• Nomaddic - September 3, 2011 4:39 a.m.

I'm tired of yearly CoDs and I have never bought the DLC, so I'll pass. Based on the popularity of the series though, a lot of people will probably get this.
  • lilbuddha - September 3, 2011 3:42 a.m.

No, screw you. I don't care how much they paid you to write this dribble. Go in a corner of the internet and die. DLC was bad enough, I refuse to stand idly while the videogame industry turns into the cable industry (pay monthly for services, yearly increases in costs, terrible service, 90% of content is trash). Ban this username, email, IP address whatever, I came here to get away from the paid news bulls**t that infested Kotaku. Whole god damn industry is full of sellouts. Ugh.
  • vigilant - September 3, 2011 5:37 p.m.

It's very sweet that you think that Activision pays for varied opinions, bless.
  • i3atRice - September 3, 2011 6:49 p.m.

Actually it makes sense if you think about it vigilant. For a long time, everything gamesradar said about CoD was either negative, or skeptical. Not to mention it reaches more people then you would think. Wouldn't exactly be strange for activision to all of a sudden start paying websites of all kind
  • CitizenWolfie - September 3, 2011 3:18 a.m.

As much as I enjoy CoD, I can't see myself paying £40 (rough estimate for UK currency) for those extras. I don't play in clans or bother too much with competitions so the vanilla version is fine with me. As I said in a previous comment/article, so long as I can easily find other people who play objective-based games properly and not as if they were deathmatches I'll be happy. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been let down by a team of campers and deathmatchers while you're trying to capture a zone on your lonesome. Nor do I think this is a problem exclusive to Call of Duty
  • sleepyMexican45 - September 3, 2011 4:25 a.m.

If objective based matches - with none of the TDM retards - is what your after, try BF3 ;)
  • CitizenWolfie - September 3, 2011 6:07 a.m.

I'll be getting that as well, but I just like the fast paced play and tighter ,maps of the CoD games sometimes. Sometimes you want a burger instead of a steak you know?
  • tongansk8lad2428 - September 3, 2011 7:19 p.m.

^ this.... but the tards that will be fighting for the chopper/jets will be immense the first month or so
  • HeavyTank - September 3, 2011 2:25 a.m.

I laugh at this when I think about TF2...free in-depth stats tracking, free weapons, free maps, free game modes, any kind of free DLC you can imagine..for what's now a F2P game. And now you say that this is worth the money when the company could afford to give free DLC and still make a metric ton of cash?Don't make me laugh.
  • TheIronMaiden - September 2, 2011 11:20 p.m.

Battlefield 3 plx
  • TheIronMaiden - September 2, 2011 11:19 p.m.

battlefield 3 plx
  • Doctalen - September 2, 2011 9:58 p.m.

Still haven't bought any DLC for Modern Warfare since COD4, just don't see the point. Somewhat regretted the high price for the original DLC but I enjoyed them non the less.
  • KillerTofu - September 2, 2011 9:40 p.m.

Jesus...I don't understand all the CoD hate, it has its place
  • larkan - September 2, 2011 8:47 p.m.

This is a good thing....when they see how many people don't pick this up (or MW3 for that matter), they'll be forced to look back on what they could do different for the next game, fire another large portion of their staff, the remaining staff will leave, and then POOF....no more CoD! Yay :D
  • MrDuracraft - September 2, 2011 9:30 p.m.

Wishful thinking
  • Campbell - September 3, 2011 5:50 a.m.

Indeed very wishfull thinking, but if they keep expanding these ideas. I do see a very mean looking downward curve in there financing.
  • Redeater - September 2, 2011 8:27 p.m.

It's funny because half of you idiots are still going to pay this. Not that i'm pointing to anyone in particular but remember all the bitching people did about the high price of the stimulus DLC? Then it went on to be one of the best selling DLC of all time?? People sure have the freedom to buy what they want but if you ask me COD fans are nuts!
  • Plan10FromOuterSpace - September 3, 2011 12:53 p.m.

yeah, ive thought there was something a bit weird about COD fans for a while now, they seem to have a strange habit of buying the same game again and again, even weirder is the fact that suddenly every year around Christmas time they start to get really excited about the act of buying the same game, im starting to fear they may be some sort of evil cult, or a colony of ants
  • KainStrider - September 2, 2011 8:22 p.m.

CoD has a community? Seriously? Is this a clever ruse?