• musashi1596 - January 26, 2010 5:43 p.m.

Possibly total bullshit? Read: Definitely. I'm disappointed, it's clear that the 360 favouritism still has a grip on the site.
  • MaynardJ - January 26, 2010 10:55 a.m.

Made a few mistakes, so here it is again: Xeacons: Good point. More hardcore Wii games would give me a reason to finally buy one. Right now I own a 360 and a PC, but I haven't played a PC game in months. The hardware is getting obsolete and I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to keeping this thing fast (perhaps not recording so many movies and TV shows with my Media Center and rapidly cluttering my hard drive with them?). It's a pity; I used to be a big fan of RTS but haven't played one since Red Alert 2. I'm still buying PC games (mostly shooters and RTS) but they're gathering dust. The Telltale episodic games and other downloadable stuff like this (http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-worlds-best-counterfeit-games/a-20080326123551320015) look very promising though. Ironically, I've been mostly catching up with my previous-gen games in the past year, finally finishing Resident Evil 4 and PoP: The Two Thrones (and Paper Mario, Pikmin 2, Killer7 Zelda Four Swords, Metroid Prime 2 and Viewtiful Joe 2 still to do) on my old Gamecube, and I got a PS2 in 2008 to play Ico and Shadow of the Colossus (which I loved, by the way). Multiple parts of God of War, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank are waiting in line together with Okami. On the 360, all I played was the new Prince of Persia, Guitar Hero World Tour, Castle Crashers, PoP Classic, Peggle and Braid. I got Arkham Asylum for my birthday, which will be a lot of fun this year. Being such a retro guy, what could I say about the present generation? Given what I like to play and a new gaming experience I'm looking for, I would have the best time playing The Last Guardian, but the Wii also has multiple new titles I'd love to play. So, I might buy a PS3 or Wii, or I might start playing more on my 360. To me, no single console is the best but I think the PS3 will "win" 2010 by catching up even more to the 360 than it already did last year. Me, I'll probably have the most fun with my new DS. I finished New SMB on my nephew's DS during the holidays, and it was so much fun I just had to get one myself.
  • MaynardJ - January 26, 2010 10:37 a.m.

Xeacons: Good point. More hardcore Wii games would give me a reason to finally buy one. Right now I own a 360 and a PC, but I haven't played a PC game in months. The hardware is getting obsolete and I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to keeping this thing fast (perhaps not recording so many movies and TV shows with my Media Center and rapidly cluttering my hard drive with them?). It's a pity; I used to be a big fan of RTS but haven't played one since Red Alert 2. I'm still buying PC games (mostly shooters and RTS) but they're gathering The Telltale episodic games and other downloadable stuff like this (http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-worlds-best-counterfeit-games/a-20080326123551320015) look very promising though. Ironically, I've been mostly catching up with my previous-gen games in the past year, finally finishing Resident Evil 4 and PoP: The Two Thrones (and Paper Mario, Pikmin 2, Killer7 and Zelda Four Swords, Metroid Prime 2 and Viewtiful Joe 2) on my old Gamecube, and I got a PS2 in 2008 to play Ico and Shadow of the Colossus (which I loved, by the way). Multiple parts of God of War, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank are waiting in line together with Okami. On the 360, all I played was the new Prince of Persia, Guitar Hero World Tour, Castle Crashers, PoP Classic, Peggle and Braid. I got Arkham Asylum for my birthday, which will be a lot of fun this year. Being such a retro guy, what could I say about the present generation? Given what I like to play and a new gaming experience I'm looking for, I would have the best time playing The Last Guardian, but the Wii also has multiple new titles I'd love to play. So, I might buy a PS3 or Wii, or I might start playing more on my 360. To me, no single console is the best but I think the PS3 will "win" 2010 by catching up even more to the 360 than it already did last year. Me, I'll probably have the most fun with my new DS. I finished New SMB on my nephew's DS during the holidays, and it was so much fun I just had to get one myself.
  • FreekinIdiot - January 26, 2010 10:25 a.m.

Gotta love fanboys. Good article fellas, I don't care who wins to be honest. After all with each corporation pumping so much money into each of their consoles in a bid to smash the competition surely the REAL winners this year will be us gamers? You can't deny competition is a good thing as it pushes MS/Sony and Nintendo to keep pushing their systems to the limit and we're the one's who will benefit from that.
  • Octaviux - January 26, 2010 9:36 a.m.

PC wins, don't kid your noob-casual self
  • Cyberninja - January 26, 2010 1:17 a.m.

time to be a fanboy i guess i owned a wii for years without a ps3 to play the more hardcore games and i say its a good consle that devopers dont support because us hardcore have a supiority conplex thats tells us we cant be happy good games are for good systems like TvC a bunch of a holes say the wont buy it because its for wii thats why its dying you douces you wont buy anything good and then you complain it has no good games its a consle that is easily better then xbox because without the online that lost its true focus gaming for twitter and movies aleast with wii you can have free online and you dont have to download any casual channels if you dont want to. i think the ps3 will win it has better games that cant be played on PC which i respect the xbox is a fail since i can walk into high school and hear kids talking about cod. i am by no means saying its bad i am just saying if microsoft would not go casaul like wii i would like it a bit more its so loaded down with useless junk i dont see its point and wii will be hardcore this year if you let it live and support the good games
  • Xeacons - January 25, 2010 11:53 p.m.

GR picks 360. Who didn't see that coming? As far as console sales go, Wii's got the lead; always has/will. Doesn't matter (most of that won't even go to gamers). What matters now is games, and yes, it will probably be the 360, just like last year. Hopefully, the introduction of Project Natal and Sony's "wand" will encourage 3rd party developers hoping to catch casual players. That means one thing: SHOVELWARE! But that's good; it means that all the crap swamping the Wii should be more evenly divided between the 3 systems, giving the 3rd party exclusives, like Grinder, Red Steel 2, Conduit 2 etc., a better chance.
  • TheWebSwinger - January 25, 2010 9:53 p.m.

"Achievements are still more understandable than Trophies". Really? They're both really extremely simple to understand, in my opinion...
  • nik41507 - January 25, 2010 9 p.m.

@Felixthecat: He Felix. By not caring about PC you have incurred the wrath of Kane ( The villian in C&C.)
  • nik41507 - January 25, 2010 8:55 p.m.

@DeadGirls: Your right.But you have to realize the publishers are there to make money. That is thee purpose in life. @crumbdunky: The sales figures are for overall. So for the past 4-5 years thats how many hae been sold. Now ps3 has been selling more monthly bbut overall it is xbox. I don't think Natal will be that great either. Natal is pretty much doomed. @g4m3rk1dd: Pokemon already hs more fans than WoW. MapleStory, a non-subscription based sidescolling RPG has 100 million users worldwide.In total of all the people who ever made an account and playes it. Thats more than WoW. In America it has like 10 million. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MapleStory
  • Felixthecat - January 25, 2010 8:53 p.m.

Time to sound like an asshole... Anyone who say's "WOAH MAN TEH WII SHUD BEE CRUSHD INTO DUST BYE TEH PSFWEE N FWEE60" is severly retarded. Out of the 3 main consoles, I own a Wii and 360. No PS3. Now don't get me wrong, I AM considering getting a PS3, but I'm not in a hurry to purchase one anyway. Anyway, my point is, the Wii is a console, not some shitty gimick crap. Anyone who say's that needs to IMMEDIATELY kill themselves. Concerning the topic in hand, no one will win this year. The Wii's exclusives look amazing, and as this article say's, 3rd party developers are also making amazing games. The promise Nintendo has made is fantastic, and show's some form of improvement on Nintendo's part. So well done Nintendo I guess. The 360's year will be also great, Halo Reach looks amazing, but sadly, thats ABOUT it, besides Fable III anyway, but we now how retards think Molineux is some form of lunatic. Anyway, I think the 360's year, like the other consoles, will be good, IF a LITTLE below the standard that shall be set by PS3/Wii. Overall, it will be a good year, if NOT as good IMO. And the PS3's year looks superb, the releases looks amazing and it should be the year that pushes sales a lot. I can't really say much about it other than the fact the PS3's year looks bright. And PC? I couldn't care less. /bastardness
  • hudiscapidicus - January 25, 2010 8:42 p.m.

I don't really care who "wins" this (competition makes for better games, so we the gamers are the real winners on the day), but I have a question about the verdict: Surely by definition if the ps3 closes the gap on lead that the 360 has, that means that the ps3 will have a better year, correct?
  • g4m3rk1dd - January 25, 2010 8:28 p.m.

and why are ppl still talking about the sales? im sure i clearly read that this wasnt about sales so why say "so-and-so will outsell so-and-so" grow brains and learn to read.
  • JiMmYjOe159 - January 25, 2010 7:16 p.m.

your just stupid to not think 360 has the best year i have a ps3 and i admit 360 has a class year and everyone who says they dont is just a fanboy of either wii or ps3
  • defiantroyroy - January 25, 2010 6:23 p.m.

I predict 2010 will be the year the vic 20 rises from the ashes and trumps them all!
  • g4m3rk1dd - January 25, 2010 5:10 p.m.

if project natal was given a hardcore game to work with *coughgearsofwarcoughhalocough* that would truely be revolutionary in gaming...hell in technology period on the other hand if nintendo suddenly decided to, as read in an earlier article, go "online" with a game like pokemon...that would VERY rapidly outsell possibly ANYTHING known to man >.> just imagine and and others walking through tall grass finding pokemon or attempting to "raid" and/or capture the more legendary. im willing to bet that even WoW couldnt compete with that is they did every thing right i dont know enough about the PS3 to say anything negative or positive about it...i like the blue ray feature and they have some good games...nuff said
  • crumbdunky - January 25, 2010 1:13 p.m.

Erm , the 360 is still outselling the PS3? No, no it isn't. Worldwide the PS3 has gained hand over fist since the price cut and only some quick measures kept MS from seeing the 360 fall behind Sony's sales line for longer in the US(about the only place on the planet where the 360 still outsells the PS3-yeah it's the biggest single market but it ISN'T as big as the rest of the owrld. Not even close). I'm sorry but that US centric thing bugs me when SCEE join in and even more when someone who I don't think is a total fool(unlike every single employee ever at SCEE)does it. As for the year itself: Right nw I'd go with Sony as I'd put them slightly ahead on what's so far announced and think they have a TON of thimngs underwraps from what I know personally of the UK(SF5 is coming for one-but there's a few more even here)and can safely guess of the rest of Sony's devs. Jaffe will bring TM and Starhawk(if that's what it's called) will arrive from DJ's lot. I fear MS have announced more of their line up than they usually would as last year was a bit sparse leading them to play cards sooner at last E3 than is their MO. Of course a lot hinges onNatal and Wandy woo and their line ups(or more importantly where the fu&k is their analog stick solution-neither have one as yet and without a good answer to that problem they can both give up right now)at release but, imo, the Wii will continue to beast that market as casual gamers know how it works and trust it and will reccommend it to mates thinking about Sony or MS in the future too. Anothe pair of mid term peripheral fails for my money unless they both get a LOT more impressive than what we've seen. Seriously, we know sod all and people are calling Natla the future? It's E3 show was mostly staged and still it messed up! Is THAT the future? Not yet it isn't(boom boom)and won't be unless it really works and gets BOTH casuals and core gamers on board and I just don't se how we'll play FPS/RPG better with it than with controllers. I think people forget how effin easy pressing buttons is if I'm honest! I mean all that "I can change channel waving my arms about " BS! I can do it by moving one frikkin finger fella, beat that!!? i'm not anti motion controls aand will gladly jump on both bandwagons if they're amazing but they have to be BETTER for their job than a controller currewntly is and only a few Wii games in three years can really say that.
  • K1nG78 - January 25, 2010 12:37 p.m.

I would love to know what some of the guys who put these arguments up do for a living. If us gamers can argue like this over a fucking console surely we could run a government. All seriousness =]
  • CAPST3R - January 25, 2010 11:45 a.m.

robotechandnarutosucks, learn how to spell. As always, the Wiimwill sell loads, the 360 will bring out slightly modified versions of things we've already seen (eyetoy?), PS3 will continue to follow the 360 on it's suicidal, yet successful path, while starting up a few new half-decent franchises, and the PC will have a million RPGs, MMORPGs, RTSs, and various other abbreviations, while constantly updating and having media-inflated scandals thrown at MS (for 360 and windows). Hasn't anyone noticed that MS will still earn money from games, even if the 360 dies? And the 360 won't get blu-ray for quite some time, as it's a Sony brand, and Sony probably aren't going to sell one of their main money-makers to their closest competitor. That's the goddamn truth, and you know it. By the way, I don't hate games, I'm just a very rational, un-biased PS3 owner. However, I'm pretty sure that people will, somehow, make me out as a fanboy, sexual predator, other assorted criminals, and a person with a mental disability. My money's on the latter.
  • Darth Slayer - January 25, 2010 8:42 a.m.

I agree with the outcome but just so you know, Halo: Reach will not feature Master Chief. He has been retired and is in cryo sleep until Microsoft and 343 Industries intend to wake him up and completely destroy the franchise (Halo: Legends is so inaccurate, it's sad). As for Mass Effect 2, why wouldn't you get it?