Just in time for the launch of Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars, Nintendo has released a shiny new list of upcoming eShop games, all wound up and nearly ready to go. While the list includes several Wii U and 3DS ports of established titles, it also showcases a set of brand new games, each cute and quirky enough to feel at home in the house Mario built.
The full canvas of titles is as follows:
- Affordable Space Adventures (April 9, 2015 - Wii U) Utilizing both the Wii U gamepad and the Wii Remote, this puzzle-focused exploration game gives each player control over part of a spaceship's functions, so you'll have to work together to make it run.
- Box Boy! (Spring 2015 - 3DS) Created by HAL Laboratory of Kirby fame, Box Boy! focuses on the puzzle-solving adventures of a tiny cube-person, and very much feels like a love note to the Game Boy of yesteryear.
- Don't Starve Giant Edition (Spring 2015 - Wii U) Find food, build a camp, and whatever you do, don't go out at night in Klei Entertainment's harrowing yet charming survival adventure.
- Swords and Soldiers 2 (May 2015 - Wii U) A follow-up to the addictive and hilarious Swords and Soldiers, you're tasked with leading a band of vikings against demon hordes in this strategic side-scroller.
- Never Alone (June 2015 - Wii U) Join Nuna and her fox friend on platforming adventures inspired by native Alaskan folklore.
- Runbow (Summer 2015 - Wii U) A title that feels like the lovechild of TowerFall and Runner2, this fast-paced platformer allows up to nine players to go head-to-head in gloriously colorful battle.
Nintendo also announced eight more eShop titles slated for release at some yet-to-be-determined point in the future: Nova-111, Badland Game of the Year Edition, Ninja Pizza Girl, Wind-Up Knight 2, Race the Sun, Adventures of Pip, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, and Mutant Mudds Super Challenge.