Topics

Rockstar

• BluesyFish - September 15, 2010 11:24 p.m.

• philipshaw - September 15, 2010 2:07 p.m.

I would love to see Bully 2, me and my cousin will still bring it up on occassion, it was and still is a great game
  • AuthorityFigure - September 15, 2010 11:23 a.m.

The Scholarship Edition is the only Rockstar game that I've completed. It was excellent, and wasn't bogged down the baggage that GTAX has.
  • EsotericFerret - September 15, 2010 10:44 a.m.

I would love to play Bully 2 having jut played through Bully not a few months ago for the first time. It was great and loads of fun.
  • WaveMaster - September 15, 2010 3:06 a.m.

I loved Bully. And I played it on my PC, this summer with shitty sound effects. And yet I still loved every bit of it.
  • Randomwordcombination - September 15, 2010 2:31 a.m.

YES!! I agree completely
  • ElPolloRabidoso - September 15, 2010 1:37 a.m.

I remember doing so many stupid pranks in that game, like pelting the hall with marbles or stinkbombs and pulling the fire alarm. Please let me do stuff like that in Bully 2 Rockstar!
  • AshLynx - September 15, 2010 12:56 a.m.

Bully is still one of the funniest games I've ever played, probably top 3 along with games like Psychonauts and Magi Nation, I could never quite get into GTA, but I agree that Bully needs a sequel, and I'd preferably want one set in college too. As tongue in cheek as the first game was, there would be even more things to poke fun at in a college vs a high school. Not to mention that yeah, another high school version of it would definitely be too samey, what would be the point? As is, Bully is an awesome game, I'd hate to see it slip into obscurity so undeservedly.
  • bugmenot - September 15, 2010 12:48 a.m.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Bully is such a joy to play. I think it should still be at an academy though; I thought the high school setting was a nice contrast to games like GTA. Maybe for continuity they could have some of the younger characters from the first game appear as teenagers, and keep the same teachers. Also, I agree with whoever said the greasers should be replaced with goths. I think the preppies vs. greasers thing was a reference to The Outsiders, but it seems too weird to have greasers in a modern setting.
  • bradmillow0 - September 15, 2010 12:47 a.m.

I agree completely.
  • Zepaw - September 15, 2010 12:03 a.m.

I agree Bully 2 would be great, but I do not see college as the best game setting. Up for them showing me to be wrong though.
  • NOGIRLSIWANNAJETPACK - September 14, 2010 10:14 p.m.

Great Article!!!
  • Genericpenisjoketista - September 14, 2010 9:05 p.m.

Bully was an incredible game and it definitely deserves a sequel. I feel that it would be too redundant for the sequel to be set around Jimmy and Bullsworth Academy, though. It shouldn't be set at college, either. In a college setting, characters would be able to purchase alcohol, drive cars, even buy guns! The college setting would simply be too close to Grand Theft Auto to be a Bully game. If they were to make a college themed sandbox game, it would merit being its own title. I think that the new game would best be set at a new academy with all-new characters. Jimmy was fun and Bullsworth was great, but a new Bully game should feature a new everything. They do it for each GTA entry, they did it for the Red Dead series-- why not Bully as well? Here are my ideas for what it should incorporate: -----A Better Lead. Jimmy was sort of fun, but it would be better to have a more sympathetic lead character. I know that when I was in high school, I wasn't a short, husky ginger who was a dick to everyone who I met. -----Better friends. Jimmy really only had two friends in the first game, the first being a spineless pushover who rarely shows up, and the second being a villainous sociopath. ----More realistic cliques. They did a great job in the first game, but nowadays, jocks and preps are one. Greasers don't exist. The Townies were creepy and depressing to be around, too... Maybe they could put in a goth faction? You know- a faction of Hot-Topic wearing poser-misfits? How about a girl-clique or something? (Think the Plastics in "Mean Girls.") Another thing that Bully needs: Realistic graphics that are on-par with today's games. Obviously the graphics in the last one were allowed to be dated, but it should feature graphics that are actually realistic. I love the cartoony humor and plot, but the cartoony graphics should go. Oh, and the soundtrack needs to be as perfect as it was in the first game.
  • Montag - September 14, 2010 8:54 p.m.

@xenon 100% with you. Never finished a GTA, from any era, but those bloody rubber bands.....
  • ElAmmoBandito - September 14, 2010 8:40 p.m.

If so please make seasons.Just like in Bully
  • DreamWeaverPL - September 14, 2010 8:35 p.m.

hahahah oh wow You know how pathetic you all are? You know what's better than than playing a game about going to college? GOING to teh DAMN COLLEGE. It's a sandbox-type game and it has a whole new campus to explore. And you can do cool things like playing vidya games instead of going to the lectures. Lol.
  • kriscotw9 - September 14, 2010 8:27 p.m.

Im pretty sure one of the rockstar developers has already said they are working on this?
  • darkmagshin - September 14, 2010 7:37 p.m.

@xenon i would have to agree that bully does some things better than GTA, although i think there's room for both of them to exist. i could easily play both and enjoy both. i loved the heck out of bully on the pc (play it with a controller and all is well), and would love to see a next-gen version to play on my ps3!
  • IRIsH - September 14, 2010 7:30 p.m.

Bang you just hit the nail square on the head there, me and my mate plugged up the old ps2 about a fortnight ago to play some oldies and got to thinking bully should get a second outing. Sandbox titles are getting stale and bully 2 is needed, about time someone piped up and said so. Great article Justin
  • santaclouse37 - September 14, 2010 7:20 p.m.

Seeing as Rockstar's main audience IS college students (or relatively recent graduates), I can't see why a game which lets you do eveything on a virtual campus you couldn't in real life (or even just relive your glory days) wouldn't sell like hotcakes.