• GhostNappa2k10 - January 26, 2012 9:39 p.m.

I'm surprised the PC elitists haven't infested the comments yet. Also, since my laptop has no chance of running this game, then I will definitely pre-order this for XBOX :D
  • TheVoid - January 27, 2012 10:16 a.m.

What would a PC elitist need to say that hasn't been mentioned in the article already? "The game still does look good - just don’t expect it to be as eye-popping as it is on PC." 'Nuff said! Although I'm happy to unfurl the "PC elitist" banner quite proudly (since you mentioned it) because we more than most gamers have sunk a lot more time and cash into our gaming platform than console gamers. Instead of "rivals" or "adversaries" think of us as those with flashy souped-up cars that tinker and toil late into the night for the pride of being able to gather together in a public lot on the weekend, pop the hood, crack a few cold ones and indulge in some well-earned bragging rights while passerbys in their store-bought straight-off-the-assembly-line vehicles only draw near to gawk at our wares. It's pretty much the same damn thing. Which isn't to say I look down on consoles - they certainly get the job done and require far less maintenance, and often offer gaming experiences I could never expect to receive on PC. I myself own a PS3 and a Wii in addition to a solid PC gaming rig (which from scratch cost less than $800, I might add), and I tend to play all three almost equally (well, maybe not the Wii so much these days). But like a man who keeps his "regular" car for family errands and such parked on the street while his prize-possession "hobby" car remains secure and sparkling clean in the garage, you could definitely say the same about me and my appreciation for consoles vs. my undying love for my PC. So the next time you decide to write us off as a bunch of snobs give some pause and think about why we fly our flag of dedication so high. In the meantime, enjoy your concession-ridden Witcher 2. ZING!
  • GhostNappa2k10 - January 28, 2012 10:16 a.m.

Sorry, as you clearly have taken my comment in the wrong way. I do not mind PC gamers, as I myself am one, and an XBOX game. But what I don't like are the PC gamers who think themselves better than console gamers. I am not calling all PC gamers elitists, just the ones who think they're the greatest. And as for the whole PC vs console dealio, the reason many people have consoles over a gaming PC is BUDGET LIMITS. Not a lot of people have hundreds of pounds/dollars to go and buy the necessary parts to build a respectable rig. I certainly can't afford to go do this, which is why I own an XBOX. And, even though I do play games on my laptop, it isn't good enough to run high-end games. This is the reason why I'm buying Witcher 2, on XBOX. Again, I apologise if you were insulted by my comment, as I do not have anything against PC gamers, just the stuck up ones who have nothing good to say about consoles.
  • TheVoid - January 28, 2012 2:26 p.m.

Not insulted at all, no apologies necessary. Just having some fun sharing my viewpoint. You were wondering where all the PC elitists were and stepped up to fill the role. Would I say PCs are better than consoles? Yes, for many reasons. But as with any gaming platform, it pretty much comes down to the games themselves. So while I'll heartily laugh at BF3 on anything other than a PC, my PC isn't helping the cause when it comes my need for all things Final Fantasy or Metal Gear. Nor does my PS3 understand when I often get lured back to Monster Hunter 3 on Wii. And then there are the times when both my PS3 and Wii stare blankly at me when I discuss my infatuation with Minecraft and Space Rangers 2. So while at the end of the day PC might stand the strongest and prettiest (with PS3 a close second and my Wii a distant third), ultimately it's the games themselves that dictate which one I'm spending time with. As for your point regarding budget limits, I completely understand and can relate. I'm probably a bit older than most GR commentators and am thankful to have put myself on a fairly successful career path, but that wasn't always the case. For decades my gaming options were quite limited due to monetary restrictions, although while it sounds cliche I will say that hard work, perserverance and sacrifice all contributed to making my currently "improved" gaming budget possible. But even still I drive a modest-at-best car and have opted not to join the ranks of smart phone owners to keep my spending options flexible. So the need to weigh such options never really goes away, although it does become easier to juggle in time. A good job doesn't hurt either. And for what it's worth I bought GTA4 for PS3 even after it was out for PC because my PC at the time was well below the game's minimum specs, so I completely get your rationale for going XB360 for Witcher 2. And as I am sure is the case with you and Witcher 2, I knew full well upon buying GTA4 for PS3 that it wasn't going to be the best-looking version out there. PC tends to dominate in that regard, but as long as the gameplay is tight across the board that's all that really matters...
  • winner2 - January 26, 2012 7:51 p.m.

Was amazing on pc, highly recommend it to all as I'm sure they'll do a good job of adapting it for the 360. Was definitely a goty contender for me
  • IChooseUAntistaMON - January 26, 2012 7:15 p.m.

This game looks so sick glad its coming to the box
  • gonzalo29 - January 26, 2012 6:56 p.m.

The best PC game of 2011, good thing the plan to release the XBox extras on PC, CDProjekt it's one of the best developers in customer care.
  • IceBlueKirby - January 26, 2012 6:08 p.m.

I don't think my PC could run the game, so I'm glad there will be a console version. And I don't have to wait too long for it either. ^_^
  • Brutalicus - January 26, 2012 6:01 p.m.

Amazing game. To 360 owners who don't have a beast PC: buy it. You won't be disappointed. This is one of those special developers that is willing to bend over backwards to make you a quality game, and it shows.
  • taokaka - January 26, 2012 5:43 p.m.

I was planning on picking up the witcher once my to play pile has dropped a bit but now this has just made the choice of which platform to get it on harder but I think the extra content for 360 outweighs the minor graphical boost
  • TheZigMan - January 26, 2012 8:05 p.m.

Its not a minor graphical boost. The PC version will look generations ahead of anything on the 260. The 360 just doesn't have the power to run an up to date version
  • SolidLatino - January 27, 2012 12:16 a.m.

Ok. Great. Thanks.
  • GhostNappa2k10 - January 28, 2012 10:19 a.m.

Graphics don't make a game. I, personally, do't give a damn how good the graphics are, as long as the rest is good. Take Metal Gear Solid 3, for example. Nowadays, the graphics suck, but that game is way better than most games this generation, even if the current gen games look better.
  • TheZigMan - January 30, 2012 12:24 a.m.

With the Witcher 2, graphics are a huge part of it. Yes it has an amazing story and pretty good gameplay, but its the graphics that set it apart from other games
  • Jackelsburg - January 26, 2012 11:21 p.m.

they said that the extra content should be coming out to the pc, so i think content wise it will eventually be about the same. but adding it to the xbox360 will definitely open the game up to people that dont have a computer to run it
  • Beoftw - January 27, 2012 1:42 a.m.

It will be some bull if the PC owners don't get this content patched in as well.
  • The_Tingler - January 27, 2012 3:15 a.m.

It IS getting all patched in to the current version, just like they did with the first game's Enhanced Edition. GamesRadar is literally the only site that hasn't reported this fact.
  • Beoftw - January 27, 2012 1:41 a.m.

What Zigman said, not only is the graphical performace quite literally eons ahead of whats inside that xbox, the game is still tailored towards a PC audience. You and many other gamers may be turned off by the fact that this game is actually quite hard and takes some patience. There is no golden trail to show you where the quests are, you have to man up and figure it out on your own. This game is for those of us who enjoy a damn good mature fantasy book, and for the people who have the patience to enjoy the story before the gameplay.
  • taokaka - January 27, 2012 4:09 a.m.

You guys changed my mind then if it's as big as a jump as you say I'll get it for PC, I've never actually enjoyed DLC as much as the game it's made for so I'll just grab the game cheaper on PC and not bother with DLC. Also your last sentence has just made me really want to get it now so there's no time to waste waiting for a 360 version.
  • Beoftw - January 28, 2012 8:14 a.m.

Lucky for you and me, I think we will be getting that DLC for free either way. The company that made the witcher is very good at serving its loyal fans with great respect. We have gotten all the dlc's for free so far, so i expect they will keep that loyalty up.