• Darkhawk - January 27, 2014 5:24 p.m.

I rage quit the fuck out of FFX's final boss. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: "... And this is my TRUE form!" does not a fair boss make.
  • shawksta - January 27, 2014 4:38 p.m.

I want to say Bonetail from Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door's Pit of One Hundred trials. But i feel the bigger bullshit is the journey going to him than the actual fight. I mean Badge Bandits? Are you Effing kidding me!?
  • Doctor_Pancakes - January 27, 2014 9:28 p.m.

That was easy though lol Were you bad at timing the hits?
  • shawksta - January 27, 2014 9:54 p.m.

Its not that, Those bottom levels are just filled with jackass enemies with big health and i went through it pretty underleveled.
  • AshLynx - January 27, 2014 4:11 p.m.

Some of my memories of toughest RPG bosses include: Whitney (Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal) it's that damn Miltank, which, at that point in the game, wipes the floor even with your basic fighting types. I haaate fighting her! Then she won't even give you her badge when you win! As a kid, she gave me the most trouble. Nyx (Persona 3)-It took me two tries to beat this, which amounted to about 3 hours. For two stabs at a single boss. That's because about halfway through, the thing can give everyone a random status, convince your AI people to attack him with powerful -dyne spells that will immediately backfire and kill the user unless you are constantly babysitting your AI allies, and one of those spells is friggin Charm, which will make your allies heal him. With the heal spell that gives you all of your HP back. And this is after the insta-kill light and dark rounds (which is easy enough to survive as the main with good persona changing, but your AI allies are pretty well screwed for two rounds). Yeah. Comparatively, I did not find Persona 4's final boss to be quite as frustrating (thanks in part to direct controlling your allies, naturally, and also due to not being as long and difficult)
  • winner2 - January 27, 2014 3:59 p.m.

Ornstein and smough can seriously go to hell forever, that fight was some grade A bullshit if you tried to do it alone. The only worse one in souls that I can think of off the top of my head would be the flame lurker thing or the maneaters, and that's still a close competition IMO.
  • universaltofu - January 27, 2014 9:54 p.m.

It's doable though, I just focused on Ornstein, with him gone Smough is easy enough to keepaway from while whittling him down.
  • Earthbound_X - January 27, 2014 3:10 p.m.

Dragon Slayer Ornstein & Executioner Smough are the only bosses on this list I have fought recently, and to be honest, they aren't that bad. Though I admit I had a lot of practice, as I fought them over and over, while helping randoms.
  • Outofmanyone - January 27, 2014 3:04 p.m.

I just got my platinum trophy for Kingdom Hearts(God that was a grind) and I didn't think any of the bosses were particularly that bad.. but I was at level 99 with a ton of Megalixers, Potions and Ethers by the time I defeat Seph and the others so, I'm sure at a lower difficulty setting It's tougher. I thought the clock tower boss where you had to time the elements according to the color of the orb or whatever it was and constantly watch the clock for 'Doom' was the toughest for me. It's been a long time but I remember some of the side hunts for FFXII were pretty darn tough. There was an electrified unicorn midway up some tower that was ridiculous, throwing status ailments left and right, took me a while to take It down. There was also a boss--I believe it was the last hunt--that supposedly takes hours to take down, I remember giving it a few tries but I don't think I ever beat 'em. Maybe someday I'll give it another shot. Some good boss fights in that game.
  • KA87 - January 27, 2014 3:04 p.m.

I seriously don't know why people think that that boss fight from Dark Souls is so hard. I won that fight on the first try and I even killed the wrong one first. I destoryed them in two minutes and I was only around level 65.
  • pl4y4h - January 27, 2014 1:43 p.m.

In that Titan boss trial thing in FFXIII I could never beat that one plant dude in section A (i think that was the section). Maybe it's just cause i didn't feel like grinding anymore but it was ridiculous to me that all the other bosses were manageable and this one shut me down each time, and usually when a good chunk of his health was down
  • cJinL - January 27, 2014 6:16 p.m.

Do you mean that Ochu thing? With the little minions? Yeah, freaking impossible to beat normally. You have to have really really high end-game stats to fight it normally. I didn't have time to grind either but most people use Vanille's death to try and insta-kill it. Took awhile but it worked.
  • universaltofu - January 27, 2014 9:58 p.m.

Yeah, in FFXIII-2 there was one that closed me out several times before I could manage to beat it, then everything else was standard strategy.
  • Cyberninja - January 27, 2014 1:43 p.m.

Simple if you have to put someone from TWEWY on here put Mr.H he is literally impossible to fight even at max level if you do something harder then Easy, and I put boss rush no problem on Ultimate.
  • BladedFalcon - January 27, 2014 2:13 p.m.

Is that fight with Mr. H the fight you have with the golden version of Sho's transformation in that chapter after the end of the game? or is it a different fight?
  • birdro - January 27, 2014 4:18 p.m.

The mix of Sho and Konishi's noise forms, yeah. I think the best I ever managed was on normal, again at max level. Just so much goin on with both screens and EVERYTHING he does is an almost immediate threat to your life if it hits.
  • BladedFalcon - January 27, 2014 4:37 p.m.

Ah, I was right then. Yeah, I don't think I was able to beat it beyond normal. It's just too much.
  • Endorphinated25x - January 27, 2014 1:40 p.m.

I might be wrong in judging the difficulty of this boss because I'm a JRPG noob, but the Ice Queen in Enchanted Arms is nigh impossible to defeat. According to every site I read, the only way to beat her was by maxing out certain members of your party so the days I spent trying to balance my team were for nothing and I had the choice of cutting my losses or continue grinding in such a mediocre game. So much for an easy 1000 gamerscore.
  • sweetchiliheat - January 27, 2014 1:39 p.m.

I personally remember Lords of Shadow's DLC boss being a royal pain in the rear, especially on Paladin difficulty. The problem was, you needed to finish him with air combat...where you're most vulnerable. There isn't even an air dodge, so you need to quick dash down to ground and then follow up with your dodge/jump. I also don't think you could get much magic back, so you were pretty much stuck with whatever you had.
  • BladedFalcon - January 27, 2014 2:11 p.m.

Yeah, I've heard he's pretty though, but the problem is that Lords of Shadow isn't an JRPG XD