• Oxyjinn Prime - December 19, 2012 8:50 a.m.

VI for me please! I've enjoyed the series as a whole, but my memories of VI stick with me a lot more than the others.
  • sandplasma - December 19, 2012 6:08 a.m.

FF started going down the drain after FF X. I loved FF 7 and FF 9. FF X was acceptable. Everything after that ,crap.
  • someonetgsn - December 19, 2012 7:52 a.m.

You are wrong.
  • KnowYourPokemon - December 19, 2012 5:51 a.m.

Favourite is easily VI, followed closely by VII
  • avantguardian - December 19, 2012 3:32 a.m.

if you're counting everything, tactics, easily. numbered entries, 12 is my favorite, then 8, 7, 6.
  • Vincent Wolf - December 19, 2012 3:06 a.m.

7 ofc.
  • MeanwhileGuy - December 19, 2012 1:56 a.m.

Weirdly, and whenever I tell other FF fans this they look at me like I'm f*cking crazy, but mine's X-2. I mean, it's just the most *fun* out of the FF games, both gameplay wise and tonally. I love the series in general, but you folks have to agree that the games do get VERY melodramatic at times, VIII, X and XIII being particularly guilty of this (I can't play either VIII or X, because Squall and Tidus are just such a pair of whiny douchebags. Tidus in particular has to be the worst videogame "hero" ever, in my opinion.). X-2 was just pure, unadulterated fun, and the battle system kicked so much ass, even if by the end of the game you could exploit it to be massively over-powered, making Vegnagun an absolute breeze. Sure, the game was basically fanservice all the way through, and the plot was a bit throwaway, though the "1000 Words" scene was absolutely incredible, and utterly destroys "Eyes on Me". Plus, y'know, the Spira in X-2 is a happy, mostly peaceful Spira, which made the game just so much more enjoyable to explore. I'm going to stop before this turns into rambling, but I genuinely love this game, and it's up there with my favourite PS2 games of all time, along with DMC3, Kingdom Hearts 2, Shadow of the Colossus, and MGS3.
  • someonetgsn - December 19, 2012 8:03 a.m.

I never got into FFX-2 but I am glad that it has its own fanbase. FFX is my second favorite FF game, and it does not deserve to be let down by a bad sequel. You do have a point, FF does have its melodrama, but that is just a part of its identity. If FFX-2 caters to you because it gives you a break from all that, then that probably makes you one of the few to get the point of FFX-2.
  • DirkSteele1 - December 19, 2012 1:15 a.m.

Final Fantasy III (as we knew it in the West), or to give the game its proper chronological name, Final Fantasy VI on the SNES. I just finished it (on original SNES hardware) a couple of months ago, and loved every moment of it.
  • Jeff the Fridge - December 19, 2012 12:13 a.m.

I dunno, but definitely not XIII or XIV, They make me feel like Final Fantasy is going down the same track as Sonic the Hedgehog and Resident Evil
  • sandplasma - December 19, 2012 11:58 a.m.

exactly
  • JachAnen - December 19, 2012 midnight

Hard. VII - X are in the top, but VII does have the best storyline so have to go with that.
  • GutFunk - December 18, 2012 10:16 p.m.

It has to be without a doubt FFVI. The characters are just so great and develop the entire game, even the villain doesn't start off all powerful he has to earn it. Just timeless game and the terra/awakening/world map theme is burned in my memory.
  • hppop1 - December 18, 2012 10 p.m.

XII because of the gambit system
  • Darkhawk - December 18, 2012 9:59 p.m.

On a more serious note: FFVII, which I only played a year ago, absolutely blew me away with how sophisticated its story actually was. The way in which the narrative takes genuinely surprising turns, the way in which there are conflicting agendas at play, and - in particular - the way in which the flashbacks are handled (each re-telling of the fateful moment is different as The Truth gets filled in): it's nothing short of phenomenal. What a great video game.
  • Darkhawk - December 18, 2012 9:54 p.m.

dum-dum-dum-dum, dum. dum. dum-DUM-dummmm!
  • RonnyLive19881 - December 18, 2012 8:43 p.m.

X and XII are my favorites but when it came to Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior(Quest) I was(still am) a bigger fan of the latter. What is wrong with Wii Ware? I loved that title on there, World of Goo was great too.
  • Vulok - December 18, 2012 8:42 p.m.

Final Fantasy VI, followed closely by Final Fantasy Tactics.
  • winner2 - December 18, 2012 8:17 p.m.

None since I've never played them. Well I played X I think for a bit up to the point where I got the first god bird summon thing, but I didn't like it too much.