• awesomesauce - September 17, 2013 5:38 p.m.

Freckle Bitches' anyone?
  • awesomesauce - September 17, 2013 5:38 p.m.

Ultor was one i thought was real for a while because THQ featured it as a sponsor in UFC '09
  • Verenitz - September 17, 2013 4:29 p.m.

Reaver is Industry.
  • shawksta - September 17, 2013 2:11 p.m.

Neat list but I find it strange you would choose vladof over say Torgue or Hyperion, considering the company plots in the game/DLC other neat choices are Mann Co. from TF2 and Silph Co from Pokemon
  • alecbeals - April 9, 2014 7:54 p.m.

^ all of this, I think of Hyperion (and Atlas second but thats only because of the cool name) when I think of borderlands. And Silph or ANY pokemon brand should definitely be in there for a game as successful and wildly popular as Pokemon. While also a huge fan of Mann Co I do have to admit its probably unknown to a non TF2 player.
  • ethan-reed - September 17, 2013 11:28 a.m.

In Fallout: New Vegas you collected Sunset Sarsaparilla Blue Star Bottle caps, not Nuka-Cola. Also, Nuka-Cola Quantum is only found in Fallout: 3 unless you have installed the Lonesome Road expansion for New Vegas.
  • BladedFalcon - September 17, 2013 11:07 a.m.

I'm surprised that Sylph Co. Famed company behind the manufacturing of Poke-balls didn't make it into the list. Never mind how integral their brand is in the society of the pokemon world, it was a prominent part of the first game's story as well.
  • Eightboll812 - September 17, 2013 4:20 p.m.

I like Andy and think he does a great job most of the time, but I really got the feeling that this list didn't have a lot of effort put into it. It was more like "Top brands in games I've played recently". Naturally if that's the case, you and I don't have to look hard to find things that should have been in a list of this nature, but weren't included for some reason. The last one was, IMHO, a total "mail it in". If you include every game that has an evil protagonist in the form of a "corporation", you'd have a list that spanned several pages.
  • StrayGator - September 17, 2013 9:55 a.m.

Odd choice from Borderlands, which had Atlas, Hyperion and Torgue featured more prominently in the story. And Scooter's. and on an entirely different note, Liandri.
  • bobob101 - September 17, 2013 9:48 a.m.

For Borderlands, It has to be the Torgue company. Just watch the first intro video to the Campaign of Carnage DLC, and you'll be a Torgue man for life. EXPLOSIONS can just be a question now.
  • JarkayColt - September 17, 2013 9:39 a.m.

I appreciate the inclusion of Feisar on this list. I didn't immediately think of it when I started reading but when I reached that slide I was like, absolutely! Also, how about either Gadgetron and/or GrummelNet from the Ratchet & Clank series? They tend to get referenced a lot throughout that franchise.
  • Frieza - September 17, 2013 9 a.m.

What about Mann Co. From Team Fortress 2?
  • Eightboll812 - September 17, 2013 8:52 a.m.

Should be "Brands ranked by the sales statistics of their respective games", because honestly, if you haven't played a particular game, the "fame" doesn't extend beyond the community that played it. Not to mention, these are all fairly contemporary games and it would have been nice to have a little more depth with older examples. One of the best fake brands IMO was Monolith Burger from the SQ series, where you got to even work at one in one of the games. In fact, Monolith Burger even shows up in other Sierra games like Jones the Fast Lane.
  • olumide-edu - September 17, 2013 11:58 p.m.

True. However something like Umbrella Corp transcends games. I have barely played any Resident Evil and in the little I played I never heard the word Umbrella. I heard the name from the movies and it stuck in my brain like glue.
  • Eightboll812 - September 18, 2013 7:42 a.m.

Ok, but don't you think that is a little cheap by way of example, since you heard it in the movie that was spawned from the game? Should we add Stark Industries since it was both a game and movie and FAR, FAR, FAAAAAR more recognizable due to vastly wider viewership of the Iron Man / Avenger movies and games?