• lymanzaar - June 7, 2010 8:30 p.m.

thanks for introducing us to some awesome game composers. It's nice when you know only a couple and you get to hear all this new music.
  • TURbo - June 7, 2010 7:01 p.m.

Awesome that you included Jesper Kyd. For the MW2 scoring, Thomas Bergersen and Nick Phoenix the sub composers probably did a good amount of the gruntwork. Marty O Donnell has made great Halo scoring music, and all his music since 2001 has been a good variant of the key of E for Halo music.
  • Sandman89 - June 7, 2010 6:59 p.m.

Vigil is the best menu music EVER!!! Pity it wasnt in mass effect 2 Oh, and martin o'donnel should definitely be on here
  • jakab11 - June 7, 2010 6:58 p.m.

while these are all great composers, I'm sure i wont be the first or the last to lament the absent Nobuo Uematsu
  • HunterX - June 7, 2010 6:53 p.m.

What about the composer for all of the Final Fantasy games? Noburo what ever his first name is
  • spencerisgod1990 - June 7, 2010 6:10 p.m.

all the earlier stuff from Akira Yamaoka was just brilliant. not a big fan of the music on homecoming tho
  • DKmanden999 - June 7, 2010 6:03 p.m.

You need Jeff van Dyck on the list. his music is argueably some of the most soul touching game music. Every game that has his music gets an additional layer from it. http://www.jeffvandyck.com/site/Games/Games.html
  • Pytor - June 7, 2010 4:46 p.m.

All great choices. I think Marty O'Donnell, Graeme Norgate, Tim Follin and Jeremy Soule should get a some love too!
  • TyeTheCzar - June 7, 2010 4:46 p.m.

Where's ZUN? The music that me makes for his games rival all the big boys. Maybe he's not here because his Touhou games are import-only. And seriously... no Yuzo Koshiro either!?
  • dirtyolddingus - June 7, 2010 4:34 p.m.

Wot no Rob Hubbard??????????
  • lolwizards - June 7, 2010 4:32 p.m.

Needs more Nobuo Uematsu.
  • wiljohannes - June 7, 2010 4:13 p.m.

you need some bravery to put "mass effect" elevator music and leave masterfull nobou uematsu out. bravery or stupidity.
  • GodofPS314 - June 7, 2010 3:59 p.m.

@Azzam Really MW2's score blew, anyone who has worked on Zelda is a legend.
  • vincentdarkwood - June 7, 2010 3:49 p.m.

you're missing great guys such as David Wise, Akira Yamaoka and Yasunori Mitsuda
  • Xplosive59 - June 7, 2010 3:47 p.m.

NOBUO UEMATSU!!! i know it has already been said but he is easily the greatest videogame composer of all time
  • MetalGearFlaccid - June 7, 2010 3:44 p.m.

One of my favorite composers of late, and one I don't see much praise for, is Mashashi Hamazu. I love his almost baroque style of layering one repeating line after the next on top of each other until you get s beautiful melody.
  • NotBraze - June 7, 2010 3:12 p.m.

Interesting list, I've always loved Jack Wall, and I never realized that Mr. Giacchino did some video game work. I'd have to say that one of my favorites is Gary Schyman. He's done Dante's Inferno and a few other games, but the most notable is his work on the BioShock series. Brilliant stuff right there.
  • Imgema - June 7, 2010 3:12 p.m.

David Wise? Grand Kirkhope? And more importantly - Michiru Yamane?? Come on have you ever heard about Castlevania?
  • maggieron36 - June 7, 2010 2:57 p.m.

Who cares!!! My boyfriend thinks the same with me. He- is eight years older than me, lol. We met online at an age gap dating site[_www. SEEKCOUGAR com_]---a nice and free place for Younger- Women and Older Men, or Older Women and Younger Men, to interact with each other. Maybe you wanna check out or- tell your friends