• CoppertopJohnson - February 18, 2011 9:49 p.m.

I friggin' lurved Night of the Cephalopods and SMB. Good picks, guys.
  • EzekielRage - February 18, 2011 2:14 p.m.

you missed out on a great game. its a small episodic indie game named G.R.U.N.T.S from iceValk entertainment. you should definately check it out!
  • Rapids16 - February 17, 2011 9:39 p.m.

What happened to mojang and frictional??
  • thejaguar9 - March 11, 2014 10:26 a.m.

i was wondering about mojang too.
  • Sniped50 - February 17, 2011 4:44 p.m.

There's one dev I'd like to point out: Zachtronics Industries. Not only do they have a heck of a name, but they're also awesome if you happen to like engineering/puzzle games. I honestly don't know if anyone here has heard of them, though. Here's their URL: http://www.zachtronicsindustries.com/
  • laxsiber - February 17, 2011 3:40 p.m.

What about Jonathan Blow? He and his team made Braid and they are now working on exploration puzzle, The Witness. http://the-witness.net/news/ 2DArray is flash developer who made Company of Myself which is better rated than Continuity on Kongregate and there is game called “Grief” that's being developed by 2DArray. http://www.2darray.net/
  • philipshaw - February 17, 2011 2:47 p.m.

Great list and I already follow most of the devs on twitter
  • MCN2011 - February 17, 2011 11:38 a.m.

No Mojang?
  • AngryAmoeba - February 17, 2011 8:12 a.m.

Oh, and Wolfire also created the Humble Indie Bundle. (P.S. An edit button would be cool.)
  • AngryAmoeba - February 17, 2011 8:10 a.m.

I'm sad that Wolfire isn't on this list. They haven't really proven themselves with a great finished product, since Lugaru was created by a self-taught high school programmer who was frustrated that the Mac didn't have enough good games. BUT their ongoing progress on the spiritual successor called Overgrowth looks more and more promising. Check them out! www.wolfire.com
  • borutp - February 17, 2011 7:52 a.m.

Check out Haunted Temple Studios' Skulls of the Shogun: http://skullsoftheshogun.com/
  • Shuuvuia - February 17, 2011 5:18 a.m.

I love thatgamecompany. They're definately one of the best indie developers out there. Flower is a masterpiece of modern gaming that just hasn't gotten the attention it deserves. I can't wait to see what the company does with Journey.
  • Crimmy - February 17, 2011 4:21 a.m.

Where's Uber Ent.? I <3 them. Monday Night Combat has devoured a lot of time (seven hours being cloaked as assassin alone is just scary) and that will just continue to grow. Oh wait MvC3 just released. THAT is going to be my new time killer.
  • Montag - February 17, 2011 4:11 a.m.

Amanita Design did a great mini game for the band Polyphonic Spree, very much in the same vein as Samorast... http://www.questfortherest.com/
  • heartskuppy - February 17, 2011 3:53 a.m.

the lack of nifflas on this list makes me sad. :(
  • Rub3z - February 17, 2011 3:25 a.m.

There are some devs of note I'd like to add. You guys have checked out the indie games section on XBLA, and a couple guys from there that I think should havee made the list are Ska Studios (creators of the absolutely fantastic and wonderfully titled I MAED A GAEM WITH ZOMBIES 1NIT!!!111!! and the less known but still pretty cool ZP platforming/twin stick shooter online fragfest titles) and the creator of the radiangames series, whose name escapes me (pretty sure the dev is in fact called radiangames, not sure though), but most all of the radiangames - JoyJoy, Crossfire, fluid, Inferno, and the final one... the mind-bogglingly chaotic and beautiful Ballistic - are works of pure, distilled gameplay awesomeness. You owe it to yourself to try them. I really do hope those devs have more goodness to offer in the future.
  • Mike657 - February 17, 2011 2:46 a.m.

I know this has been said already, but where the HELL are the creators of Minecraft? I can't believe they didn't make this list, did some stupid technicality keep them off?
  • JLThatshilarious - February 17, 2011 2:32 a.m.

Where is Frictional Games? Why hasn't GR done ANY coverage of Amnesia? It comes out on retail the 22nd (feb). I expect there to be a review then Gamesradar, or I will be VERY unhappy.
  • richtaur - February 17, 2011 2:25 a.m.

Don't forget Lost Decade Games … … … anybody? ;)
  • Risonhighmer - February 17, 2011 2:23 a.m.

Shank was a crock of shit. It was a glorified flash game, that played worse than most of them these days. I hated the animation style, the dialogue was downright childish, and the controls were piss. However, all of the other titles and developers on this list are fantastic. Amanita Design's title Machinarium is by far my favourite adventure game of all time. And ThatGameCompany's Flower was absolutely brilliant and I can't wait to try journey. Meat Boy was platforming perfected. Sleep Is Death is hardly a game and is often pretty lame, but when it works, it works astoundingly well. As for AaaaaaAAaaaaAAAaaaAAAAaaAAAAAa! I loved the shit out of the demo, never got around to getting the full game (due to lack of funds) and their new game looks even better!