Topics

Retro

• g1rldraco7 - October 5, 2013 8:17 p.m.

Taylor Swift born when the gameboy happened? When i make a time machine, I'll prevent Taylor Swift from being born and Miley Cyrus to save the world. Maybe prevent Beiber from happening if I have the time. I hate getting older :(
  • larkan - October 6, 2013 9:22 p.m.

While you're there, kill the guy who invented Survivor so we don't have reality TV.
  • amy-l-haney - February 26, 2014 4:40 p.m.

hard to do as reality tv in some form has been around since the dawn of time.
  • amy-l-haney - February 26, 2014 4:39 p.m.

I know how you feel. Also you would be my hero if you stopped the big four in the music industry from being born. Bieber, Perry, Swft AND cyrus.
  • mothbanquet - June 20, 2014 2:23 a.m.

Also, while you're there, warn Metallica not to embark on the fateful bus journey that killed Cliff Burton. They were never the same since.
  • pl4y4h - October 5, 2013 3:36 p.m.

I am Doom years old
  • Aquasol - October 5, 2013 12:37 p.m.

How about: It's entirely feasible that a legal adult today could have regularly gotten or bought major titles every year of their life, without having a single one be sprite-based.
  • brickman409 - October 5, 2013 9:43 p.m.

E3 is the same age as me, that's kind of cool.
  • brickman409 - October 5, 2013 9:45 p.m.

that wasn't supposed to be a reply lol.
  • loomis22 - October 5, 2013 9:26 a.m.

Steam still is a crapshoot...
  • SpadesSlick - October 5, 2013 6:59 a.m.

The Kingdom Hearts one is the one that gets me. I remember that like it was yesterday.
  • Darkhawk - October 6, 2013 4:05 a.m.

Even weirded: It's still on my "To Play" list. "I'll get around to it soon," I told myself..
  • LEGOMatrix - October 5, 2013 5:02 a.m.

Nintendo should have made that GB off the box cover. The black one with the electric blue underlighting. I always wanted that one! And hands like those!
  • BiscuitWheels - October 4, 2013 10:20 p.m.

I remember my parents buying me and my brother an Intellivision. Then returning it for a 2600 cause they knew me and my brother would trash those Intellivision controllers.
  • G0D - October 4, 2013 10:18 p.m.

Superb as always Mr. Gilbert AND I LOVE THE SIMPSONS PICS!
  • Fuzunga - October 4, 2013 8:43 p.m.

It wasn't the gaming stuff so much as the "that same year" stuff that made me say "It was that long ago!?"
  • Shnubby - October 4, 2013 5:31 p.m.

It's strange that DOOM is the same age as me, I'm considered young but DOOM is considered pretty ancient. Game years must be much shorter than human years. Also Dreamcast is still my favourite console of all time! And Sonic the Hedgehog on Mega Drive (Genesis) was my first video game! So many feels. 20 years from now our kids will be reading up about ancient games such as GTA V and Call of Duty Ghosts!
  • garnsr - October 4, 2013 4:50 p.m.

I ordered the original Sonic from a mail-order place in a Gamefan magazine, and had to wait for months for it to release. I was at a birthday party where we rented a Neo Geo. I found out about GamesRadar from PSM. I used GamesRadar to find information about Okami before it came out (and before GamesRadar really developed a personality.) It's hard to imagine being a gamer who never had a time when backgrounds were black.
  • mentalityljs - October 4, 2013 4:43 p.m.

Damn....
  • obviouslyadouche - October 4, 2013 4:37 p.m.

I saw the simpsons picture and knew immediately who wrote the article.