We Recommend

• Xtapolapopotamus - October 17, 2013 7:08 p.m.

Anywhere snowy or cold. Skyrim (the entirety of it, really) was beautiful and perfect for me. I grew up in southern California, so it was summer pretty much all year, and I hate hot weather, so... yeah. Gimme a beautiful snowy forest or mountain area and I'm in heaven.
  • Xtapolapopotamus - October 17, 2013 8:13 p.m.

Yeah.... I lived in Riverside county, about 90 miles north of San Diego. Crappy valley where it rained like 7 days a year at best, "cold" "winter" was like... 65 maybe. Blech. So much sun and warm and gross. Skyrim was a paradise in comparison! Like you mentioned in the post it was colorful and beautiful, snowy, northern lights... So awesome.
  • taokaka - October 17, 2013 6:59 p.m.

My favourite video game location is the USG Ishimura from dead space, the atmosphere of it was unlike any other game I've played. Never before had I experienced a setting where I was scared to advance any further but was so intrigued by it that I just had to trek further in. Also Nepal (uncharted 2), Blackreach (skyrim), Heskeville (gravity rush) and everywhere in the last of us are all very close second places.
  • ivan-osorio - October 17, 2013 6:55 p.m.

I'm going to be that guy and say Silent Hill. Sure, there may be monster which are representations of my psyche and may or may not be out to kill me at every corner... But the town is just so quaint in an absolutely f*cked up way. Love it.
  • Verenitz - October 17, 2013 6:48 p.m.

Most definitely anywhere in Albion (mainly Fable TLC). All those chickens that could use a good ol' fashioned kickin' by mine foot...ah...I dream...
  • JustAnotherRogueAI - October 17, 2013 6:07 p.m.

Probably Boston in AC3. Never before has a video game city felt more alive to me than when I first stepped into the harbor. Most games, including past AC games, just fill the streets with people going absolutely nowhere. Everyone in AC3 seemed to have a place they were going, something they were doing, and a lot on their mind. The shouts of vendors, yells of playing kids, and conversations between what appeared to be good friends all came together to make the perfect city. Honestly, it all made me stop and question the killing on numerous occassions... then I got over it, turned a corner, and stabbed a guard in the back. Say what you will about AC3, but for me it was absolutely gorgeous.
  • mikell-czermendy - October 17, 2013 6:59 p.m.

You just made me want to go back and play it again.
  • garnsr - October 17, 2013 5:58 p.m.

I already live in Hawaii. But I'd say anywhere that Amaterasu has just restored life to, as all the flowers are popping up and trees are bursting into leaves. Or, one of those fields in Flower where the wind has blown blossoms through and brought back all the color.
  • EAC73 - October 17, 2013 5:45 p.m.

This is tough, but off the top of my head I would have to go with the Lilith Dance Club stage in DmC. The bright visuals in that stage, mixed with my favorite track from the DmC makes it completely awesome. I wouldn't mind replaying DmC just for that stage.
  • NK_500 - October 17, 2013 5:34 p.m.

Los Santos. Well that's because I can see some topless women in semi-public places. Liberty City was fine too but unfortunately there aren't any topless women despite it's been legal for women to gout topless in public places in New York since 1992. Maybe Liberty City isn't New York despite heavily modeled after it.
  • ABACADA6494 - October 17, 2013 5:24 p.m.

The realm of Shadow of the Colossus. That whole world was breathe-taking.
  • mikell-czermendy - October 17, 2013 5:13 p.m.

Mine would have to be that last planet you go to at the end of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, near where the starforge is. Absolutely gorgeous.
  • winner2 - October 17, 2013 5:01 p.m.

I'd have to say renaissance italy in AC2. There's something incredibly beautiful in just walking the rooftops under the moonlight, and strolling a bustling street in the marketplaces.
  • winner2 - October 17, 2013 6:30 p.m.

Wait, I change mine, I just remembered my experience going through the Concubine's area in the 2008 Prince of Persia. When I got to the top of the spire of dreams, I never wanted to leave. I just wanted to sit there and talk to Elika for the rest of the game, it's one of the most beautiful views i've seen in a game, ever.
  • TanookiMan - October 17, 2013 4:45 p.m.

I know it's kind of cliched, but I'd probably say Mexico in Red Dead Redemption. The beauty of the sky, riding horses with Jose Gonzalez music, epic cliffs... if you ignore all the rebels it was just so peaceful!
  • Talvari - October 17, 2013 4:42 p.m.

Pretty much anywhere from Xenoblade Chronicles. That game made an effort to make day / night for most areas feel different. Valak Mountain and Satorl Marsh during the night in particular. The music and atmosphere for both places are fantastic.
  • DeeEss - October 17, 2013 4:38 p.m.

I'mma say Oakfield in Falbe 2. It's just so green and lush, and filled with friendly country hicks who love you for playing the lute. Paradise on earth.
  • ObliqueZombie - October 17, 2013 4:16 p.m.

Oh Jesus, uhh... the first that comes to memory is that place in Skyrim that's part of the main story. The really bright and colorful cave that has an enormous ceiling. I grasped when I first entered that area.
  • winner2 - October 17, 2013 5:03 p.m.

Shit that's a good one, you mean blackreach? With all those giant glowing mushrooms?
  • mikell-czermendy - October 17, 2013 5:07 p.m.

Blackreach it is. And yeah, my eyes fell out of my face first time I went in there.
  • ObliqueZombie - October 17, 2013 8:08 p.m.

Yup, mikell has confirmed. Freaking LOVED that place.