Topics

minigames

• TP_Night - September 21, 2013 12:10 a.m.

The cardgame from Final Fantasy IX could have been released on its own as a spin-off, and / or actual collectible cards and play fields. Would've been awesome :D
  • talleyXIV - September 20, 2013 10:53 p.m.

God I loved raising Chao, adorable little buggers.
  • taokaka - September 20, 2013 6:23 p.m.

Nice list, I loved tin pin slammer so much. I think you're missing an obvious one, call of duty zombies from world at war. Others I can think of include the strategy minigame in soulcalibur 3, after seeing my sister playing it I decided to give it a go and I sunk a few hours into playing it without ever touching the fighting game side of soulcalibur 3. Tekken bowling and the devil within from Tekken tag and 5 respectively. half the minigames in the professor Layton games. Dead ops arcade from black ops. and the digimon card battles in digimon world 2003.
  • robotic-fiend - September 20, 2013 5:26 p.m.

The fact that you say Triple Triad is basic shows you never played much other than with the baby rules, with Same/Plus Wall and Combo rules the game becomes a lot more strategic. And shitting on Blitzball? that's the same as shitting on the Captain Tsubasa game series since Blitzball borrows 95% of it's mechanics from it, which also inspired some aspects of Shaolin Soccer.
  • Sinosaur - September 20, 2013 5:50 p.m.

I had way more fun playing Triple Triad than I did Tetra Master. The best games are ones that are simple with the potential to make those basic rules more complex, which is what the different rules in Triple Triad did.
  • BladedFalcon - September 20, 2013 3:56 p.m.

Glad to see the blitzball in here. I've never really understood the hate for that minigame, honestly. I remember spending a stupid amount of hours in it... and I don't even fucking like sports. It's just fun and well made if you just take a bit of effort actually understand what you're doing.
  • TanookiMan - September 20, 2013 3 p.m.

In Call of Duty MW, I probably spent more time doing speed runs on the Training course than playing the actual game.
  • Shnubby - September 20, 2013 2:52 p.m.

How odd, I literally just did the Tetra Master Tournament part of FF IX last night! It was frustrating, I think I just didn't quite understand it! I finally managed to beat the first 2 opponents and then beat the champion as well, after which I could finally continue the story of the game... but I got lead straight into saving Alexandria without a Moogle to save my game at... I died... and now I have to do the Tetra Master champion again before I can attempt to fight those damn monsters at Alexandria again. So frustrating. Still an awesome game though!
  • JMarsella09 - September 20, 2013 2:39 p.m.

I kind of thought the Gummi ship was the worst part of Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2...
  • Shnubby - September 20, 2013 2:53 p.m.

I agree, Kingdom Hearts II is an awesome experience (I only managed to actually complete it a few weeks ago!) but I constantly dreaded the Gummi Ship levels.
  • Cyberninja - September 21, 2013 9:12 p.m.

I agree I much prefer the dive minigame from 3D
  • Voidwalker227 - July 8, 2014 11:38 a.m.

I got way into the gummi ship missions in KH2. As part of my 100% run in KH2FM I went through and got S class on every mission, including ex-missions, and collected every part/ability/treasure available in the gummi missions. It took a lot of time, but I loved it.
  • n00b - September 20, 2013 2:14 p.m.

what is wrong with you? were you kidnapped and forced to play blitzball?
  • FunkyPickle - September 20, 2013 3:07 p.m.

Nah, it's just that terrible.
  • kchameo - May 28, 2014 11:09 a.m.

ROFL....
  • Talvari - September 20, 2013 2:14 p.m.

Ryans twitter confirmed for early access to article ideas. ;P Great article though!