• Shigeruken - June 27, 2014 11:40 p.m.

Takeshi's challenge anyone?
  • Divine Paladin - June 28, 2014 12:59 a.m.

I was surprised we even got one Jontron-famous game in Daikatana lol. I mean, both that and Takeshi's Challenge are allegedly infamous games, but I'd never heard a peep about either before watching their respective Jontron videos - and as someone who generally knows a great amount about games and gaming, that said a lot to me. I'm guessing Daikatana has to be in because of the developer (if it's not because of Jontron, I mean), whereas Takeshi's Challenge doesn't have the infamy in the West since IIRC it was only a Famicom game.
  • Divine Paladin - June 28, 2014 1:14 a.m.

Scratch that, actually. I counted three Jontron-reviewed games (five if we count both Bubsy games). Probably should've finished the list before commenting so I could've seen Aquaman (and having to reload the page made me scroll through to see Charlie's Angels). I'm sure that it's probably a coincidence that Jon and GR both highlighted some of the same bad games. Going back to Bubsy, perhaps the 3D page should be reworded now that Bubsy 2 is on the list, to accommodate the fact that the previous games are apparently not middle of the pack anymore in GR's eyes.
  • andrew-tomsss - July 26, 2014 1:35 p.m.

• Notanerd - June 27, 2014 5:48 p.m.

I'm gonna guess that there's a lot of titles there made by the old school company "Aklaim". If it said "Aklaim" on the box DONT RENT IT!!!! Hahaha
  • nicknc8 - June 27, 2014 5:47 p.m.

Isn't it just a great feeling of acompleshment not owning or having played any of these games? Definitely for the gamer on a budget! !!
  • tyler-warner - June 27, 2014 5:45 p.m.

really friday the 13th is an amazing game fuck off gamesradar you are stupid
  • Redeater - June 30, 2014 1:20 p.m.

You are correct.
  • daniel-acree - June 27, 2014 5:27 p.m.

ok the only one i saw that wasnt a complete disaster. not saying that it was actually good was golden axe beast rider. still kept my attention as a hack and slash. but that was all that any of the golden axe games really were about. the originals had almost no story at all. its alot like the original gauntlet game NES. i understand the developers tried to restart the series but alot of games cant be restarted like that. in my opinion the worst game ive come across that i didnt see on hear was heavy fire. which is a cheesier version of the new and improved complete peice of shit rambo game. it the developers are going to take a huge title with a huge fan basis dont fuck it up. aliens colonial marines, all marvel movie title games except wolverine, transformers. but i will hand it to the ones who do it right. thank you hideo kojima for castlevania los, and thank you rocksteady studios for a batman game that actually doesnt suck.
  • brickman409 - June 27, 2014 4:17 p.m.

Super Noah's Ark wasn't a bad game, it was just a re-skin of Wolfenstein 3D. So if you enjoyed Wolfenstein, you'll enjoy Super Noah's ark. Also It was basically the closest the SNES had to a port of Wolfenstein 3D
  • universaltofu - June 27, 2014 4:05 p.m.

Yaris was the only game here I've had the displeasure of playing.
  • Zackattack88 - June 25, 2014 2:12 p.m.

GR forgot about one game that deserves to be on the list; Sonic Labrynth for Sege Genesis. Sega thought it would be a good idea to make a Sonic game where they take out the thing that made Sonic so fricking awesome and have a purpose for life in the first place; RUNNING!! And don't even bother to just jump your way out of that hellhole, because you can't jump either! I've been playing Sonic games since I can walk and I never thought I'd ever hate one in my life.
  • adam-helfrich - January 12, 2014 5:10 p.m.

You forgot Call of Duty. In response to Unlimited Saga and why Jrpgs died out in the west, it is a result of changed gaming culture in the US. To be honest, Americans only play basic games with as little thought involved as possible such as sports and shooting. It's also a very xenophobic culture that can't accept anything Asian even if it's better than most western games. That's why western rpgs sell and eastern ones do not. To sum it up, Americans need to drop their guns and add some thought, culture, and diversity in their lives. This is from a well traveled American.
  • tamriilin - February 2, 2014 12:37 a.m.

That's why Dark Souls sold so well in Japan and not in America, right? Oh, wait... That's why Magic: the Gathering is so popular in Asia but completely foreign to us dumb Americans, right? Oh, wait.... That's why every super-hardcore RTS is developed in Japan, right? Oh, wait...
  • tamriilin - February 2, 2014 12:38 a.m.

Also JRPGs dying out in the West is because the vast majority of them are complete trash nowadays. JRPGs are one of my favorite genres, but there were only scant few this generation (Lost Odyssey, FFXIII, Ni No Kuni are the only ones that immediately come to mind) that were worth anything.
  • jarheadjohn0311 - March 11, 2014 10:07 a.m.

That's quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever read. Sure I play battlefield but I also play final fantasy, chrono trigger, skyrim, legend of zelda, demons souls, dark souls, diablo, world of warcraft and so on. So piss off with your Americans only play call of duty and basic games. You should put down your elitist attitude and get a clue
  • Earthbound_X - May 28, 2014 8:39 p.m.

I have to assume you are trolling, because that was all bull.
  • mothbanquet - June 28, 2014 2 a.m.

Far more people have played Final Fantasy in the west than have played Mass Effect in the east . This is from a well-travelled Englishman.
  • thepinkcupcake - January 12, 2014 4:05 a.m.

That "Ethnic Cleansing" game released by some Neo-Nazi hate group belongs on this list. Not only is the premise (obviously) completely disgusting and hateful, the graphics are shoddy and clearly the dev team weren't making a serious attempt at making a game. Of course I haven't played it because I'm against everything those rednecks believe, but according to one site, the black enemies make ape noises when killed. I think I'm about to puke.
  • KieferSkunk - January 8, 2014 7:46 p.m.

Just out of curiosity, did you guys consider "Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly" (PS2)? It got only a 2.8 out of 10 over at Gamespot, and I like their review statement that it was an "unplayable train wreck of a game". Was surprised to see it not on this list.