Waaaay back when all this was 5.25-inch diskettes there was a game called Carmageddon that made a lot of people collectively lose their shit because you could run pedestrians over. In 1997 this was seen as the worst thing a game had ever done. Bless. This year sees a return for the series with Carmageddon: Max Damage.
First announced in 2011 this apparently has the original developer, Stainless Games, back in the driving seat for a PS4/Xbox One version. I'll be honest, it's not exactly looking like a high value proposition:
So I'm just going to leave you with a bulletpoint list of features and a picture with a cow in it. It's out this year, apparently.
• Over 30 cool custom killing machines, each with their own highly distinctive character
• 10 large open environments to explore
• A host of moving targets to hunt down for points, including pedestrians in wheelchairs & mobility scooters, cyclists, bears and aliens
• Career mode with 6 different event types
• Multiplayer with 4 online event types
• Fully featured action replay mode; to relive all the action again from any perspective.
• Over 90 crazy PowerUps, complex car damage and repair system, blood, laughs and
Seen something newsworthy? Tell us!