• Yeager1122 - April 7, 2011 1:43 a.m.

I just want headphones peroid.
  • y2kpikachu12 - April 7, 2011 1:52 a.m.

Hahahah, I forgot about all the CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK Brett is hilarious in that video. Things like that are why I love you GR.
  • AirickG - April 7, 2011 2:13 a.m.

headphones are also a good idea for those snea... tsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Shit
  • FVDub - April 7, 2011 2:39 a.m.

Dead Space and Dead Space 2. Red Dead Redemption and most other open world games. And an older one: Metroid Fusion for the GBA. The game sounds terrible coming from the tiny GBA speakers, but the sound design is amazing with decent headphones.
  • ZOMG_bookcase - April 7, 2011 3:03 a.m.

Was Dead Space not in there? Cause if not it should be I mean have you heard the small shuffling of unseen necromorphs through vents and behind you? If not put on a pair and listen on your next playthrough it's scary as hell.
  • TwoFirstNames - April 7, 2011 3:31 a.m.

Couldn't agree more with Far Cry 2. Playing that game with my 5.1 Earforce X-3's was an amazing experience. Must do!!
  • Imthedoctor - April 7, 2011 3:33 a.m.

Jet Set Radio Future. I love that soundtrack
  • ilikeduckvaginatista - April 7, 2011 3:54 a.m.

WAT ABOUT PAPA SANGRE ON THE IPHONE!! all that game is, is sound!!! the graphics arent even there to tighten up!! and its really great!
  • CurryIsGood - April 7, 2011 5:09 a.m.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas because my mon always wonders why I like 50's music so much..
  • The4X - April 7, 2011 5:23 a.m.

Get your dirty ears of Masha!111
  • NanoElite666 - April 7, 2011 6:51 a.m.

Headphones are a must for the likes of the Golden Sun games and Advance Wars Days of Ruin, as those games feature fantastic soundtracks that cannot be properly appreciated via just your GBA's or DS's speakers.
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - April 7, 2011 7:34 a.m.

festafreak totally beat me to it - Amnesia: The Dark Descent!
  • jmcgrotty - April 7, 2011 7:41 a.m.

Jesus Christ, guys! He was kidding when he said "The World Ends With You" in the list. No one really plays that crap. I only hope that those who agreed were "playing along" in the joke. And headphones in a FPS are useless and ridiculous. Why the hell would you play any game where you have to listen to other *I deleted a very long string of insults against anyone who plays FPS games online*... Quit being idiots, little kids.
  • CitizenWolfie - April 7, 2011 8:15 a.m.

Manhunt - if you played it with earphones, the Director would be talking in your ear as if you were the main character. As well as the ambient sounds of general lunacy and depravity it made for a creepy experience
  • Deckard5627 - April 7, 2011 8:23 a.m.

nar man, headphones for silent hill 2, you think bioshock is creepey. Trust me, try this.
  • sirdilznik - April 7, 2011 10:14 a.m.

I completely agree with festafreak. Amnesia: The Dark Descent has some of the best (and creepiest) atmospheric sounds out there and as stated they even tell you to play using headphones (and with the lights off) in the instructions.
  • Benjamin333 - April 7, 2011 10:33 a.m.

Can't believe I left off Amnesia and its actual 'wear headphones' advice! Thanks for the comments, people. Glad you're all enjoying the feature. You guys have a point about certain games I left off (most DS/PSP games have surprisingly good audio when heard through headphones). To me, ALL horror games are far too effective at scaring you silly with headphones. This feature would've just turned into me listing them and describing my various levels of intimidation.
  • philipshaw - April 7, 2011 11:08 a.m.

Great list and I do play most portable games with headphones
  • BaraChat - April 7, 2011 12:25 p.m.

I've never played a game with headphones, even if I play some competitive online FPSs. But since I auto-mute everyone as soon as I enter a lobby, I don't think it'd be of much use, except for not waking up my wife when I play late at night. In fact I always thought that the TV audio produces better atmosphere (because it's in the whole room) than simple headphones. So I've never been interested in headphones.
  • BurntToShreds - April 7, 2011 4:44 p.m.

The TWEWY soundtrack IS on iTunes, just FYI. Sometimes, I wish they made it to where the same two J-Pop songs didn't play all the time. I want to hear some Transformation and Junk Garage, dammit.