• Clovin64 - December 18, 2012 1:53 p.m.

Its a bloody hard choice, but I'll go with VI. Those 16-bit graphics are timeless, and will always look fantastic, while the 3D games will eventually age graphically. The cast are fantastic, and while they don't all have huge complex character arcs, they all charming and lovable in their own right. Terra's search for love and belonging is one of the most heart-tugging character arcs in any RPG for me. VII, X and XII all score incredibly highly for me also.
  • someonetgsn - December 19, 2012 8:08 a.m.

Doesn't XIII get an honourable mention as well? If I am not mistaken, you have its main character as your profile picture. :D
  • Clovin64 - December 19, 2012 5:23 p.m.

I gave special mention to VII, X and XII because they're very close contenders for my No. 1 spot. But yeah, I'll give a mention to XIII. Its a great game and its in my Top 10 for this gen. I'll also give mention to IV, V, IX and XIII-2.
  • sixo T - December 18, 2012 1:30 p.m.

Since I haven't played much final fantasy games i'd say that my favorite would be Tactics
  • pl4y4h - December 18, 2012 1:13 p.m.

X is my favorite no question. Been playing VI recently and I'm really enjoying it as well so it was nice seeing those first two entries listed in a row. And no matter what anyone says, I enjoyed XIII.
  • Corsair89 - December 18, 2012 1:01 p.m.

I've played every FF game and I think that every FF game is simultaneously the best and the worst in the series. Any one can love or hate any FF game for any reason. FF means so much in so many different ways to so many different people that there is no arbitrary "best" FF, which is why I vastly prefer this type of article where it's opinion based and not a Top 7. As for me, my favorite-to-least-favorite goes: X, VII, VI, IV, V, XIII, IX, III, I, VIII, XII, II
  • hester2 - December 18, 2012 12:30 p.m.

I'm split between three. For the battle system, I'm with JMarsella on 10 being my favorite. For character customization, I absolutely love the Materia system in 7. For story, I go with 12. I really loved the angle the focus on the politics of the story, as well as the fair distribution of character stories between all the party members.
  • JMarsella09 - December 18, 2012 12:14 p.m.

10, the battle system is so much fun.