We Recommend

• ChipTheExecutioner - February 17, 2011 1:55 a.m.

where's notch/mojang? with how much minecraft news you guys post I figured they would be up there without a doubt
  • miningguyx360 - February 17, 2011 1:17 a.m.

SuperGiantGames should be on this list....
  • jazxsora - February 17, 2011 12:39 a.m.

Sweet, my uncle (thatgamecompany) made the list. Sucks I can't play his games though, as I don't have a PS3.
  • NotBraze - February 17, 2011 12:28 a.m.

I've played several of these games after hearing good things through word of mouth, but Machinarium was a fantastic game which caught me completely by surprise. I purchased the most recent Humble Indie Bundle primarily for Braid which I had already fallen in love with, and World of Goo, which I had heard great things about, but I had never even heard the name Machinarium before, and when I launched the game it was love at first sight. In terms of story it's not incredibly deep or sophisticated, but the puzzles, the art style, and just the sheer amount of charm makes this hame a must play.
  • JohnnyMaverik - February 17, 2011 12:05 a.m.

Surprised to not see Johnathan Blow's name pop up on here somewhere, not nessesarily all that bothered seeing as there were bound to be people/teams forgotten/left off, and he isn't the only one, but still surprised.
  • crossed23 - February 17, 2011 midnight

Awesome article guys. I love to see the Indy guys get some much deserved love!
  • PimplesInYourAsstista - February 17, 2011 midnight

Wheres Notch?
  • TheFlyingFishey - February 16, 2011 11:51 p.m.

Hmmm...some preatty good choices here, but id really like to see Taleworlds.
  • CH3BURASHKA - February 16, 2011 11:38 p.m.

I've heard of a majority of these developers. I'll most definitely be checking out the ones I haven't (heard of). One indie dev you seem to have missed is Giant Sparrow. However, that's completely understandable: they haven't released their first game, the Unfinished Swan, yet. In fact, they haven't had an update in over 4 months. I can only hope they're still working away at their game, because I'm absolutely stoked for it. For those unaware, check them out: www.giantsparrow.com Also, Eric Ruth has been in the gaming news quite a lot for his numerous demakes of famous games. He's responsible for the 8-bit versions of DJ Hero, Halo, L4D, and others, as well as a few originals. Check him out: http://ericruthgames.weebly.com/ PS Whadda ya know, Giant Sparrow updated just recently.
  • FreedomPhantom - February 16, 2011 11:36 p.m.

I probably spend just as much time with games by these devs as I do with much bigger titles. Excellent choices GR!