• db1331 - April 5, 2012 12:27 p.m.

This scares me. CDP is one of the best devs out there right now, in terms of the quality of their games and their unrivaled customer service. They are what BioWare used to be before they started making console games. I'd be really sad to see the same thing happen to CDP.
  • ObliqueZombie - April 5, 2012 1:24 p.m.

I've actually found very nice customer service from BioWare in the last month, and I still don't see the quality of their games diminishing--console or not. However, I will say I played Mass Effect 3 on the PC with 60fps, and that was the catalyst that made me want to work my ass off this summer to get a nice gaming rig. I know you're a computer expert, how much would a gaming desktop be in order to run a game like The Witcher 2? I think I'll pass on this console version in favor of the (better) PC version.
  • db1331 - April 5, 2012 1:43 p.m.

Mass Effect 3? THAT was what made you want a PC? Sure it looks and runs much better on PC, but you should try something like Skyrim. If you were impressed by ME 3, Skyrim with mods would probably make your head explode. You could probably spend as little as $600 and get something that would run TW 2 better than the 360 could. For $800 or a little more, you could probably run it maxed out. These prices are assuming you are going to build your own. Obviously a pre-built will cost more. If you do get a rig though, check out the original Witcher first. As good as TW 2 is, the first game was better in every regard, save the combat. Plus you can import your character, including armor, swords, and even some gold, from the first game into the second. The Witcher goes on sale for $10 or less all the time. Sometimes they even give you a free copy when you buy TW 2.
  • lazer59882 - April 5, 2012 4:16 p.m.

lmao at PC assholes who make up shit just to justify their ownership of a $800 gaming machine. aside from wanting their games to reach a larger audience, theres no similarity at all between bioward and cdp, and theres no reason to think cdp will "suck" now cause its making games for consoles. its just that idiotic, insular thinking that afflicts all PC gamers that leads you to think that. oh, and for the record, no one gives a fuck about customer service, know why? cause on a console you just put the game in the drive and play it, no tweaking settings or hoping your graphics card is feeling up to it necessary. i've been playing games for over 20 years and the only time i've ever had to call a customer support line was when, before getting into the 6th console generation, i was a pc-only gamer. what a miserable fucking existence that was.
  • ObliqueZombie - April 5, 2012 4:34 p.m.

That's why I'm still going to game on a console AND PC. Trust me, I hate PC Elitist as much as you do--but then again, I hate anyone who tries to condemn another gamer for their system of choice. Besides, I can get a lot of cheap-ass games on Steam, thanks to Valve being so generous. :) Not to mention PC exclusives.
  • Net_Bastard - April 5, 2012 6:50 p.m.

You're just as bad. You're waving your dick because you play on both. Because God fucking forbid we can't prefer one platform over another.
  • FriendlyFire - April 5, 2012 6:54 p.m.

Sure you can, but you don't have to be a dick about it. I prefer my PC by a long shot, but if you want to play on your PS3 or 360, game on.
  • viberunner - April 6, 2012 8:30 a.m.

Except KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC was one of their finest hours. And let's face it, the first Mass Effect game was amazing. It wasn't consoles that destroyed Bioware, that was EA.