Topics

anime

• Victinithetiny - October 17, 2014 2:58 p.m.

No Kid Icarus anime?
  • puepieki - August 5, 2014 2:43 a.m.

I just got a PSN card for free! :D http://freepsn.info/
  • rxb - August 4, 2014 5:11 a.m.

I know this is a reissue, the first time round it drove me to watch Fatal Fury and the Sonic Anime. But since then the best thing ever happened. A Bayonetta anime movie. Get it on import, watch it online it's amazing.
  • winner2 - August 2, 2014 8:48 a.m.

I might have to watch that pokemon origins, sounds like an alternative to the kiddie crap it has become today. But I've been on the fence about the P4 show for a while now, because I'm not sure how I'd feel watching a show with a predetermined path like that. A huge part of what made that game so special for me was how it felt like MY adventure, so I'm not sure how that'd go for me. Also, I don't know if I'd be able to take watching the main character NOT end up with one of the ladies or dudes. I can't imagine it any other way. But since I always have the game to replay again in case I'm disappointed, I guess I'll give it a shot. Very nice work Henry, I love these recommendation articles like this and the comic movie one.
  • Frieza - August 2, 2014 9:02 a.m.

"I might have to watch that pokemon origins, sounds like an alternative to the kiddie crap it has become today." The Pokemon anime has always been "kiddie crap". But to be fair, while the writing is still below average and Ash is still a terrible protagonist, the show's production value has improved dramatically these days.
  • profile0000 - August 1, 2014 3:40 p.m.

I love that last sentence of the Persona 4 entry, as that thought has crossed my mind a few times before. P4 The Animation is very rewarding to watch if you enjoyed the game, and I'd recommend it. Bayonetta has an English release of it's anime coming up soon I believe, which hopefully will make this list some day.
  • cricket0 - July 13, 2014 4:40 p.m.

Im surprised Gungrave wasn't on this list, that show was fantastic, and its based off of the 2 PS2 games, which were fittingly made by the artist who made Trigun
  • Grimgiven - July 13, 2014 4:05 p.m.

Darkstalkers had a pretty cool anime, (not the american cartoon). Although most characters didn't get a look in apart from the starting credits were Pyron would own them.
  • darnell-l-armstrong - February 3, 2013 8:59 p.m.

The Chrono Trigger OVA(Not to be confused with the PS1 version cutscenes)....It was interesting because It didnt even involve the main characters (you only seen a glimpse of Crono and Lucca at the end), and it was the monsters take on the millenial fair.....Also..Zone of the Enders had both an OVA(Idolo) and a series(Dolores)...Out of the list, I only seen Ninja Gaiden and Battle Arena Toshinden...
  • Tyrande - January 28, 2013 4:41 p.m.

zoids!
  • winner2 - August 2, 2014 8:44 a.m.

THIS
  • alex-roy-bristol - August 4, 2014 1:40 p.m.

I used to play Zoids: Battle Legends ALL day! I'd jump from buildings as that raptor Zoid and call it "Building Hoppers" :'D
  • gryzor - January 28, 2013 7:57 a.m.

Blue Dragon
  • Aquasol - January 28, 2013 4:18 a.m.

Aww, all that and no joke-mention of the Suikoden anime? Sure, it was completely unrelated to the game in almost every way, but at the time it was marketed as if to hint at a connection.
  • sephex - January 27, 2013 2:54 a.m.

OMG! How I loved those 90's japanese animations. Mai's breasts included.
  • Vonter - August 1, 2014 3:16 p.m.

I see what you did there.
  • VGFreak122590 - January 26, 2013 1:53 p.m.

No mention of Kirby: Right Back At Ya!? It might not have been the best anime ever conceived (and the CGI is a bit hokey), but I still have a soft spot for it, if only because it has one of the most adorable iterations of the pink puffball to date. That, and the opening theme is catchy(and Meta Knight's Spanish accent is just too perfect).
  • Elgyem - January 25, 2013 9:08 p.m.

Anyone else here remember the viewtiful joe cartoon?
  • antiAntag0nist - January 25, 2013 9:26 p.m.

That Show caught me off guard as I had no idea it I existed until I was checking out what cartoons were on a Saturday morning years ago. I thought it was okay, but it didn't hold my interest for too long.
  • wheresmymonkey - January 28, 2013 1:55 a.m.

Yes. It was pretty damn good from what i remember. The Disgea Anime's worth a wtch too, although its not that faithful an adaptation its still pretty funny. Jesus the DMC anime on the other hand was bad. I don't understand why the fans got so angry about DmC considering they didn't bat an eyelid over what they did to Dante in that series.