Miles Morales will be celebrating his 10th 'birthday' so to speak this year - August 3, to be exact - and Marvel is hosting a celebration of its 21st-century Spider-Man.
In September 1's Miles Morales: Spider-Man #30, series writer Saladin Ahmed and series artist Carmen Carnero, along with a host of people from Miles's past will be creating stories about the Ultimate Universe's last-surviving hero.
"Happy 10th anniversary, Miles Morales! This is it, 10 years as Spider-Man and his future has never looked brighter," reads Marvel's description of Miles Morales: Spider-Man #30. "A who’s who of Miles Morales Spider-creators has been webbed together to make this the best anniversary special of all time!"
So just who is involved in addition to Ahmed and Carnero? Take a look:
- Miles Morales co-creator Sara Pichelli
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse co-writer/producer Phil Lord
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse producer Chris Miller
- The as-yet-untitled Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse sequel's co-director Kemp Powers
"...and more!" according to Marvel, which leaves the creative roster open-ended. Perhaps we'll see a return of Brian Michael Bendis to Marvel, as he co-created the character with Pichelli?
And not only are there some major things happening behind the scenes of Miles Morales: Spider-Man, but MIles is getting a redesigned suit courtesy of artist Chase Conley, who's worked on several of the Spider-Man animated series.
A deeper look at this new costume, and you can't help but be reminded of Kaine's Scarlet Spider costume from a while back. Same shape and placement, just with the colors inverted.
The Miles Morales celebration doesn't end with that, as 18 September 2021 Marvel comic books will have Miles Morales: Spider-Man 10th Anniversary variant covers. Here's a gallery of the covers Marvel has revealed so far:
And here is the full line-up:
Miles Morales variants on sale September 1:
- Avengers #48 by Ernanda Souza
- Black Panther #2 by Ken Lashley with colors by Juan Fernandez
- Captain Marvel #32 by David Nakayama
- Miles Morales: Spider-Man #30 by Javier Garrón
Miles Morales variants on sale September 8:
- Daredevil #34 by an artist to be announced
- Shang-Chi #4 by Taurin Clarke
Miles Morales variants on sale September 15:
- Black Widow #11 by Ejiwa 'Edge' Ebenebe
- Iron Man #12 by Rahzzah
- Spider-Woman #15 by Bengal
Miles Morales variants on sale September 22:
- Amazing Spider-Man #74 by Sara Pichelli with colors by Tamra Bonvillain
- Death of Doctor Strange #1 by Mike Del Mundo
- Fantastic Four #36 by Russell Dauterman
- Guardians of the Galaxy #18 by an artist to be announced
- Moon Knight #3 by Greg Land with colors by Frank D’Armata
Miles Morales variants on sale September 29:
- Black Cat #10 by Dike Ruan with colors by Dave McCaig
- Thor #17 by Todd Nauck with colors by Rachelle Rosenberg
- Wolverine #6 by Phil Jimenez
Miles Morales variants on sale in October:
- Non-Stop Spider-Man #6 by Declan Shalvey
Keep an eye out for additions to the variants cover gallery in the coming weeks here at Newsarama.
And lastly, Marvel Comics has dug out Miles Morales' proverbial baby photos - they're reprinting his first appearance, 2011's Ultimate Fallout #4, with the original ads and all as part of its 'Facsimile Edition' reprint series.
Make sure you rest the best MIles Morales: Spider-Man stories we came up with back when Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales came out on PS5.