Topics

Nintendo Wii U

• RonnyLive19881 - September 14, 2012 10:16 a.m.

I was prepared to pay as much as $600 for the console alone so I think this is great news! I'll be getting ZombiU, Mario and Pikmin 3 with a Pro Controller and the 500Gig hard drive if it is available at launch.
  • Elitepwnsface - September 14, 2012 10:36 a.m.

Well seeing how i payed $250 for the 3ds at its launch id say the price is as it should be. Preordered the basic for $324.75 with tax on best buy . Instore pick-up of course
  • wober2 - September 14, 2012 11:21 a.m.

Obsolescence is not only spec oriented with indie games constantly bringing old mechanics that challenge the AAA titles, nintendo will continue to make great games. Perhaps with great success the wiiu can help bring development costs at a rational level instead of the constant ballooning of budgets for more textures and little difference in gameplay or story. I pre-ordered yesterday at Gamestop the Premium set. I cannot wait. I love the entire package they are building tying in a social network with games and tv. The games are top notch. Even the metroid mii game on nintendo land seems like a ton of fun. Give me more couch coop please and I will give you money nintendo. I am very excited for this launch and I hope people keep an open mind. Nintendo represents keeping youthful at heart / promoting our inner child. Those who want more realistic textures and care less about new forms of gameplay should just go watch Michael Bay movies.
  • Ravenbom - September 14, 2012 11:39 a.m.

Well I'm torn because I've been waiting on the successor to the Wii since my disk drive broke down in my Wii and I missed out on Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy 2, Kirby's Epic yarn and a couple other big hitters. BUT, on the flip side ZombiU is the only title that really piques my curiosity. Of course, it's kind of like when I bought a Wii in the first place, I mostly played VC games. I think I'll hold out a little while.
  • DrOprah - September 14, 2012 12:46 p.m.

I'm not buying it on launch day, but only because I'm 15 with no source of income. This thing enters my possession as soon as I'm able.
  • Moondoggie1157 - September 15, 2012 8:35 a.m.

Get a job! Damned slackers... Back in my day, we weren't lucky enough to fancy Wemotes and pikmans, we broke rocks and drank tar for a penny a day, I saved up enough pennies for a Genesis and I felt like I accomplished something. You kids, nowadays...
  • philip-craddock - September 14, 2012 2:02 p.m.

Quite disappointed by the launch price and the two separate models. Was hoping it would be around £199 as was rumoured. £249 for a weeny 8GB version or £299 for the Premium model is a bit much (especially as I'm not interested in Nintendo Land, so it'll be an extra £30 for a bundle deal with ZombiU if I actually want to play something on it). Sure I'll get one eventually but I doubt it'll be a day one purchase now. I may ask everybody for Amazon vouchers for Christmas this year and see if I can get anywhere close to affording one that way. Hopefully by then Wonderful 101 will have a confirmed UK release date.
  • berry87 - September 15, 2012 5:49 a.m.

Not a chance i'm buying and why should anyone??? seriously it's coming to the end of the ps3/360 consoles life and we are at the top end of what these consoles can do which has over 6year old tech in it, and now nintendo decide to join the party with a console which does exactly the same as a ps3/360 can do. the wii was unique and interesting with it's wii motes and the way you played games but it strived it self from being different and thats what made non gamers buy it. but the wii u, is basicly back to being a normal console with an added tablet, but the craziest thing is ps3 can already do this with the vita and microsoft have announced smart glass which basicly means what ever you can do on a wii u, you will be able to use any type of tablet on our console and do the same, also the console costs more to buy than a ps3/360 and isn't even more powerful. doesn't make any sense to me, they've had over 6years to make something alot better and the opt for the same graphics power hmmmm will see.
  • ParagonT - September 15, 2012 7:42 a.m.

I will admit that the specs of the Wii-U translates to higher power than the Xbox and PS3, but not by much. But Your right to say that it's a bit brash to jump on the console when you haven't seen what the others offer, but it's peoples personal choice.
  • whocares202 - October 3, 2012 8:40 a.m.

Now this is a sensible post. Why waste 500$ on something that is no more powerful than a ps3? Total waste, unless it brings the 3D feature to the console and somehow projects it through the HDMI on a non-3D TV (which won't be happening). Then I would consider buying it.
  • Moondoggie1157 - September 15, 2012 8:39 a.m.

Bayonetta 2 is the only reason I would ever pick up this console... Not to sound cynical, but I haven't seen enough from the console to be excited, at least nothing that doesn't come off as a gimmick to me. The Wii was really fun, but I would never have bought one... I used my brothers because he's younger and naive. I'm hoping he buys this system so I can play Bayonetta and Zombie U (if it turns out). Aside from that, this system is a big miss for me, I've just been able to get into my PS3 back catalog so I'm gonna have quite a few games to hold me over until a new generation... Which I'll not be able to afford for a while anyways... So yea... I dunno.
  • whocares202 - October 3, 2012 8:42 a.m.

"I used my brothers because he's younger and naive" Sinister prick, I hate people like you. Fork over some dough you cheap bastard.
  • ob_mason90 - September 15, 2012 10:24 a.m.

I'm thinking about getting one but if the rumors turned out to be true about the next generation dropping in 2013 then it would be a big middle finger for people like me who can't afford to buy two new consoles in the same year(from late 2012 to late 2013)since i'm still a college student so I'm still confused if I should buy it or shouldn't.
  • Unoriginal - September 15, 2012 12:06 p.m.

First Nintendo Concole that I won't buy at launch. Not enough game content to justify it yet.
  • amilia-perez - September 15, 2012 12:09 p.m.

Way too expensive for something that only contains 8 or 32GB. You'd need to shell out even more for an external HDD. I also have to ask why they didn't include an option to install an internal HDD, like with the PS3. In any case, I will not be buying until I find out what will be in the 720 and PS4, if I buy it at all. If those consoles leave the Wii U for dead, then I'm going to pass. But if they are comparable in hardware (I sure hope not) then it will be down to pricing of those consoles, and what kind of games they will have. There is no chance I'm buying a U this holiday.
  • piemantr - September 15, 2012 7:17 p.m.

The only game that is worth on the wii u is Zombiu
  • Sami Aaltonen - September 16, 2012 1:48 a.m.

Sorry for long post in advance (they are always like this when i come late to the discussion) "Way too expensive for something that only contains 8 or 32GB. You'd need to shell out even more for an external HDD. I also have to ask why they didn't include an option to install an internal HDD, like with the PS3." It's SSD and they didn't want to make big grill out of WiiU with normal HDD's sticked inside. And for those who "whine" about WiiU not pushing grafx's past PS360 at launch. How much better it has ever been when old gen switches to new gen. And if AC3 looks as good/or better on WiiU than on PS360 for launch game versus consoles that have been around for 5-6 years, i'll say it is a good sign. And for console cost: (i hope i can post link to other sites) *ttp://gamasutra.com/view/news/177337/Sizing_up_Wii_Us_price_tag_against_history.php#.UFPcOY1lTz0 And remember nowdays every thing just keeps getting pricier, so no electronics are any different. And also remember MS and Sony selled their consoles at LOSS from the beginning for how many years. And if you wanna play with PS3 + Vita, you need to buy the Vita (and how much does it cost),same with 360 (i don't know if theyll release something for 360 in regards of Smartglass) And also for the people "whining" about consoles power. IF you LOOK sales in last three gen, the least powerful console won. "Yeah the Wii U is WAY to expensive (especially sense the Wii U is pretty much twice as powerful as the Xbox 360 and PS3 and the fact that the 8th Gen consoles from both Sony and Microsoft will most likely sell for double what the Wii U does now" And how are they gonna do that, i wonder. If they wanna omph with graphics like they did with Xbox-->X360 nad Ps2-->Ps3, those consoles are gonna cost a frtune compared to WiiU. "So I'm not saying that the Wii-U is trash or a waste of money by no means, it has some cool features, but it's far from being "cheap" if you think of how much it's specs compare to seven year old hardware. Unless of course just the controller makes up for everything in your eyes. So before telling others to stop "bitching" please research as well and stop bitching about bitching. " Like i said before, if new console can rival or surpass console that have their architecture played around for 5-6 years graphically then don't see any problem there. And those inflation prices are about right, so... "Nintendo's history with consoles and third-party developers over the past decade tell me that's not gonna happen." And how it is possible to sell those quickly for Wii-ported games selling like hot cakes compared to good Nintendo developed games. "You guys are so stupid nintendo revealed you can hook up ANY EXTERNAL" And same was with PS3 launch. "I will always buy Nintendo's consoles at launch, but unfortunately I'm still sceptical of its launch window. Bayonetta 2 is the only game I actually care about. I mean, come on, the Wii launched with Wii Sports and Twilight Princess! There are no proper first party launch games (though I don't remember if Pikmin 3 will be at launch--not that I care). " And now when Nintendo is giving 3rd parties a time to sell their games when there aren't that many "big" Nintendo games at launch people still "whine" about it. (sorry, that came your too strong) "Anyway, do you get anything special at all for purchasing day one? Or did I miss something?" What did you get when you buyed your PS360 ?
  • Sami Aaltonen - September 16, 2012 1:52 a.m.

Just had add this here too: *ttp://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=185453 *ttp://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=185428 Hopefully there aren't this stupid people around here :P
  • roofipl - September 16, 2012 5:48 a.m.

I created an account just to say how stupid you are/sound with this comment you made :)
  • Sami Aaltonen - September 17, 2012 6:50 a.m.

Explanation please. Because you made account just for this, it seems that you are either badly butthurt or stupid.