Topics

Week of Hate

• veryweirdguy - April 29, 2011 7:59 p.m.

Yeah, opinions are overrated.
  • SalamanderJesus - April 29, 2011 7:53 p.m.

lol Portal is overrated. You should all go play a good game instead.
  • awinnerisjew - April 29, 2011 7:40 p.m.

@TheKennedyCurse If you bought it for $70 than you're even more f'd up. It was only $60, Dudebro. Whoa, they saw YOU comin'!
  • jayajaya415 - April 29, 2011 7:40 p.m.

*Whine* "Its too short". Why did you even buy it then? You knew how long it would be. Every review said it. Besides, if it is too short, then you must have enjoyed it enough to want more.
  • Aletheon - April 29, 2011 7:40 p.m.

Best Game of All Time: VANQUISH (GodHard difficulty)
  • TheKennedyCurse - April 29, 2011 7:32 p.m.

If I buy a game for 70 dollars that I can only enjoy playing through once (before I know exactly how to solve all the puzzles), then there'd damn well better be free DLC, that's all I can really say about that.
  • Sniped50 - April 29, 2011 7:30 p.m.

I <3 the Portal series. Though I don't lie around crying over spilt fictional cake, or craft my very own companion cube, or take a homeless football in and call it 'Wheatley'. Was it that hard to find flaws that you had to resort to calling us 'ignorant rubes'?
  • awinnerisjew - April 29, 2011 7:30 p.m.

@thekennedycurse Wait, what? Portal was available on PSN/XBLA? I'm going to get on PSN RIGHT NOW and buy that shit! Wait.....shit.
  • TheKennedyCurse - April 29, 2011 7:24 p.m.

@BladedFalcon I don't absolutely HATE the Portal series, the first one was fun, and was better as a short experience so it didn't get repetitive. It was also packaged with three other games though, and had little replay value. I'd much rather see something like this on PSN or XBLA like they did with the first game, or even release it at a lower cost, because some people don't find time trials fun, and therefore have no reason to pick it up again once they know how to solve each puzzle. At a lower cost, it'd be a must-have, but at its current price, it's a rental at best, IMO.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - April 29, 2011 7:24 p.m.

I'm enjoying reading these a little more than I should be. Nice job. (btw, Portal 2 is amazing.)
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - April 29, 2011 7:20 p.m.

Also, lol at the press release I got just after publishing this. Now what?! http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/portal-2/news/first-portal-2-dlc-announced-will-be-free/a-201104291249708049/g-20100308124447849051
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - April 29, 2011 7:19 p.m.

@TheKennedyCurse Say what you mean, mean what you say. Also, I found Portal 2 much more valuable than CoD Zombies. And CoD in general.
  • awinnerisjew - April 29, 2011 7:17 p.m.

The biggest thing to hate about Portal and Portal 2 is that nobody has made a "One door's red, and the other's blue" joke about it. Also, it was nice of Henry to pose for that first illustration.
  • Ironarm - April 29, 2011 7:16 p.m.

Waiting for a price drop. I liked Portal, but I wasn't going around the internet praising it like the second coming of Jesus or anything. Plus I'm hesitant to give Valve any money until they at least say SOMETHING about a new Half-Life. In my eyes the Half-Life series is a million times better than Portal.
  • BladedFalcon - April 29, 2011 7:13 p.m.

@TheKennedyCurse Er... Just cause it short, is doesn't make the game "bad". Overpriced? perhaps, but it mainly depends on what you're looking for. I haven't played portal 2 yet, didn't play the first one either, but i do plan to get the game next week, and considering the only main and valid complaint haters have is that it's "Too short" Then i am frankly not deterred at all. For my money, I much prefer short, but sweet and highly polished gaming experiences than stuff with multiplayer or a shitload of grinding. For example? I love Vanquish, Which can arguably be beaten in 5 -6 hours on average as well, and has no online. But it's an extremely polished game, with excellent and pure distilled gameplay. So at best, the only validation your argument has, is that you prefer getting more raw gameplay time from your money's worth. That's fair enough, but you only become a "Fanboy" yourself when you call others that just because they happen to differ from what you prefer.
  • TheKennedyCurse - April 29, 2011 7:10 p.m.

@TylerWilde Uh, I meant Portal 2, as that is the only Portal that was released as a full-priced game. I thought that would be obvious, especially to someone who's supposed to be knowledgeable about games, buddy.
  • veryweirdguy - April 29, 2011 7:04 p.m.

Mac users got Portal for free, man, SO overpriced. (Portal <3)
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - April 29, 2011 7:01 p.m.

@TheKennedyCurse Uh, who bought Portal for $60? The rest of us got Episode Two and Team Fortress 2 with it, buddy.
  • Yingsin - April 29, 2011 7:01 p.m.

fat chance? (finishing the line from the song)
  • MySistersMenstruationTastesFunny - April 29, 2011 7 p.m.

I actually only recently played Portal, and yeah, the cake being a lie is retarded. I don't know why the masses chose that to be the meme.