Rockstarannouncedtoday that we'll be seeing the next DLC pack for Max Payne 3 very soon, and it will again be focused on the multiplayer portion of the popular noir action shooter.
The new "Local Justice" DLC will be arriving on July 3rd featuring new maps and weapons for the game's extensive (and continually more extensiver) online mutliplayer component. As the pack was originally announced for release in June, Rockstar has opted to offer it at an introductory discount, bringing the price down to 480 MSP down from 640 MSP. The PS3 and PC versions will cost $5.99 when they release on July 17.
According to Rockstar the pack will include:
• 55th Battalion HQ map for all game modes
• The Imperial Palace and Departure Lounge maps for Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Payne Killer
• Light Fingers Item for faster looting
• M4 Assault Rifle with attachments
• São Paulo Police Faction with related avatar customization options
Additionally, Rockstar will also be releasing all pre-order and retailer-specific bonuses for public purchase. That includes:
• Cemetery Map: 160 MSFT Points / $1.99 PSN
• Silent Killer Loadout Pack: 160 MSFT Points / $1.99 PSN
• Pill Bottle Item: 80 MSFT Points / $0.99 PSN
• Deadly Force Burst: 80 MSFT Points / $0.99 PSN
• Classic Max Payne Character: 80 MSFT Points / $0.99 PSN
Max Payne 3 released in May to rave reviews (including our own) and strong sales in several different countries. If you'll be jumping into MP3 multiplayer for the first time, or need a refresher when returning to multiplayer for the DLC, be sure to check out our multiplayer guide.