• cptnoremac - October 3, 2014 11:01 a.m.

It does not beg the question. Look up what the phrase means.
  • Dmancapri - January 19, 2012 6:14 p.m.

NAO DO POKEYMANS
  • eric-johns - January 14, 2012 10:50 a.m.

The Paper Mario series is not mentioned; also, the Mario & Luigi saga was not mentioned either.
  • jewfromdahood - January 12, 2012 9:12 a.m.

Am I the only one that realized they forgot a couple? Paper Mario hello! And you call yourselves gamers. How can you forget a single Mario game!
  • sleepyMexican45 - January 3, 2012 5 p.m.

Great article Henry!
  • chuckles454 - December 31, 2011 1:58 p.m.

Even though I know it isn't a "true" Mario game, Paper Mario has to be my favorite Mario game and possibly my favorite game of all time. While I'm not the hugest platformer fan, There just hasn't been a Mario game that works for me quite like the original Paper Mario. It's a timeless game if I've ever seen one.
  • Squirrel - December 31, 2011 12:36 a.m.

Well for a gamer who started with Super Mario Bros here how it goes: Best 3D Mario: Super Mario Galaxy 2/ runner up SM Galaxy 1 Best 2D Mario: Super Mario Bros 3/ runner up SMW2 Yoshi's Island Best Mario RPG: Super Paper Mario/ runner up Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
  • jenovalife1 - December 30, 2011 6:58 p.m.

why is everything so brown?
  • GameManiac - December 30, 2011 9:45 a.m.

I actually have the soundtracks for the two SMG games. You have every reason th say that the soundtrack is unforgettable.
  • AuthorityFigure - December 30, 2011 1:13 a.m.

All of the negative comments spoke to me throughout the article EXCEPT for those in the 'Galaxy games. To me, they are incredible and I suspect untouchable.
  • shawksta - December 31, 2011 10 p.m.

Unsuprisingly, they are, Both games literally took a Step up in terms of Platforming and set new standards, Galaxy 2 was "HOLY SHIT", nobody expected Nintendo would actually make a sequel that even MORE new standards.
  • officialjchamp - December 29, 2011 10:45 p.m.

"Remember when the PS2 was brand new? That was a nice feeling". I know exactly what you mean.
  • ryleigh-kieldsen - December 29, 2011 5:01 p.m.

What about Super Mario 64 DS!?!?
  • Lupus753 - December 30, 2011 11:35 p.m.

No remakes allowed.
  • XanderGC - December 29, 2011 4:49 p.m.

Nice article and an interesting take on the usual best/worst idea. For my money I would play Super Mario World over and over again over any of the other titles. I really enjoyed Sunshine and Yoshi's Island but Galaxy just struck me as Nintendo's attempt to prove that they were still out there for the hardcore crowd and even worse was the fact that they re-released the game as a sequel now with 30% more Yoshi!* I've lost faith in Nintendo over the last few years and I don't know what they can do to win me back.
  • DecoyOctorok - December 30, 2011 4:03 a.m.

Please just play them. Your comment makes me lose faith in gamers.
  • shawksta - December 31, 2011 9:55 p.m.

I agree with DecoyOctorok, Play them. That is REALLY stupid to say you "Lost faith in Nintendo" because of 2 of the best Platforming games ever, and calling Galaxy 2 a "Sequel with 30% yoshi" without playing it is just weak, there's a REASON why it got 10's
  • Crimmy - December 29, 2011 3:12 p.m.

How has Justin not raged on the Sonic comment yet? Also I think Sonic games are good in their own right (excluding the newer ones that nobody likes).
  • zimmer-remmiz - January 1, 2012 2:10 p.m.

Well the newest Sonic games actually kick loads of ass, i.e. Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations...