• RabidCabbage - December 10, 2009 11:09 a.m.

FIFA 10 had/has one where your club ends in 2 billion of your chosen currency in debt after 1 season, and there's no way to shift that debt or buy new players. Considering the amount of time and investment you put into manager mode, it's incredibly frustrating.
  • Craza - December 10, 2009 6:33 a.m.

Spybreak8 - What was the glitch in Chapter 11 for Assassin's Creed 2? I don't remember there being a problem.
  • Craza - December 10, 2009 6:32 a.m.

Fable 2 had a mother-load of glitches, especially in the end game. Several times, I had main storyline quests automatically finish themselves, along with enemies that just died for no apparent reason. The first-born child was incredibly glitched after you came back from the Spire, resulting in him/her to just stand in front of the door without moving or responding to any expressions, gifts, or actions from other NPC's. I had a huge group of Hobbes appear out of thin air, only to die within a few seconds afterwards. And in the end game, the dyeing feature was completely messed up, along with the hero's children. I had an invisible child. I don't have LIVE, so I haven't been able to download any patches/updates, if there is any. But I thought that Fable 2 deserved a little recognition.
  • Spybreak8 - December 10, 2009 5:48 a.m.

Will games always have buggy releases yes. Sorry to say it will always be yes even when the developer spends months eliminating them with a recorded no bug log. The reason for this is that once you're "in the wild", as I call it, and everyone is playing online (or on different PCs) there are instances that a team can no check due to either time, money or sanity lol. However for single player games there should be no GAME CHANGING/ALTERING, (like say missions completing themselves in your example or you can't advance in the game, cough Matrix MMO, bugs or the consumer is shafted for paying for a broken product. You get a toaster, or say a TV, and it turns out to not work at home, you're returning that for sure, why would it be any different with software. '“We refund even if they bought it at retail. We take a loss on it. We have found, through our research, that our users tend to be repeat buyers. They buy a lot of games. If they have a good experience buying from us, they’re likely to buy again. It’s in our best interests to do everything we can to make sure the customer is happy.”' Oh man that brought me back to when I worked for Sears lol. Wow, I did not know Stardock did that! Kudos Oh another example to throw out there, the glitch in Assassin's Creed 2 after chapter 11, seriously no excuse for that one.
  • TheWebSwinger - December 10, 2009 2:40 a.m.

@Lovinmyps3: I had to do the same thing to my friends in real life :\
  • Cwf2008 - December 10, 2009 2:28 a.m.

@Deathand: FUCK YOU And about that legislation is it being put through in the UK or in the US? Im guessing the UK but i wanna be sure because that would be such a blessing. Nothing more annoying than buying a bugged game and not being able to return it
  • Ninja-KiLLR - December 10, 2009 12:52 a.m.

battlefield 2 modern combat for ps2. that game had a ton of glitchs u could almost find a away into any building that you werent supposed to but it is one of my personal favorite gaems
  • Yeager1122 - December 10, 2009 12:38 a.m.

Ive had so many problems with bugs in the past i wish refunds would have been availible.
  • nik41507 - December 10, 2009 12:12 a.m.

By the way, when MW2 was just released on 360, the servers were down for a few days too.
  • nik41507 - December 10, 2009 12:10 a.m.

You know, maybe it's because the consoles are specifically meant to only play games. That's their purpose as a electronic where as PC's can do sooooooo much more. Or it could just be that Windows Vista just plain was not meant for gaming. That's why the Xbox was designed. Well thats just what I think
  • Defguru7777 - December 9, 2009 11:59 p.m.

I know this article is mostly on PC games, but sometimes console game launches suck just as much. Look at Gears of War 2. Its multiplayer, while not broken, was incredibly "rusty." Sure they've fixed it with patches, but Gears 2 is primarily a multiplayer game. That stuff should work at launch. That is not too much to ask. Also, didn't BioShock have problems like this when it launched on the PS3?
  • Ampatent - December 9, 2009 11:49 p.m.

Speaking of games with buggy releases... I got the Saboteur on PC for free from a contest, and I can't play it because of a problem with ATI Radeon Graphics cards. LAME!
  • lovinmyps3 - December 9, 2009 11:43 p.m.

My biggest problem with bugs was playing Far Cry 2. I ended up having to kill all of my friends (no not at the end, I'm not an idiot) because any time I would try to save them while they're dying, they would get up and kill me. And occasionally I would get stuck in a mountain. XD
  • Octaviux - December 9, 2009 11:42 p.m.

GTA4 on PC was such a laggy and ugly pile of programming trash that it has turned me off to the series as a whole.
  • Cyberninja - December 9, 2009 11:22 p.m.

i really dont know what to say on this article you really cant have refunds for digital distrubtion without people abusing it some how so i think digital distrubtion will die and that is a shame but if problems like this keep acuring thats the future
  • Montag - December 9, 2009 9:03 p.m.

Perhaps there should be a middle ground? If it is an in game bug like bad clipping then ok, its a bug. But if the bug is such that it is unplayable and reported on a number of machines then it is like a toaster. An analogy might be you buy a car and the interior lights don't turn on, this would be an error in manufacturing and would be silly to get a new car. However if 10000 people report the car stalls when you turn left then it is probably a design fault. If the manufacturer recalled it (like a patch) but it still did it, at some point it would be fair to say money back time. That said since moving from PC to 360 I haven't pulled my hair out as much. I remember the original Operation Flashpoint... yuk
  • CrazedPenguin - December 9, 2009 8:56 p.m.

Nice article! Once again, Gamesradar/Future deliver. :)
  • Frexerik - December 9, 2009 7:50 p.m.

i must say, i dont think enforced refunds would be a good thing... software really is different from a toaster.