Topics

Week of Hate

• larkan - April 24, 2012 9:29 p.m.

I really didn't have a big problem with DMC3, and I'm surprised that Binding of Isaac didn't make the list, that game was pretty damn tough if you're going for the achievements!
  • Nomado - April 24, 2012 9:16 p.m.

Ah super meat boy. Damn hard game sometimes i would sit untill 4am to beat only one stage trying hundreds of times
  • Senorwaffles - April 29, 2012 6:23 a.m.

Well, if you started a couple of hours earlier, that is OK. If you started at around 7pm, then that would be weird.
  • TheGuy0526 - April 24, 2012 8:20 p.m.

Dark Souls is why my xbox is broken.. But another game that drove me insane was Dawn of War - Dark Crusade/Soulstorm. I still can't figure out how to beat the AI on Insane without dying in the first five minutes.
  • Grif - April 24, 2012 8:07 p.m.

Being the vetrean (see: obsessed) Mirror's Edge player, it's hard to watch other people play. I want them to like the game, but it is just so damn hard! I've spent (see: wasted) so many hours on that I've got each level down. I do hope the next game is easier for people because I want more people to enjoy it, but honestly I wouldn't mind some more levels to run in with a story that isn't absolute crap. Also any racing game that you restart in if you make a single mistake infuriates me (not enough to make me put the game down though).
  • Brutalicus - April 24, 2012 6:55 p.m.

That goddamn Star Destroyer. You know what game I'm talking about, and why I'm raging years later.
  • Person5 - April 24, 2012 10:46 p.m.

Now rip it out of the sky!
  • ludicololvr - April 24, 2012 6:48 p.m.

Super Mario Sunshine- I love the game, but some of those levels fill me woth uber rage *cough* blue coins in noki bay *cough
  • J-Fid - April 24, 2012 6:49 p.m.

I just hate Noki Bay in general.
  • Person5 - April 24, 2012 10:48 p.m.

As far as I'm concerned that game was easy except for that freaking shadow ray at the hotel, I still haven't beaten it to this day, I only know the levels after are easy because I had my brother beat it for me originally
  • Hobogonigal - April 25, 2012 7:13 a.m.

True, I remember that shadow ray level and it took me absolutely ages to complete. The other level I hated was at Pianta Village (the town built on the massive tree) where it was covered in lava and the FLUDD is stolen. I hated it because it took me forever to complete however I kinda liked it because there were so many ways to approach the level.
  • Senorwaffles - April 29, 2012 6:25 a.m.

Oh I hate that god damned shadow ray. I tried and tried, but they just kept appearing at the last minute to kick my ass!!!! Also, the volcano at the end, trying to pilot that boat with FLUDD was so irritating. It ttok me two years to finish it.
  • J-Fid - April 24, 2012 6:30 p.m.

Mario Kart 7 is not that hard, even with the million blue shells. The problem is in Mario Kart Wii, when if you get hit by anything, expect to see 10 racers zoom past you in an instant. Too many times I'm in 1st, and after getting hit, I fall all the way to 11th in one second!
  • mattdark - April 25, 2012 1:01 a.m.

Agreed, while I havent played 7, MK-Wii was just appalling with its rubber-banding. How many times have you been hit by a blue shell, not only to be passed by half the compotition, but get hit by other items such as red shells/lightning just as your about to recover, stalling you for even longer?
  • Hobogonigal - April 25, 2012 7:16 a.m.

Sure, not hard but it definitely was frustrating to be coming first then get hit by a blue shell, then a red shell putting me back to seventh, then after clawing back to first place getting hit by another blue shell metres before the finish line. Apart from that... it's fun game!
  • Fuzunga - April 24, 2012 6:07 p.m.

I never really played the story mode of F-Zero GX because I found it impossible to win that race on the mountainside against Samurai Goroh.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - April 24, 2012 6:42 p.m.

Same here!! Dear god, the pain.
  • Moondoggie1157 - April 24, 2012 6:01 p.m.

Stuntman! That game took up so much of my life when it came out, can happily say I beat it though (100% every movie, just so I could unlock all the stunt arena pieces and cars). Jumping a helicopter in a tuk tuk was friggin sweet. The secret agent movie-level at the end was wicked... jeez, I really miss that game now. Bloodrayne: Betrayal was a game that pissed me off more than most... I still don't see why people bitch about the controls though, the game was just really tough. Wipeout pure is real hard in phantom or rapier class... Still don't do very well in those. Kid Chameleon was a bitch as well, the windy city levels were crazy tough from what I remember. Great list!
  • g4m3rk1dd - April 24, 2012 5:27 p.m.

FF7 American version Emerald Weapon...the one that pats underwater...i am always so afraid to go underwater in the sub because of him...
  • SentientSquidMachine - April 25, 2012 11:23 a.m.

Let me tell you, what it takes to actually win is so not worth the hours of grinding to master the right materia (mimic, final stand(i think its called), phoneix, knights of the round). Nothing else in the game is a fraction as strong and you one attack kill everything else, including the final boss (knights of the round > mimic). But you feel damn good when it turns red and vanishes.