• TheIronMaiden - September 9, 2011 8:42 a.m.

Too late for me. I've moved on from the Crysis craze; and honestly I see this as nothing more than away to earn some extra dollars off the title since it's almost guaranteed that some consoles boys will go nutso over this.
  • snipes101 - September 9, 2011 11:54 a.m.

Well why shouldn't they? The console market is a hot bed for FPS's right now and, given that console gamers ate up the second game, it only makes sense that they would probably love the first one. I know I'll be buying it.
  • Odis - September 9, 2011 8:40 a.m.

Crysis was so much better than Crysis 2. While in Crysis 2, the abilities are sorta in the backdrop and you can pretty much play with out them, in Crysis they are essential. For me, I think it's the best FPS ever.
  • ObliqueZombie - September 9, 2011 8:34 a.m.

I know I'm never going to play this, and this is why: 1) I don't want to hear all the sh*t I'd get from my "PC" friends, making fun of me about how late I am to the party, and how "crap" it looks compared to the PC version, and how PC is the greatest thing ever, yada yada yada, pompous cheering, et cetera. 2) It's completely and totally overrated at this point, saturated by all the praise it has gotten and all the fame it has acquired for being so "technically impressive" over the years, that it will be a complete let down at this point. Kind of like that movie you've been waiting your childhood for, only for it to come out as a rushed, barely enthusiastic production. 3) Though I know it's considerably better than Crysis 2, from what I hear and read, nothing about Crysis sounds remotely appealing to me. Not that it's BAD, just nothing too intriguing. Not the setting, not the story, not the characters--nothing. I guess you can blame Crysis 2 for a bad first impression. But, if this was smartly released BEFORE Crysis 2, maybe I'd have a change of heart.
  • haisaicc - September 9, 2011 8:33 a.m.

Top quality goods that you will like,welcome to http://tinyurl.com/3zogvql ,there can help you to play the game so easy
  • Plan10FromOuterSpace - September 9, 2011 7:53 a.m.

This news just makes me want a gaming PC even more, it feels more like an insult to be given an awesome game so late after the original was put on sale. That aside this was a game I really wanted to play so its great its coming to console, I haven't played the sequel yet either so I might as well hold off on that now, and play them in the correct order
  • db1331 - September 9, 2011 8:18 a.m.

Build one. This really speaks to how far behind the consoles are when you have to scale back a 4 year old PC game to get it to run on them.
  • ObliqueZombie - September 9, 2011 8:40 a.m.

I see nothing wrong with consoles. Look, I know you're upset about spending thousands of dollars on a PC for slightly better-textured brick walls, but you don't have to be a pompous dick about it, trying to make it sounds better than it really is. And sometimes, graphics aren't everything. Have you seen BioShock? Most times, it's the art style and the way it's presented that makes a game so damned gorgeous--not the textures, lighting, or realism.
  • db1331 - September 9, 2011 8:54 a.m.

Yeah, I saw BioShock. I saw it running in DX10 at 1920x1200.
  • ObliqueZombie - September 9, 2011 10:41 a.m.

I still fail to see how a bigger screen resolution and a certain processor somehow makes PC better. Video games are video games. Having a fancier cup to drink tea it in doesn't make the tea better.
  • db1331 - September 9, 2011 11:20 a.m.

I know you don't understand it, and that's ok. I only ask that you make an attempt to understand something before you talk about it.
  • mothbanquet - September 9, 2011 11:58 a.m.

My teacup has a picture of a helicopter! ^^
  • Net_Bastard - September 9, 2011 11:25 a.m.

It's not just the graphics. When I converted, I was just amazed at how better a keyboard/mouse felt. It's like a completely different experience. You're most likely never going to see something like GTAIV with ICEnhancer right out of the box when it comes to multiplatform games. Also, did you just call DX10 a processor? Sounds like you're tech-impaired. Not only that, but did you say that it costs thousands of dollars to build a PC? I built my PC for $975, and I bought some expensive parts. A lot of PC's cost less than what the PS3 did at launch. Also, I'm not a fanboy. I keep my consoles around for the exclusives.
  • db1331 - September 9, 2011 11:57 a.m.

I love several console exclusives too. Don't try to argue with him. He's honestly just ignorant. I figured it out in a previous thread. That's why I let his processor remark slide. If you say something factual, like Crysis or The Witcher 2 had to be scaled back to run on a console, he acts like it's just your opinion and gets all butthurt.
  • Plan10FromOuterSpace - September 9, 2011 12:11 p.m.

Building a gaming PC is something ive been hoping to do for a while now, im a college student so I dont really have the cash but if i ever manage to find myself a job, its a dream id like to make a reality. As or the whole console/PC argument, its worth remembering that consoles are basically a platform that allows technology to remain in one place for between 5-10 years, which is great. It just means that if you want to be at the forefront of it all you need to move to PC, both can exist side by side as they do without problems...
  • db1331 - September 9, 2011 12:17 p.m.

Message me if you want help picking out parts. You can get a line of credit at Newegg with no payments and no interest for 6 months to a year, and just pay it off monthly after that. It becomes much more affordable at $45 a month. Also, Black Friday sales are just 2 months away. You could build one for cheap then.
  • hester2 - September 10, 2011 11:47 a.m.

Wait until you need a new PC anyways, then do it. You'd be looking at a $300-400 price difference, which is MUCH easier to stomach. I don't see why people have to fall on one side or the other. I love both my PC and my consoles. There's one thing consoles do that PC's can't: side by side gaming with my friends. Well, actually just gaming in any way with my friends, as I'm the only one with a gaming rig.
  • Plan10FromOuterSpace - September 9, 2011 12:13 p.m.

its not just graphics, modding too!
  • UberNoob - September 9, 2011 2:53 p.m.

Your pretty ignorant to think PC gaming is all about graphics. I have my own gaming PC AND an Xbox 360. The reason I moved on the PC gaming was because how limited games are on the console and how obnoxious the community is. I can't alter and take advantage of the game when I get tired of it. I can't buy a console with the hardware preferences I want. I can't play multiplayer without joining a game with mic spammers or children. Sure, this might not interest everyone, but it does to me. It's console gamers that always assume PC gaming is expensive. You can build a gaming PC just a bit over the price of a console and have it play games better and offers more than a console. I admit, some people do go PC for better graphics even if the price doesn't justify the performance gain over consoles, and the PC fanboys are worse than console fanboys, but chances are they'll realize the freedom a PC offers. This makes the PC better compared to consoles. Yes, there's nothing wrong with consoles if you just want to play games, but if you need something that will really last, offer more, and can be used for more than just gaming (I do 3D rendering; a console can't do that just so you know), than the PC is the way to go. By the way, that thing your posting comments with is a PC. Chances are, the money you spent on a pre-built, brand name PC is enough to build a gaming PC. Oh, and I'm not flaming consoles or you, I am simply trying to get you to understand why PC gaming is better compared to console gaming.
  • EroticInvisibleMan - September 9, 2011 6:58 p.m.

Bioshock was a poor recreation of a far better game called System Shock 2. A Game you will probably never play being that you clearly have some sort of misplaced bias against PC gaming.