• shawksta - December 9, 2013 3:06 p.m.

Personal favorite GOTY and the true GOTY are definitely 2 different things. With true GOTY means a game that the industry can learn from and exceeded expectations to a greater good to the future of gaming. Personal is just flat out games we all loved and cant stop loving. Last year i rabbled that its a 3 way tie between Far Cry 3, Kid Icarus Uprising and Borderlands 2. As for this year, its tough, considering there's still games of this year i still need to play and that its more than just one. Bioshock Infinite is just amazing, both gameplay and storytelling dumbfounded me and just kept me awaiting what was gonna happen next, Metro Last Light's atmosphere was just damn, sure there were tons of post apocalyptic stuff but this game knew how to keep it creepy while not being a major scary game. Keeping track of ammo and the story was definitely interesting. I am currently loving Mario and Luigi Dream Team. The artstyle is just nice eye candy and i love how it mixed the best of all 3 past games in subtle ways. One of the things i love is how Bosses being defeated now just has an overexaggeration like Partners in Time, it felt good beating them. The gameplay was solid, the Luigi gameplay was just fun and dont get me started on the references and GODDAMN THIS GAMES MUSIC. ITS JUST GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. And even then i still got more games to play, i just got my Xbone in the mail on Friday and just yesterday by a MASSIVE luck with good moves from me and my brother unawarely, i manage to finally get a Wii U. All i need now is the Zelda 3DS Link Between Worlds 3DS XL and im all set :D Now i just need to buy games, to which i didnt have money for, all i have right now is Dead Rising 3,Ryse, Killer Instinct and Forza 5 that came with the pack i bought, and Wind Waker HD. Still got a ton of other games to buy, especially Wii U.
  • universaltofu - December 9, 2013 3:17 p.m.

Dream team's music really surprised me with how good it was.
  • shawksta - December 9, 2013 3:50 p.m.

I listen to its boss music on a daily basis
  • winner2 - December 9, 2013 2:41 p.m.

That's a really tough question. I don't really have one. I can say that it's between Tomb Raider, GTAV, and AC4.
  • EAC73 - December 9, 2013 2:25 p.m.

My favorite game of the year is either Tomb Raider or Pokeomon Y. I would probably go with Pokemon just because of how much replay value it has held for me. I already ran through the game twice, with each playthrough lasting about 30-40 hours, and I plan on playing it again when Pokemon Bank is out.
  • universaltofu - December 9, 2013 2:10 p.m.

Gone Home.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - December 9, 2013 2:07 p.m.

GTAV, although Bioshock and Black Flag are close behind it.
  • Sjoeki - December 9, 2013 2:05 p.m.

My favorite game of the year... Don't know really. Loved Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Beyond: Two Souls and GTA V, tough choice! Have another question for Ask Gamesradar: What was your favorite DLC of the year? I think mine would have to be the Citadel DLC for Mass Effect 3, that was just amazing!
  • BladedFalcon - December 9, 2013 1:42 p.m.

Personal favorite is by far The Last of Us. No other game this year left such an impact on me, and to me it exceeded expectations in every area that mattered, gameplay, music, graphics, setting, story and characters. I also didn't expect to like it so much because I actually never understood the high praise Uncharted 2 had gotten back in 2009, so while I expected this game to be good, I was afraid it would be overhyped.... No such thing, at all. There were a lot of great games this year, but to me this one broke the mold, and set the bar higher for games in general.
  • LordZarlon - December 9, 2013 1:27 p.m.

My favorite is definitely StarCraft 2 Heart of the Swarm! Best intro movie ever!
  • universaltofu - December 9, 2013 3:58 p.m.

Got it for black Friday, hasn't arrived yet though, excited to play it though.