Topics

rpg

• pl4y4h - December 14, 2012 6:06 p.m.

Hahahaha was not expecting to see Boney on this list. Personally I would have either chosen him, Duster, or Salsa. And for FFX I would've taken Auron or Kimahri as well.
  • scifly - December 14, 2012 8:46 p.m.

Agree with Auron but my Kumahri was a terrible party member because of how severely I ruined his sphere grid. Basically the only thing he would do was use self-destruct for my own sick enjoyment.
  • pl4y4h - December 15, 2012 9:26 a.m.

you raise a good point on the sphere grid. Everyone had a definite route that was useful except for him.
  • taokaka - December 14, 2012 6:03 p.m.

I normally have a love for quirky characters in rpgs like pascall from tales of graces f and vanille from ff13 (that's right I liked Vanille. Come at me bro!) But my top 3 are kasumi from mass effect 2, she was so useful in battle and her initiation mission was an awesome undercover party heist. My next choice is my salamence from pokemon. However my favourite is Shiki from the world ends with you.
  • avantguardian - December 14, 2012 5:51 p.m.

excellent question, gr. so many choices...all the squaresoft games, megaten, suikoden. let alone the 'western' ones. my favorite, though, was truly the main character in a game with no true lead protagonist. witty, kind, resourceful, with a hottie rabbit chewbacca to his han solo with earrings. i am of course, talking about balthier from ff13. simply the best.
  • tomasfr89 - December 14, 2012 5:37 p.m.

Did no one even though of HK-47?! Stupid meatbags...
  • ObliqueZombie - December 14, 2012 5:26 p.m.

Garrus might be my number one, but I have a soft spot for the innocent Estelle from Tales of Vesparia.
  • Bloodstorm - December 14, 2012 5:19 p.m.

Loved Garrus, especially in ME3. Best companion in a video game ever. I also enjoyed the combination of Morigan, Shale, and the war hound in DA:O, they had many entertaining interactions with each other. I liked Fawkes from Fallout 3, but mostly because he was a death machine, and not so much that he was compelling.
  • obviouslyadouche - December 14, 2012 4:14 p.m.

Joshua from the world ends with you.
  • Edias - December 14, 2012 4:07 p.m.

Since there aren't any females on this list; I just want to add that Morrigan (Dragon Age) and Viconia (Baldur's Gate) are both awesome, and they are two of my favorite RPG characters ever.
  • Hobogonigal - December 14, 2012 7:21 p.m.

There was one, but its always good to have a few more :)
  • Rhymenocerous - December 15, 2012 5:22 a.m.

Morrigan... Yessssssss........
  • oryanbelt - December 14, 2012 3:36 p.m.

Top 5: 1. Auron from Final Fantasy X- To much bad ass in one man 2. Sazh from Final Fantasy 13- Trying to save his son, enough said... 3. Jade from Tales of Abyss- So feared, that he had a seal placed on him at the beginning of the game and the biggest troll to boot 4. Mordin from Mass Effect Series- While being a bit of a mad scientist; He makes me laugh almost every time he talks 5. Sheena from Tales of Symphonia- Sent from another world to kill the only hope for this world to save her world from this tug-of-war for mana, but eventually helps to save both worlds from a crazy, fake angel's plot with the help of the people she was suppose to kill, but instead befriended. That's one crazy story to deal with
  • SurrealBrouhaha - December 14, 2012 3:16 p.m.

Jesus that's a tough one... I suppose I'll go with Robo from Chrono Trigger. He's just a big, clunky, and unbelievably loveable tank! He also sings me sweet, sweet Rick Astley lullabies...
  • J-Fid - December 14, 2012 2:39 p.m.

Totally agree with Cundy on Darumakka and Darmanitan. What awesome Pokemon.
  • DragonLord23 - December 14, 2012 2:28 p.m.

Tali and Garrus.
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - December 14, 2012 2:31 p.m.

Best squadmates in the Mass Effect series? Best squadmates in the Mass Effect series. ...Mordin and Wrex tie in for a close 2nd.
  • FierceDeity - December 14, 2012 2:24 p.m.

Haha glad Boney got a mention. I though Kumatora in Mother 3 was great and Jeff in Earthbound.
  • Nocturne989 - December 14, 2012 2:20 p.m.

Yosuke and Teddie from Persona 4 Everyday's Great at Your Junes!
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - December 14, 2012 2:13 p.m.

I love everything about Darumaka and Darmanitan. I love how they look like Daruma dolls but are also crazy-awesome in battle. Also, Solaire from Dark Souls was a pretty cool guy. It's absolutely heartwarming to hear him invite you to the Sunbros. He feels like a breath of fresh air a game-world that's so cold and dark (not that I mind the hostile atmosphere).
  • metalgatesolid - December 14, 2012 2:09 p.m.

Final Fantasy X, Dragon Quest and Dark Chronicle all have great supporting casts. I really cant wait for Ni No Kuni and see which character I will warm to the most.