocaust. JFK was assissinated, I'm pretty sure because he had the apple. There's other stuff mentioned too, but what I'm trying to say is, there being an apple in North America comes as no surprise.
  • kyle94 - March 1, 2012 8:07 p.m.

Don't forget the countless mentions of Edison in AC 2.
  • Evanesco - March 1, 2012 5:32 p.m.

"While we're not going to say this proves that he's a general or an officer, it definitely shows that he works with them quite a lot." .....or he stole them. Assassin's have been known to do that everyone once in a while. Side Note: HELL YES.
  • Odis - March 1, 2012 5:25 p.m.

Benjamin Franklin is probably the new Leonardo.
  • samsneeze - March 1, 2012 5:21 p.m.

I wonder how the new protagonist is going to develop his "lip scar". That thing is pretty much programmed into Desmond's DNA as well.
  • Dakken - March 1, 2012 5:46 p.m.

Tomahawk to the face!!!
  • comaqi - March 1, 2012 4:55 p.m.

I'm so excited for this game I don't think I can even put it into words.
  • RandomShadow44 - March 1, 2012 4:45 p.m.

Never played an Assassins Creed game. I want to get into it.
  • robotdickens - March 1, 2012 4:36 p.m.

When I went into GameStop today, they had a box for it and something about France. Maybe I read that wrong but he might either be on the French side or at least be French.
  • linorn - March 1, 2012 4:08 p.m.

"the new Assassin fights for the red, white, and blue" Seriously? Do you know the colours of the British flag?
  • GR HollanderCooper - March 1, 2012 5 p.m.

*sigh*