• D0CCON - June 1, 2011 2:03 a.m.

Didn't you guys mention in your podcasts that there was a sort of Gears of War syndrome with many coop games, where the only coop is two guys saying "let's stay close to each other and not shoot each other and that's it." It isn't really cooperative, you just mow through enemies faster. It's fun, but it doesn't require cooperation. Other than that it's a good list (which instantly made me think Portal 2).
  • Ensoul - June 1, 2011 1:41 a.m.

I had a lot of fun playing Halo and Halo 2 with my brother, Ghost Recon too had moments. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light really is a fantastic game though. My girlfriend and I went through the whole thing together; she rarely plays games and when she does it's the Bejeweled or CSI style ones. LCatGoL she liked though, maybe it was the lack of split screen and/or First person view; most likely though it was just fun. Earth Defense Force 2017 is another one we liked the co-op in. Currently I'm trying to get her back playing GoW and Army of 2: TFD
  • GhostLightning - June 1, 2011 1:24 a.m.

Okay, in all honesty. I found that in L4D I could just run away from my teammates and hide in the unopenable safe house.
  • NightCrawler_358 - June 1, 2011 1:17 a.m.

Maybe its not the greatest game in the world, but why wasn't Army of Two included on this list!? SMG2 has interesting co-op, but its not like I need to have a partner to have fun. Anyway, great list.
  • JoeMulvihill1 - June 1, 2011 1:16 a.m.

what? no lost planet 2?
  • KnightDehumidifier - June 1, 2011 1:05 a.m.

What about every arcade beat-em-up between 1987-1994?
  • Ironarm - June 1, 2011 1:04 a.m.

If you count multiplayer then Bad Company 2 for sure. If you go lone wolf on that you're toast. Forget winning.
  • Baron164 - June 1, 2011 1:02 a.m.

Another set of great coop games would have to be Saints Row 2. That game was a blast with a friend. And it finally added the one thing GTA has needed for awhile, campaign coop. I can't wait to play SR3 coop, after playing through SR2 with a friend there is no way I could play SR3 solo.
  • ibeberger - June 1, 2011 12:59 a.m.

While it certainly doesn't seem to be everyone's favorite, I just picked up Brink today and I'm already learning that even playing only with/against bots you definitely work together or you're bound to lose.
  • Baron164 - June 1, 2011 12:58 a.m.

I love the Gears coop, its made that series among the best of this generation for me because of the coop. Loved Portal 2's coop but the problem with that is as soon as someone finishes the puzzles on one play-through the second play-through is a lot less intriguing.
  • FlikNightshade - June 1, 2011 12:58 a.m.

Haha. Someone already beat me to it. The moment I saw Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers as the thumbnail on facebook, I knew Chris had a hand in this.
  • dontshootthereviewer - June 1, 2011 12:52 a.m.

You knew if Chris Antista was part of this Chip and Dale or some other Disney game would be on here. Also I totally agree of Gears and Portal.
  • Killshot - June 1, 2011 12:48 a.m.

Loved chip in dale back when i had my nes
  • Dabenguin - June 1, 2011 12:46 a.m.

There goes Valve conquerin' the lists again