• bamb0o-stick - September 9, 2009 9:07 p.m.

I remember I wanted to get a Dreamcast myself. I still remember that great ad slogan "It's thinking." I just can't get over how fast that console died. Its like Sega put a pillow over the DC's face and smothered it.
  • Cyberninja - September 9, 2009 8:56 p.m.

i meant: even though it was my bros
  • Cyberninja - September 9, 2009 8:55 p.m.

i am so glad to used have a dreamcast even though it was bros
  • erix99 - September 16, 2009 12:52 p.m.

Sega DC tried their best to create a great game console but it was just not good enough when comparing the Playstation2 when it released. I think the reason was simple, Sega stopped to care about DC, I believed that if Sega could they can create a DC 2 or 3 like Playstation did. However they didnt, the game that Sega DC had was unique and very fun indeed. I got one of those and I still love it. However the PS3 is much better now. I think DC picked the wrong time to release and PS3 picked right time.
  • Xeacons - September 14, 2009 4:22 p.m.

Yeah, the DC was really last gen (PS2/Xbox era), above and beyond N64/PS1. Sega just gave up too early.
  • super0sonic - September 13, 2009 5:52 a.m.

My Dreamcast is still hooked up to my Tv.
  • Red - September 11, 2009 5:06 p.m.

The Dreamcast also had Toy Commander, let's not forget.
  • Sonneilon - September 11, 2009 1:05 a.m.

I got one when it was in cheapo mode and that was for PSO. I never did play online, just solo'd it and had fun. I don't know what to think of the DC. I guess it was fine. I loved the Genesis and I did enjoy my Saturn. I believe the Saturn had the ultra cool rpg Dragon Force game. NOw... back to the DC. Wasn't there a game called Enemy Zero? It was an human vs alien game not unlike, I dunno, Dead Space. BUt this article was talking about creative endeavors and THIS game was dependent on sound. So you had to pay attention to where the sounds were coming from to know wher eht alien would be coming from. Wasnt' a big hit, but it creeped me out!
  • Sidnapolis - September 11, 2009 12:36 a.m.

man...a part of me really doesn't like this dc week, because not getting a dc is one of my biggest regrets in gaming ever...sometime i will...
  • NelosAngelos - September 10, 2009 10:13 p.m.

So...true...so...beautiful.
  • TanookiMan - September 10, 2009 4:18 p.m.

"World of Warcraft Magazine Editor in Chief Dan Amrich" For some reason, that sounds so foreign to me...
  • tmoe01 - September 10, 2009 4:13 p.m.

Its been 8 years and I still get angry when I think about SEGA and the Dreamcast. It was like being dumped by your hot gf for someone better. I loved my DC so much, only to have SEGA let me down. It truly was revolutionary for its time. PSO was huge for its time, when SEGA finally shut down the PSO servers its what prompted me to get an Xbox so that I could keep playing. Ten years ago you actually surf the net on your DC. The PS2, Xbox, N64, and currently the Xbox 360 dont have that feature. If Sega taught me one thing from the DC it is that I will NEVER buy a system on launch date again.
  • dipone - September 10, 2009 3:58 p.m.

the DC failed cause everyone was so far up sony's arse, everyone was saying i'm not buying the DC i'm waiting for the PS2 even though they knew nothing about it. To all them people you missed out big time, there is more than just sony out there, you play games for games not a brand
  • SausageLozenge - September 10, 2009 10:59 a.m.

The word seamen makes me laugh.
  • PanzerDSS - September 10, 2009 6:39 a.m.

Thanks for writing this, Mikel. The Dreamcast deserves respect and admiration as a great system that just didn't get the support it deserved. As Tyrell says in Blade Runner, "The star that burns twice as bright burns half as long." Good night, sweet prince.
  • neon6 - September 10, 2009 5:30 a.m.

R.I.P. Dreamcast. If it's anything, the PS2 will be joining you soon.
  • Architek9 - September 10, 2009 2:51 a.m.

Incredible article this really made me think
  • Ensoul - September 10, 2009 2:49 a.m.

"Never picked up" day one I mean. I really need to proof read.
  • tonloco - September 10, 2009 1:03 a.m.

I still have 3 DCs. They are awesome.
  • aequitas13 - September 10, 2009 12:46 a.m.

Power Stone FTW! I'd never been a big fan of many genres till the dreamcast came along... fighting games especially, but I loved Power Stone and Soulcalibur. We spent hours in college playing Ready to Rumble, Power Stone, Crazy Taxi, and TENNIS... of all freaking things Tennis was a blast on Dreamcast. Plus, the 2K series dominated!