• shawksta - October 24, 2013 7:52 p.m.

Mario party 8, i love it too much, even with its motion bullshit and luck based games, especially King Boo's Haunted Bash, thats like one of my favorite board out of all Mario Parties. also Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, sure Rare bait us in a negative direction but goddamn it i still love it.
  • Swedish_Chef - October 24, 2013 9:41 p.m.

Huh you mean I'm not the only person who liked Mario Party 8?
  • shawksta - October 24, 2013 10:56 p.m.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED IT All the boards were unique and had a different goal to get the star, they went back to character affecting items after the bore that was orbs in Mario Party 5-7, it was FUN :3
  • g1rldraco7 - October 24, 2013 7:32 p.m.

My guilty pleasure game is Skyrim because of the music, graphics and the world itself. When I'm controlling my Dovokin, my stress and worries fade away as I travel to fght dragons, shift into a werewolf and tear apart a bandit camp and clear out missions and caves full of treasure.
  • n00b - October 24, 2013 6:27 p.m.

I will step up and say both Rumble Roses XX and Dead or Alive Xtreme 2. The amount of time I've put into both those games just to unlock the costumes... well i could have gotten to diamond tier in League of Legends by now, on 2 accounts.
  • Rast - October 24, 2013 6:02 p.m.

Got to be Dead Island. I quite enjoyed both games. But towards that end, I apparently had no taste in games I was told.
  • jim-gee - October 24, 2013 5:59 p.m.

Sniper Elite V2.
  • winner2 - October 25, 2013 5:38 a.m.

God damn, I quit after 3 minutes
  • jim-gee - November 1, 2013 12:44 p.m.

Oh, it's terrible in the eyes of many, and I can understand why. I just played with a controller, and although it's repetitive, the sniper sections were really fun for me. No, I'm not a tasteless 11-year-old CoD fanboy, just in case anyone was thinking it..
  • FoxeoGames - October 24, 2013 5:18 p.m.

I gotta be honest... I did a review of Style Savvy Trendsetters for the 3DS (the demo), and I kinda enjoyed it. I actually went back a few times to continue playing after the review footage was all captured. I feel kinda odd about it, but it's true.
  • StrayGator - October 24, 2013 4:42 p.m.

Droplitz. It's like Tetris for casual gamers.
  • StrayGator - October 24, 2013 4:50 p.m.

and of course, LEGO Anything. All are basically remix/reskin of the first game with new "plots" and subtle, gradual additions in every installment. The gameplay is forgiving without being dull, The cutscenes are engaging enough to give enjoyable context for the initial playthrough and my OCD carries the post-campaign nicely.
  • slimjim441 - October 24, 2013 10:47 p.m.

• Cyberninja - October 24, 2013 6:42 p.m.

how does one make tetris more casual?
  • StrayGator - October 25, 2013 1:42 a.m.

lets you use a mouse and adds soothing sounds. Droplitz is not a tetris clone/variant, it has more to do mechanically with Pipe Dream, but it has the "tetris effect" of staying in your brain after playing, potentially visualizing before you when you close your eyes.
  • SonicHunter - October 24, 2013 4:37 p.m.

Super Smash Bros Brawl. If I ever feel down, or angry, or whatever, I call over my brother and dad and get them to play Brawl. I also decimate them. They hate that "NOW I'LL SHOW YA!" line so much.
  • EAC73 - October 24, 2013 4:31 p.m.

Mine would have to be APB. I played it since it was in beta, with Real Time Worlds making it. When it was revived as APB: Reloaded, I started back at it, despite the fact that they changed so much since the RTW version. I finally stopped playing it a couple of months ago.
  • Sy87 - October 24, 2013 4:25 p.m.

Strikers 19xx 3 Japanese Rom makes me feel like a boss getting those technical kills without bomb help. Shinobi girl is always fun too.
  • Danomeon - October 24, 2013 4:23 p.m.

Call of Duty is definitely my guilty pleasure game. You buy the game, and you're guaranteed a brief campaign with an action dial constantly turned up all the way. The games don't bullshit you with backtracking or the illusion of freedom, they just put you on a controlled roller coaster ride where you get to see a brief series of incredible setpiece moments with overblown budgets. Not concerned with introducing new mechanics or being creative, they just keep it familiar and introduce the variety in all of the explosive scripted sequences. Enemies put up little resistance, explosions fly everywhere, and I just get to relax and enjoy being an overpowered hero for a few hours. I'd liken Call of Duty campaigns to action movies, but even action movies stop between action sequences to build up tension and develop plot. Call of Duty is the only game series I can think of that just throws any semblance of pacing out the window in favor of pure action experiences that can be chewed through in a few hours. I like to bring a soft drink and a snack and play through them in one sitting, like munching popcorn in a movie theatre. It's really cathartic to play a game where I don't have to worry about picking up collectibles or getting lost. No stress at all. Same thing with the multiplayer. No complex mechanics to master, winning and losing is often irrelevant, and it constantly feeds you with instrant-gratification rewards and arbitrary rank-ups. It's so stupid, but that's so wonderful when I just want to chill out and have some mindless fun.
  • CitizenWolfie - October 25, 2013 10:33 a.m.

Call of Duty gets such a bad rap from people and even though I've had my fill of the series (didn't enjoy Black Ops 2), I love the CoD games that I own for every one of the reasons you mentioned above. I had an absolute blast on MW2 with a couple of friends and a beer.