• SuperSubGaz - June 1, 2011 6:36 p.m.

Ohh you game playing minors... Head Over Heals you underage numpties! Learn your history and you will understand the now!
  • jayrockslife - June 1, 2011 9:25 p.m.

i agree with most of these (can't agree with ones i haven't played lol) One game that I used to LOVE playing co-op with my dad was The Lost Vikings on Genesis. I loved playing as those silly vikings trying to solve the puzzles and find their way home.. I still have the original game manual with all the level passcodes written down in it.
  • philipshaw - June 1, 2011 10:23 p.m.

Great list, Portal 2 is the best example of this headline. I would like to add Timespliters 2 and in particular the neo-toyko level because if you don't work together there is no chance of passing that level
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - June 1, 2011 10:35 p.m.

I agree with Gears, L4D, Portal, and Bubble Bobble. I would argue that Halo ODST requires co-op, but then again, firefight was the only good thing ABOUT that game.
  • ripperroo123 - June 1, 2011 10:49 p.m.

Disappointed Lode Runner isn't on here. The Legend Returns had several co-op-requiring-co-op levels, but the 360 version seems to be made of these.
  • revrock - June 2, 2011 2:28 a.m.

Monster Hunter Tri, Kirby's Epic Yarn- and Superstar.
  • jmcgrotty - June 2, 2011 7:35 a.m.

Co-op needs to be removed from any and all games. Anyone who supports it needs to have their ass taken outside and beat senselessly for destroying the industry. Quit supporting this crap, guys!
  • SphincterSquirrel - June 2, 2011 3:41 p.m.

I couldn't wait until Rescue Rangers came out when I was a kid. After Contra this was my next Co-op dream of torturing my brothers with aggravating gameplay.
  • Limbo - June 2, 2011 6:12 p.m.

I like me some CoD Zombies. 2 player split screen and 4 player system link. Everything's funner when the people you're playing with are right next to you.
  • Kipper - June 2, 2011 6:56 p.m.

Gears 1 is a great co-op campaign , except when the 2 players are forced to split up - doubling the chance of failure. those parts are actually easier to play solo.
  • lovinmyps3 - June 2, 2011 8:08 p.m.

Portal 2 is THE best co-op I've ever played. It was soooo good!
  • ChocoMongoose - June 2, 2011 10:14 p.m.

Oh Four Player Podcast, taking the co-op out of cooperation
  • Japanaman - June 2, 2011 11:12 p.m.

Eh, I beat Chip N Dale by myself just fine. A partner always seemed to hinder me. One game I cannot beat by myself is Four Swords. That DEFINITELY should have been on the list. That, FF Crystal Chronicles, and Phantasy Star Online.
  • Shepard212 - August 11, 2011 7:45 p.m.

My favorite team-driven game is Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Whenever I play a 2-on-2 team-game, each character cannot defeat the opposing team without a partner. In a stock-game, any time one teammate loses all his lives, the other surviving teammate is outnumbered and helpless against the other team of two, provided that one of the two opponents isn't knocked out either. Meanwhile, in a time/coin-game, both members of the same team have to combine their point/coin amounts in order to gain more than the other, otherwise they'll still lose. This is why in a 2-on-2 Smash Bros. game, having a partner is vital. You HAVE to protect and depend on your partner to defeat the other team, or else one of you will be a complete liability to the other.