Fallout 4's first patch is here, at least in beta form, and with it comes the details of what's being fixed. This is currently only live for PC players who like taking risks, with the advice being to back up your saves before trying it out, but we know the PS4/Xbox One versions aren't too far away - this is basically some public testing ahead of that.
• Number pad keys can now be used for remapping
• Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container
• General memory and stability improvements
• Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
• Fixed issue with When Freedom Calls where the quest would not complete
• During Confidence Man, fixed issue where player's health would continuously regenerate
• Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
• Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly
If that looks like not much is going on, it might be because Bethesda seem to have been sneaking out a few soft patches on the sly. Things like Dogmeat's ability to steal the Cryolater, for example, doesn't work anymore, suggesting less critical issues are being quietly fixed in the background. Those 'general memory and stability improvements' will probably also make it safer to start messing about with more optimisation and bigger issues later on.
Seen something newsworthy? Tell us!