• CoktorBloktopus - January 21, 2011 3:23 a.m.

NO!!!!! Mass Effect I need to play it this year but I can understand that it might be released next year. But it will be great whenever it comes out. Please God let Duke Nukem release this year and not disappear into oblivion.
  • lovinmyps3 - January 21, 2011 3:16 a.m.

Mass Effect 3 2012. *sadface*
  • indianair5 - January 21, 2011 3:09 a.m.

Nice list fellas. Ever since they rolled that trailer at the VMAs, I've been thinking "how in the hell are they going to get ME3 out by then?" The game's surely going to be epic, and with such a small gap in time between the sequels plus a lot else going on around Bioware I just don't see it happening. I will be crushed, however, if Skyrim doesn't make it by November. I am a bit discouraged for two primary reasons...: Bethsoft has never really waited this long to reveal a game (I was reading about Oblivion in PC Gamer back in like 2004!), and with the sorta stigma lingering over Bethsoft regarding buggy games along with their comments on the new engine you'd think Todd Howard is probably going to take the time to make sure it runs nice and good-like. Oh, and since some TBA games made the list there's a big gaping hole missing from your article: the rest of the "Crystal Trilogy" or whatever Square calls it with Final Fantasy Agito and Versus plus this new contender XIII-2 which supposedly comes out this friggin year (in Japan at least)
  • Randomwordcombination - January 21, 2011 2:53 a.m.

As excited as I am for them, I'd almost be relieved if Skyrim OR Mass Effect 3 were delayed... I can't imagine having both of those games come out in such close proximity to each other!! Also, good call on Episode 3. What a failure episodic gaming was.
  • FloppyDog - January 21, 2011 2:48 a.m.

Did anybody else notice about half this list appears on the 'not coming out in 2009' list? we are building quite the library of games following the same path as duke nukem forever....and i am becoming convinced that hl: ep3 will never release
  • P0LARCLAW - January 21, 2011 2:39 a.m.

Skyrim better not be delayed *shakes fist*
  • NightCrawler_358 - January 21, 2011 2:33 a.m.

So basically... all the good ones. Its sad but true, these will all be delayed for sure. I wonder if Diablo III will even come out in 2012! I guess Blizzard likes to call snow days on their release dates. hurr hurr
  • batmanboy11 - January 21, 2011 2:28 a.m.

I have had a doubt in the back of my mind that ME3 won't come out this holiday...
  • alphaman - January 21, 2011 2:22 a.m.

Has GR not seen anything on Bethblog or GameInformer? Ever since the trailer there has been almost daily coverage of the game, from videos on the sounds (down to the making of a single spell/monster sound) to the world map to the new Creation kit (Essentialy the new ES mod kit/Geck based on their new engine) to screenshots and random concept art. LOADS of info- I strongly doubt they're delaying this one.
  • Dualcarrot1 - January 21, 2011 2:15 a.m.

I NEED HL2E3!!!!! That "I am alive" game looks extremely cheesy from that trailer
  • gopikmin - January 21, 2011 1:56 a.m.

I remember hearing last year or the year before about HL2: episode 3 being planned for 2011. it is more than probably.
  • JohnnyMaverik - January 21, 2011 1:54 a.m.

"effectively handing total dominance of the PC gaming market to Blizzard." ...uh, no. Also I seem to remember Gabe Newell also saying that the first surprise was that Portal 2 was coming to PS3, so we've already had Valve's big three (which he said would be suprising and potentially controversial, I fail to see how episode 3 being announced could stir up controversy). Oh btw, what with Portal 2 coming out and Steam growing ever stronger, Blizzard don't have a chance of PC domination... I mean Valve stole DOTA from right under their noses, to which I could only muster up a shocked and gleeful lol at the time, and can still manage little else.
  • iKOemos - January 21, 2011 1:53 a.m.

Even the very suggestion of TES:V and ME3 being pushed back makes my heart sink with dread.
  • Stabby_Joe - January 21, 2011 1:51 a.m.

Episode 3 by this point might as well become just plain Half Life 3.
  • hybr1dgamerx - January 21, 2011 1:44 a.m.

i pray the your wrong about TES:V i honestly couldn't care less if the other games were delayed but dammit i want my TES:V this year bug free or not
  • NotBraze - January 21, 2011 1:43 a.m.

Mass Effect 3 is almost guaranteed to be delayed, but from what I've heard I think Skyrim is pretty well on track for a Holiday release this year. From their podcast they've said that they've been working on it forever and just didn't want to show anything until they could show a lot, and on that subject there have been a few screenshots released already via GameInformer's extensive coverage.
  • rocketfuel - January 21, 2011 1:39 a.m.

Well, even though Gamesradar remains my favourite site for everything gaming, I have been checking Gameinformer's site here and there and well.... There seems to be a lot more than just a trailer and a coded poem. As a big Elder Scrolls fan I just couldn't help it, and I have faith in Todd.
  • Ampatent - January 21, 2011 1:38 a.m.

I would be surprised if both ME3 and TES:V were pushed back, given they are slated to release on the same day. I wouldn't be surprised if just one of them was pushed back to try and avoid having two of the biggest releases of the year right on top of each other.
  • n00b - January 21, 2011 1:28 a.m.

adding to the list i highly doubt zelda skyward sword will ship this year. and i refuse to believe halflife 2 episode 3 exists until i have it playing in my computer
  • Clovin64 - January 21, 2011 1:27 a.m.

The very thought of Skyrim and The Last Guardian being pushed back to 2012 fills me with bitter sorrow. After all, 2011 can't possibly be as good as it looks, can it?