• CitizenWolfie - March 2, 2012 12:16 a.m.

The more I'm reading about this, the more I'm coming around to it. It might be nice to use some different weapons to the usual AC inventory. The Eagle connections are pretty cool as well, certainly fits in well. It's just that outfit. It looks so odd. The hood doesn't fit with the rest of the costume and while it's part of the AC history, being white makes it look totally out of place with everyone else. "Our captain has been murdered! Who did this?" "Maybe it's the only bloke conspicuously wearing that white hood on the battlefield, sir."
  • CitizenWolfie - March 2, 2012 12:23 a.m.

Oh by the way... RE: the hidden blades. I wouldn't have noticed this otherwise but I actually played that section in AC:R yesterday - Ezio wasn't actually the only/first Assassin to use the dual hidden blades. In the flashback after the 4th Masayaf Key is found, the 82 year-old Altair clearly has dual hidden blades. Probably a bit of a continuity error on Ubisoft's part there but it means you can't necessarily rule out the dual blades for the new guy.
  • Crabhand - March 2, 2012 12:28 a.m.

Perhaps my memory is a bit rusty, but didn't the idea for the dual blades come from a codex page? And weren't those codex pages written by Altair?
  • samsneeze - March 2, 2012 7:05 a.m.

I think the worst thing that could happen with this setting is that they'll try to make it like Splinter Cell: Conviction in order to make up for the lack of buildings. (Which I don't quite understand really. I mean, it's not like they were living in huts and shit. And I think most of the major colonies had been established for a good one hundred years by this point.) Anyway that game was bad. Well, not really bad, but it definitely wasn't Splinter Cell.
  • samsneeze - March 2, 2012 7:10 a.m.

That wasn't meant to be a reply to you guys. Sorry bout that.
  • CitizenWolfie - March 2, 2012 7:41 a.m.

Yes, you are right actually. I had forgotten Leonardo made them from the Codex as opposed to it being his invention. Either way, Altair used them as well so it's not Ezio's "signature" by any means.
  • Evanesco - March 2, 2012 10:53 p.m.

Altair invented them and wrote the plans down on a codex page. When they were first introduced, Ezio and Leo, mostly Leo, figured that Altai had just hypothesized that it could be done, suggesting that they didn't know enough about the man's legacy to know what we know now, that he used his plans and had them built by someone. (Also suggests that there's a high possibility that Altai is as smart as Leo) Anyway, we only find out later, in the Altai flashback, that Altair actually used dual blades. Ezio and desmond learned it at the same time through the flashback. If I remember correctly, Leo also relayed to Ezio the fact that Altair had improved the hidden blade's core functionality to preserve the wearer's fingers.
  • BlankDistortion - June 28, 2012 9:47 p.m.

The idea of Dual Hidden Blades, the Hidden Gun, Poison, and so much more was written by Altair in the Codex Pages during his studies of the Apple of Eden he obtained. Connor will have dual blades as well, because over time the idea would become more obtainable and neessary. They can both retract for dual-wielding purposes, but probably won't have the hidden gun as an addition.
  • FinderKeeper - March 5, 2012 9:46 p.m.

Actually, if he's fighting guerrilla-style warfare in the snow and forests of upstate New York, I'd say it's the Redcoats who will stand out like sore thumbs...
  • potpan0 - March 2, 2012 12:13 a.m.

I'm a bit dissapointed with this really. I was hoping for it to be set in Victorian London, or maybe even Paris during the revolution. It just seems America doesn't have much scope for cool buildings to climb. Also, I wanted the Americans to be the bad guys for once. How cool would it be to find out George Washington was a templar, and the USA was founded by a group of templars. That would also set it up for Desmond, as he could have the FBI/other US organisation chasing him in the modern era on behalf of the templars.
  • gmcb2011 - March 2, 2012 11:16 a.m.

I'm pretty sure one of the glyphs in the past game implied that Washington was a templar pretty heavily... Well, everyone with power was a templar: Gandhi, Henry Ford, Hitler... I wouldn't make the "Brits bad, 'Mericans good" assumption quite yet.
  • KishouTenpi - March 1, 2012 10:09 p.m.

What's with the new format? I'm not a fan :/
  • Gillespee - March 1, 2012 9:54 p.m.

#7 - You know Washington didn't sign the Declaration, right? At the time the final wording of the Declaration was being approved on July 4, Washington and his plucky band of volunteers were in New York. You do mention Franklin later on, so you're covered, but it does sound like you're saying Washington was a signer.
  • IceBlueKirby - March 1, 2012 9:50 p.m.

I'm absolutely stoked for this game. It sounds fantastic, and I'm happy to know that it'll be out later this year, because I'm not sure I can wait too long to play this.
  • soren7550 - March 1, 2012 8:55 p.m.

Something to maybe add to #6: another thing that may imply he fights for America is that he's rocking a blue vest/coat with the sleeves cut off. Americans wore blue uniforms, so go Team America!
  • mikehoncho - March 1, 2012 8:44 p.m.

the idea of future assassins set during wars is awesome. imagine on set in vietnam, sneaking around the jungle
  • AGENTJORRRG - March 1, 2012 8:40 p.m.

I'm liking the Assassins Guild insignia shaped hatchet. Very cool. I wonder if it's also usable as a projectile?
  • FrancoBits - March 1, 2012 8:31 p.m.

Nice! A little note here: Assassin's Creed II: Discovery isn't for DS and iOS only? D:
  • shawksta - March 1, 2012 8:23 p.m.

Damn not bad, im actually hugely interested, Tomahawk? F*CK YEAH! Being with Washington and ben would be a freakin awesome idea, whatever this game goes to, its definitly setting a new standard, and im looking forward to see the reveal.
  • Lemming - March 1, 2012 8:12 p.m.

While I'm not completely dismissing that he could be half-native American, just saying he could just as easily (and typically) be a white guy who learned the native ways like Dances with Wolves or Last Samurai.