Topics

Week of Hate

• antiAntag0nist - May 11, 2013 7:32 p.m.

Fans being pissed about Bayonetta 2 being a Wii U exclusive is pretty silly. I was a little disappointed upon first learning about it, but that changed almost immediately. It's a shame the first game wasn't the success it should have been. Nintendo saw some potential in a sequel ( and also a chance to bring over some potential customers) so I applaud them for giving Platinum a shot with Bayonetta 2. After all, I would much rather have a sequel to one of my favorite games than nothing at all.
  • godisanarc - May 11, 2013 7:39 p.m.

Why did your disappointment change almost immediately? I enjoyed the first game, but I would never buy a WiiU just based on this game.
  • antiAntag0nist - May 11, 2013 7:51 p.m.

I say that it changed because I was happy to see that a sequel was going to happen, even though it was going to a console I had no immediate plans to purchase. I would much rather Bayonetta 2 be a multiplatform title, but Sega didn't have faith it would sell well. Another reason why my disappointment changed is that I feel it would be pointless to be too upset about the game being a Wii U exclusive; I got over it pretty quickly.
  • BladedFalcon - May 11, 2013 9:19 p.m.

Me neither, but I'd rather see Bayonetta 2 being made than not at all, even if I may not be able to play it any time soon. Had Nintendo not picked up the title, it may not have ever been made, which is why getting angry about it is silly.
  • Xtapolapopotamus - May 11, 2013 6:13 p.m.

The final slide is the best. We love you, Henry.
  • shawksta - May 11, 2013 4:59 p.m.

Great list. Some were justified while others made no sense, especially Megaman and that people dont realize Bayonetta 2 wouldnt exist otherwise. Seriously though, in my opinion, the fanboyism hate after Final Fantasy 13 was announced as Multiplat was hilarious, kinda ironic reverse after the fanboyism when Final Fantasy 7 went to Playstation.
  • Cyberninja - May 11, 2013 4:55 p.m.

To be Fair FF14 was a sequel to FF11 which has made the most money out of all the numbered FF games.
  • WaInut - May 11, 2013 4:23 p.m.

I love Megaman and Bad Box Art Megaman in Street Fighter X Tekken is amazing. So yeah.
  • The_Tingler - May 11, 2013 4:16 p.m.

The L4D2 one gets a lot claims of fans being stupid, and that history somehow proved them wrong. I don't think they were. L4D1 is completely dead, L4D2 is barely supported barring a few short DLC packs, and I don't know about anyone else but compared to the first game I've barely played the sequel. Me and my friends played L4D1 almost every night for nearly the whole year, trying out all sorts of user content too, but L4D2? We played them through and just stopped, venturing back in about once every six months now. We just got burnt out, and Valve's shoddy DLC releases just meant that we stopped caring. - As for nominations, how about XCOM? Wait years for the franchise to be resurrected, then comes back as an FPS and the fans complain (rightly).
  • BladedFalcon - May 11, 2013 3:49 p.m.

I think the hate on most of these are justified (Specially FFXIV, what a croc of shit that game was.) except on the case of the megaman ones and somewhat on the case of Left 4 Dead 2 and Bayonetta 2 coming to the Wii U. Even though my dislike for the Wii U is very public and outspoken, it's unreasonable to get mad at either Platinum or Nintendo for this, if nothing else, people should have attacked SEGA, who was the company that originally owned the first title and refused to publish the second one. And yes, even though I'm sad that I'm probably never gonna get to play Bayonetta 2, I'd rather have it exist than not. As for the Megaman ones... Seriously fanboys, get the fuck over it. As butthurt as you act and insult capcom for "disrespecting" megaman. The fact of the matter is that the franchise simply wasn't selling that well in recent years, and when the whole MML3 scandal occured, Capcom DID reach out to the community by all the media outlets possible to promote the game and get people involved. (I can speak about this with certainty, because I remember this being announced even in high profile sites like IGN at the time.) If not enough people responded, it really wasn't that unreasonable for Capcom to kill the project if it was never gonna sell that well. And the Bad Box Art megaman in SFxT? that was actually a pretty hilarious, fun joke. And I say this as someone who loves Megaman and has played every single 2D entry to date. I love the franchise, and i love the blue bomber, but I also have a sense of humor and know how to take a joke. And I also understand that when a project is canceled because it won't sell... well, more than the publisher's fault, it falls more on the public's general lack of interest. The most hilariously stupid thing MM fanboys have done thought? rage and bitch about Street Fighter X MegaMan being released FOR FREE to everyone. Yes, it's a fan made project and not a true Megaman game, but it was better than nothing, and it's still a fun game, and it cost you absolutely zero. Getting angry about that was just mind-bogingly ungrateful, and shows why we as a community often can't have nice things.
  • BladedFalcon - May 11, 2013 3:53 p.m.

Oh FFS... The spacing issue again? I thought you GR techies had fixed this? I had written all this in paragraphs, and now it's all bundled together, making my already long wall of text even more daunting to read >_>; Is there any way to fix or edit it? or am I just screwed? >>;
  • slimjim441 - May 11, 2013 4:38 p.m.

Lengthy paragraph I mostly skimmed the whole thing Spacing would have helped
  • KA87 - May 11, 2013 4:44 p.m.

I vote for screwed. While the paragraph bug does suck, at least we don't have to put in those jumbled mashes of letters and numbers to post a comment anymore. Oh and BTW, you made some very nice points above. Keep up the good work.
  • KA87 - May 11, 2013 4:50 p.m.

Dam you lazy Techies and your inabilty to solve problems. LOL. But you guys should really fix this problem. You might try consulting the great and powerful Google. I am sure they will have some great advice for you and maybe even a youtube video that will demonstrate how to fix this issue.
  • freezestar - May 11, 2013 8:58 p.m.

@BladedFalcon You should do a summary of your comment.
  • GR HollanderCooper - May 11, 2013 9:10 p.m.

Being fixed soon.
  • BladedFalcon - May 11, 2013 9:20 p.m.

Thanks Coop!
  • shawksta - May 11, 2013 5 p.m.

My only real issue with Megaman Legends 3 being cancelled was what Capcom was really expecting. Do they actually think the fans will see the entire game through? They expect the players to create the game and every single idea for them? It IS justified over why its cancelled but its weird how Capcom would even start the damn thing in such a way to begin with.
  • BladedFalcon - May 11, 2013 5:05 p.m.

They weren't asking the fans to do their work for them, just asking them a few choice questions regarding names and appearance design, such as what kind of suit should megaman have had. It's the kind of thing every single kickstarter does on a daily basis, and was a nice way to try and get people to participate. That they didn't wasn't Capcom's fault. Might have been if they hadn't made any buzz about it, but as i said, they did, they really did.
  • LBD_Nytetrayn - May 12, 2013 5:40 p.m.

Capcom Europe disagrees. ;P