• number1hitjam - July 7, 2009 6 p.m.

I like how the 3D goes into the screen rather than out. I think tasteful use of 3D could actually work. I also can't help thinking "sixaxis" when I see this
  • nyef - July 7, 2009 5:32 p.m.

not third... wow im dumb reCAPTCHA: been triple
  • nyef - July 7, 2009 5:31 p.m.

idk 3d could be a great idea... or epic fail in my opinion nice addition of zombies ate my neighbors, thought everyone forgot about it ......third.... meh
  • Nin10DOH - July 7, 2009 5:31 p.m.

agreed with killdrone. Im sure Nintendo would be the first with virtual reality maybe a less fail virtual boy?
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - July 7, 2009 5:30 p.m.

ZAMN cosplay ftw
  • kubes - July 7, 2009 5:11 p.m.

i sort of agree with kill drone but 3D has gone from spy kids 3 to Coraline and it has been a huge improvement Recaptcha: In Playtex
  • KillDrone - July 7, 2009 5:03 p.m.

I think we can skip the 3D step and just go straight to virtual reality. I don't really need to be completely immersed in the game that I'm playing by having it look like I'm really getting shot at.
  • krazy53143 - July 10, 2009 10:05 p.m.

i think that this is stupid it says right their u have to have a certain t.vi just spent money on a new t.v not wasting more money on that
  • disturbedanomaly36 - July 10, 2009 6:44 p.m.

hey, i just remembered something, remember that one suckass 3D movie that came out not too long after the last superbowl? that crapass piece of animation made by Dreamworks? it was a piece of crap matched only by the werehog. hopefully 3D will be cooler than that crap and be more like Monster of Black Lagoon 3D, which i thought was pretty cool
  • astral_dragon_2099 - July 10, 2009 6:19 p.m.

The local theatre uses battery-powered 3-D glasses, which automatically turn on when you enter the theatre. Good technology, but by wearing the glasses, I'm constantly reminded that I'm watching a movie, which makes it impossible to get into it like I usually do. Does anyone remember gaming's broken promises and sad attempts at Virtual Reality? There's a reason they gave up. 3-D technology might be great right now. But it will always be a useless gimick to me. Like Hover-cars, it'll never be the standard.
  • Spybreak8 - July 10, 2009 2:56 a.m.

Fine by me, by the time this actually standardizes It will be a decent price to upgrade then. I look forward to the possibilities and maybe even working with it in the future.
  • NastyRobotHickey - July 8, 2009 11:16 p.m.

I'd like it, as long as I don't have to wear uncomfortable crap on my head (I already have enough problems with condoms).
  • mcoll_17 - July 8, 2009 7:54 p.m.

I think 3d is the next step in gaming. I own a PC with a Samsung Syncmaster and Nvidia 3d and it just looks awesome.
  • mckillustrator - July 8, 2009 5:51 p.m.

omg a game like Mirrors Edge in 3D?! i think I just ji**ed all over my computer.... phew i didn't....but wow just imagining the kind of games that could be played in real 3D, not that red blue/green bull is really exciting. probably would add some emotional levels most people don't have when playing games....like fear, lol. if developers can get gamers to piss their pants from playing a game like fear or condemned in 3D that would be awesome. sucks about having to upgrade to a better tv though.....guess i'll have to get a job after all
  • sean1773 - July 8, 2009 12:44 p.m.

imagine this working together with Natal which can detect your depth to adjust accordingly with the game
  • nutella - July 8, 2009 6:45 a.m.

doomdoomdoom is right, wii deserves a first class seat in hell. and umm yeah the guy alll the way at the top is right 3d should be skipped alltogether its bullshit. VR for the future
  • marioman523 - July 8, 2009 6:09 a.m.

not first!
  • Dibbz - July 8, 2009 12:35 a.m.

Call me oldskool or a mindless techtard but i think this 3D stuff is nonsense...i mean when has gaming become about wanting such visual depth. I mean i dont kno about other ppl but i play games solely to beat some other guys sorry ass. So i'm asking when has gaming been about being so well immersed in a game that your practically in ur own virtual world. They already load us down with gaming headsets and all kinds of other nifty gadgets online. i mean could u imagine how u would look with a pair of heatset on while still wearing a pair of 3d glasses? While u push away at the buttons on the controller while your kids steer at you like your some kind of alien freak? i mean come on. what r they gonna think of next? A whole fuckin virtual room jus to play in!? while ur suited in the latest "geothermal touch sensitive suite" so u can feel every bullet that comes in contact with ur body while ur playin a fast-paced FPS? u'll probably be in there for days away from reality while your wife is in here bedroom waiting for u to come and give her some loving but instead ur locked up in a room punching fuckin zombies and cleaning a gun thats not even real. I think this 3d shit is for the real fucking gaming freaks(not even hardcore gamers...the gaming freaks!!!), who wont stop at nothing to play a game that is so immersive that their in their own vitual world. Well everyone has there opinion on things and this is my opinion, there comes a time when enough is enough... Boy this the longest ****ing post i have ever wrote...
  • twishart - July 8, 2009 12:16 a.m.

It's funny how Zombies Ate My Neighbours! has made me a more patient person - those higher levels used to beat the SHIT out of me, and I'd still come back for more. At the risk of sounding nostalgic: Why don't they make games like this anymore? I still have that game on SNES.
  • Sabtos - July 7, 2009 11:22 p.m.

Nice to see Wipeout mentioned.