Win two nights in an Edinburgh hotel, free tickets for the city Ghost Walk and a copy of the creepy new novel by Brian Ruckley
Now that the Edinburgh Festival has finished for another year, Orbit has an alternate, far darker story to tell of the history of the vibrant city. The Edinburgh Dead by Brian Ruckley is set in nineteenth century Edinburgh, where the newly-formed police force investigate sinister scientific experiments and the criminal underclass. The book uses still existing tunnels and gaols in Edinburgh as inspiration, and deals with real-life figures such as Burke and Hare. You’re left with the feeling that there really could have been supernatural goings on in historical Edinburgh’s underbelly.
Please read the following competition terms and conditions carefully:
1. This competition is for two nights’ accommodation for two people in a double or twin room at the Salisbury Green Hotel, Edinburgh, and a Historic Vaults tour for two people with Mercat Tours.
2. The winner will be selected at random from the correct entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions by a team member of Orbit UK, whose decision will be final.
3. The winner may see their name or entry posted on the Orbit website and possibly other websites and Twitter accounts.
4. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
5. The competition opens on 1 September 2011 and closes at 11:59pm BST on 15 September 2011. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
6. The competition is open to anyone aged 16 or over except employees of Little, Brown Book Group, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families.
7. Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
8. Little, Brown Book Group is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
9. Little, Brown Book Group reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the competition without notice. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided.
10. The winner will be notified by email.
11. The email addresses of entrants may be shared with companies within the Hachette group of companies but will not be shared with other companies outside the group. It will be used by the Hachette companies to send you news about our books, products and promotions. You will be given the option of opting out in those emails if you don’t want to receive any further news from us.
12. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
13. This competition is being organised by Little, Brown Book Group, 100 Victoria Embankment London EC4Y 0DY
14. Travel expenses and other expenses, with the exception of two nights’ accommodationand a city tour for two people, are not included.
15. Travel insurance is the responsibility of the entrant and is not included in this prize.
Sign up to the GamesRadar+ Newsletter
Weekly digests, tales from the communities you love, and more
Dave is a TV and film journalist who specializes in the science fiction and fantasy genres. He's written books about film posters and post-apocalypses, alongside writing for SFX Magazine for many years.