Topics

rpg

• jason-cotter - July 1, 2014 7:34 a.m.

PLEASE HELP! I've been reading and learning about free mmorpg, and the more I read, the more worried I'm becoming that I'll become a "victim" of getting metaphorically raped by the game trying to make money off me, and physically raped by the other players who have paid for advantages. I'm struggling to find a good new free game to play that's literally free…..and I'd rather not start playing a game that came out years ago, so it'd be nice to find a new one. After 3 hours of reading reviews, lists, etc. I finally broke down to ask for help. Any recommendations?
  • DivineGates - May 31, 2014 11:50 p.m.

If you guys are in to Anime style fast paced games this is definitely recommended. Its a skill based game based on glitches and key combination Korean game called GunZ Duel, Where you can walk on walls, Dash shoot use sword clan war create guilds quest much more one of most amazing game i've played and still play it and it deserves many credit very addicting www.Gunzduels.com and check the fanpage at www.facebook.com/Gunzduels This is a trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpwvuZcVDU0
  • mimi-simon - April 16, 2014 8:59 a.m.

there are some more to add so don't despair: atelier eshca and logy (out now) Atelier shallie out next march probably, tales of zestaria out sometime next year probably, bravely second will come at somepoint plus theres a ton of stuff for the vita that i dont follow since i dont have one.
  • jedisamurai - March 28, 2014 5:44 p.m.

I'm not very excited about the new high budget titles because I don't own and don't plan to own a PS4 or Xbox One any time soon, but the Indie games look fantastic. Between that and the ridiculous backlog of PS2, PS3, and psx RPGs I own and need to play (and my endless addiction to the mass effect series) I think I'm still going to be busy for a very long period of time. Not to mention those super-expensive Wii RPGs I bought and haven't started yet (Xenoblade, Last Story) and portal tactical rpgs (Tactics Orgre, Valkyria Chronicles)..
  • Tidus0203 - March 28, 2014 1:52 p.m.

Alot of great games, cant wait for Witcher 3, dragon age 3, KH3 and FFXV all for xbox one! i sorta wished square would release the other KH remixes on 360 since they are releasing 3 on the one so they can get a higher base for the next game.
  • Darkpeing - March 28, 2014 11:46 a.m.

"The Witcher 3 might be worth checking out." - I feel like this is an understatement. If you don't get the Witcher 3, you don't know anything about RPG's.
  • Trollkitten - March 28, 2014 9:52 a.m.

"After running into an opponent on the main screen, opponents are transported to a grid battlefield where each character takes a turn running around the map; using arts, crafts, items, and attacks to secure victory." You had me at using arts and crafts to secure victory!
  • Demonik76 - March 28, 2014 9:14 a.m.

What about Bound By Flame?
  • winner2 - March 27, 2014 5:55 p.m.

Speaking of rpgs, I have a heart wrenching story. I was playing fire emblem, 29 hours in, and decided I wanted to make different relationships and get more of the children (that part of the game hooked me real damn hard). As I was making the new file to play simultaneously, I accidentally saved it over my 29 hour save, and erased all that progress in the blink of an eye. It's weird because I know that I love FEA and it's an awesome game, but now I think I'll have to wait till the summer for the time to indulge my currently no-longer-ravenous hunger to play it every chance I get. So sad. This always happens with games when I take too long a break from them or something similar. Never beat thief or arkham city either. Just lost interest. I think i'll hold off on starting any new games till summer.
  • The_Tingler - September 25, 2013 2:20 p.m.

Okay Zach, please drop the console bias. Project Eternity, Wasteland 2, Torment Tides of Numenera and Cyberpunk are arguably the four most exciting RPGs in development right now, with Wasteland 2 out in the next few months, and you snubbed them. Then again, console bias doesn't explain the baffling non-inclusion of Dark Souls 2...
  • Trollkitten - March 28, 2014 10:01 a.m.

Different people get excited about different RPGs. It's just that not all of them happen to write for video game websites.
  • Trollkitten - March 28, 2014 10:07 a.m.

Okay, considering that this is supposed to be ALL RPGs upcoming, I see your point.
  • PatHan-bHai - September 25, 2013 11:43 a.m.

Is that Ezio on the first slide?
  • BladedFalcon - September 25, 2013 11:06 a.m.

Deep down lost my entire interest the second they announced it would go Free to Play. Shame, because it does look pretty good, but it's as if Capcom decided to go with all the shit I hate the most. First multiplayer, then randomly generated dungeons, and now F2P is the nail in the coffin.
  • feridiansyah - September 21, 2013 7:19 a.m.

ada games baru apa aja nih gan
  • Markeda1one - September 20, 2013 4:41 a.m.

Bad list...
  • Fuzunga - September 19, 2013 8:24 p.m.

You've got a loose definition of RPG.
  • nick-stancato - September 19, 2013 9 a.m.

The Wolf Among Us looks a lot like Once Upon a Time, and I love that show so I'll definitely pick it up. BUT in what way is it an RPG?
  • saltorio - September 19, 2013 6:09 a.m.

What about: - Cyberpunk 2077 - Project Eternity - Torment: Tides of Numenera - Wasteland 2 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Craza - September 21, 2013 12:44 a.m.

THANK YOU. They missed the two biggest ones I'm looking forward to--Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077!