Topics

Week of Hate

We Recommend

• jackthemenace - April 29, 2011 11:27 a.m.

... Y'know, absolutely none of that ever altered my love of Mass Effect. I quite enjoyed the Mako, and I never bothered mining :P
  • CitizenWolfie - April 29, 2011 11:14 a.m.

This is probably going to get me banned from GR, but am I the only one who doesn't like Mass Effect? I'm not the world's biggest Sci-fi fan but I can tolerate it if the game is good (Dead Space, Portal etc). However playing both Xbox and PS3 versions of ME demos I just found it really uninspiring. It felt like just endless white corridors and generic robot cannon fodder. I know you can't judge an RPG on a short demo but nothing appealed to me to make me give it a chance.
  • MkLangley - April 29, 2011 10:41 a.m.

How about the bland environments?
  • Jenna0782 - April 29, 2011 9:18 a.m.

i agree with Hank34 on that it is a bit gross when you see/hear about two guys doing things like that its fine with you know the ever day hugs and high fives but intimately its just wrong and disturbing. its different from two females like me and my wife going at it we don't get diseases like males would if you did it the other way that two guys do wont say the word but you know what i'm talking about the one thing that i didn't like about ME2 is that their wasn't much for armor aside from DLC i liked the first one a bit better tho only because of the variety of weapons/armor and upgrades you had where as ME2 had Very little if at all any and didn't have the unlimited ammo like the first one where it just overheats As for what you said about the Asari Yes i some what agree but the thing with them they are not human the Meld with your mind and read your thoughts just by using that method no mear human can do that our anatomy isn't able to do that minus the psychics and other people like that but they do some what look like a human but its like the Twi'ileks in star wars whose to say who or what they can you know date or fall in love with? their are some Alien races in that game with other human's some of which in one of the clone war episodes is clones that basically ran from the republic and left to find a better life from war.
  • Guardian88 - April 29, 2011 7:35 a.m.

@Hank34 I gotta agree with you. But also think about this, Dragon Age takes place in a time where male homosexuality was actually way more common than it is today. Mass Effect, on the other hand, takes place in a time where male homosexuality is more private like this day and age. So if you think about it, no guy on guy romance option actually makes sence.
  • SpikroddNG - April 29, 2011 7:23 a.m.

Here's what irks me, and it's an odd one. How does all the alien races know perfect English, use our Lunar calendar and use our measurement system? Random, sure, but it makes little sense to me.
  • HumorTumor - April 29, 2011 3:47 a.m.

I was hoping for a more spiteful article since I really really hate the Mass Effect series. but it was a good article otherwise.
  • Zepaw - April 29, 2011 2:21 a.m.

#5 all over the place. Gimme some male Shepard and Garrus calibrations.
  • NappyAfro - April 29, 2011 2:08 a.m.

The team within Bioware that created Mass Effect is different from the team that worked on Dragon Age. Unless the company heads tell ALL teams to include a homosexual romance options in ALL games that include it, then you can't expect to hold Bioware at fault for the team's decision. At the end of the date, the romance in any game is purely optional and has no lasting effect on the overall story. It's not even needed. I support having the option, but come on... it's not necessary.
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - April 29, 2011 1:56 a.m.

100TH! Also I like mining. And the Mako. So there.
  • Spybreak8 - April 29, 2011 1:37 a.m.

Mining I thought was a necessary evil. It changed the pace of the game, you could relax after a heated battle by mining and exploring galaxies. I think they could make something to take the mining place, just keep the change of pace. That's one reason why the game was so great, you can see this with RE4 as well (good game design/change in pace).
  • bron1417 - April 29, 2011 1:16 a.m.

i agree with all of the points on this list. the mining was really annoying. as much as i love Mass Effect i agree with these as i found all of these myself. this also makes me wanna go break it out again.
  • Sleuth - April 29, 2011 1:01 a.m.

Such blasphemy in this article. And I definitely better not see any male homo shepard nonsense in Mass 3. Bioware, don't falter like those black sheep devs who shat out Dragon Age 2.
  • p0wnd - April 29, 2011 12:55 a.m.

@Serpentine: The characters were card-board cut-outs, the assasian that doesn't want to kill, the volitle inmate, the weird scientist...etc... And Gears 2, blah blah blah, processing, ME2 blah blah blah processing, sure the Gears story isn't great but (well I atleast thought) that ME2 was boring as hell... And why did I get the DLC, got the first one free with the edition or something, when I was excited, the 2nd and 3rd, because I really wanted to like it, and i'm an achivement whore
  • ilikemasseffect - April 29, 2011 12:52 a.m.

@ hellodesdemona THAT'S how you get her to feed them??!!! FUCK! Kelly freaks me out a little. she had an eye-glitch and i've been a little spooked by her ever since.
  • ilikemasseffect - April 28, 2011 11:53 p.m.

Do your research, GR. The tech specialist's survival depends on them being loyal, you clearing all the vents in tiem, AND who you pick to lead the second fireteam. A loyal Garrus, Miranda, or Jacob will do that job.
  • SerpentineZERO - April 28, 2011 11:36 p.m.

@ P0wned Except Gears' doesn't really have a good story or interesting characters like ME does. I like Gears for its shooting, which are better than ME's in that regard. I found the graphics to be fine. Not mindblowing, but good. And if you hate the shooting and story, why'd you play through the DLC?
  • SerpentineZERO - April 28, 2011 11:33 p.m.

@ Grimrepair: Fuck those people, then. It's not like they'd would force you to watch a gay sex scene, it's a decision. If you don't want to watch gay sex, THEN DON'T PURSUE A GAY RELATIONSHIP. But people would probably have trouble getting that through their skull. @jetser: The cool thing is the surprise of what Shephard is going to say. If it told you all of it, it may as well be like DAO's system with no dialogue or hint at what's paragon/renegade. It gives you a general idea, which should be enough.
  • p0wnd - April 28, 2011 11:25 p.m.

You forgot that its shooting sucks, graphics aren't great, story is very (very) simular to the first part of Gears, and the DLCs are terrible
  • Grimrepair666 - April 28, 2011 11:17 p.m.

Im not against gay people.I'm actually indifferent,but I think alot of people in the world are against it and It would probably hurt the sale's of M.E if people knew there was homo stuff in it. It's not a hate thing...just economic