If you're serious about your Gamerscore, then you'll definitely be interested in these 5 priceless Achievement hunting tips direct from Stallion83 (aka Raymond Cox). He's the man with the world's highest Gamerscore. This is his Gamercard:
Pretty impressive/terrifying, huh? He hopes to be the first person to reach a Gamerscore of one million. Follow his expert advice and maybe you can give him a run for his money:
1. Get the ball rolling and play these games: Avatar: The Burning Earth, Backyard Football '10, NBA2k6, NHL2k6, College Hoops 2k6, MLB2k6, Surf's Up, Truth or Lies, and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. That should be 8,000 quick points in a day. Even for the busiest of gamers, a weekend is doable. A great way to get a jump start.
Above: If you're serious about bagging Achievements, get used to playing terrible games. Like the utterly balls Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
2. Search the Bargain Bin: There are hundreds of easy games just waiting to be plucked from the bargain bin vine. You could literally buy stacks of games for $100. Stacks of games equals opportunity to get the points.
3. Mix things up: If you are just going for a huge score in a single day or week, I recommend playing a variety of different games. That should help you from getting fatigued or bored.
4. Buy a Japanese Xbox: It is an investment that you will have to be comfortable with. There are quite a few easy text based Japanese dating sim games to take advantage of. The Memories series, Kiss on My Deity, Clannad, World Love Organization, No Fate!, Time Leap, and Chaos head Chu Chu! are some of those. Most of them can be completed in 3 hours or less. Another really easy Japanese game is Idol Master: Live for you! That one only takes 2 hours to complete.
Above: When you're playing Kiss on My Deity, you know you're only in it for the Achievements
5. Spend those Microsoft points: Do not overlook the importance of Xbox Live Arcade. Sure, the amount of Gamerscore you can get from each title is only 200. But there are tons of games waiting to be downloaded with a press of a button. Not to mention, a lot of those can be completed in under 2 hours. You can also get some good deals. A lot of those quick ones can be purchased for a mere 5 smackaroos.
To keep up with Stallion83's mission to be first to hit a one million Gamerscore, check out www.1milliongamerscore.com
November 25, 2010
8 Achievements only a madman would attempt
Sometimes the Gamerscore just isn't worth it
The easiest Achievements and Trophies of 2009
Fresh cheese for achievement whores