• Scratch23 - December 11, 2013 6:10 p.m.

I have to go with Bioshock. I listen to it all the time and just every track captures everything that's amazing about that game. Especially my two favorite tracks: "Elizabeth" and "Will the circle be unbroken".
  • GoldenEagle1476 - December 12, 2013 5:17 a.m.

I agree. And I shed many tears when 'will the circle be unbroken' was played.
  • Jacko415 - December 13, 2013 3:11 a.m.

^^THIS. +"Welcome to Columbia..." Short yet awe inspiring.
  • dlam - December 11, 2013 6:04 p.m.

VI's LEAGUE OF LEGENDS LAUNCH SCREEN SOUNDTRACK BETTER THAN ALL 5 CHOICES FU ALL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c5AxhyaliQ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • freeden - December 11, 2013 6:03 p.m.

I'm going to throw my hat off to Ni No Kuni. Great soundtrack that reminded me of a Ghibli movie. It's a shame that game isn't getting more recognition as it really deserves it. It's a fantastic game.
  • BlueBoboDoo100 - December 11, 2013 5:31 p.m.

Sonic Lost World. Amazing sound track,I downloaded it the day it released on iTunes. I was a fan of Pokemon X and Y as well. In the category of most underrated/ignored soundtrack of the year,it's definitely One Piece Pirate Warriors 2. That game had some sweet tracks, including some of the best trumpet solos I've ever heard in a game.
  • codystovall - December 11, 2013 5:14 p.m.

Dmc Never Ssssuuurreeeenderrrrrrrrrr! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE1GoVlBUqg
  • DICEs - December 11, 2013 5:09 p.m.

Would have to say that Metal Gear Rising stood out the most for me. Music fit brilliantly with the game and made every boss fight brilliant. It also stands up well on it's own.
  • g1rldraco7 - December 11, 2013 5:08 p.m.

3d World's soundtrack is the winner hands down!! Those tunes are just beautiful :3
  • universaltofu - December 11, 2013 5:04 p.m.

I abstain on this one, not familiar with enough of them as far as recalling their music, and while I like Bioshock and it's assortment of original score, period music, and covers, none of it stood out to me aside from the initial run in with the barbershop quartet. I have had the Mario 3d world theme in my head though, and loved Galaxy's themes, so I endorse that pick. Other soundtracks I did like were off Link Between Worlds, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Rayman and Guacamelee also made it easy to hum along at times. Oh and Final Fantasy Realm Reborn, some great material there.
  • universaltofu - December 11, 2013 5:11 p.m.

Listening to the Brothers OST on youtube now though, quite good.
  • JMarsella09 - December 11, 2013 5:04 p.m.

Also, I realize you have to limit your choices here, but Killer Instinct, Metal Gear Rising, Sly 4 and Blood Dragon all had really, really good soundtracks.
  • Talvari - December 11, 2013 5:04 p.m.

Maaan, since i'm still yet to play Wonderful101 and SM3DW (Fixing this shortly) I'd probably have to say Metal Gear Rising. Even though it didn't have the longest and most diverse soundtrack ever, every boss theme was awesome to fight to and fit the theme of the game well, even if it sounded cheesy sometimes xD. The samples I've heard from W101 and SM3DW sound amazing so it could change to one of those after i've played them. If I had to pick something from the list it would probably be Ni No Kuni despite the battle theme being awful imo -.-
  • shawksta - December 11, 2013 4:57 p.m.

Well shit i still stand with Mario and Luigi Dream Team
  • JMarsella09 - December 11, 2013 4:56 p.m.

Oh that is super, super tough. The Last of Us had a great soundtrack that fully complimented the tone of the game with its guitar melodies. Bioshock Infinite had some standouts too with its amazing old time remixes and awesome character Leitmotifs. And then there's Ni no Kuni, in which the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra blew me away with some of Mamoru Fujisawa's best work since Spirited Away!
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - December 11, 2013 4:50 p.m.

link between worlds is not there because the site is biased against good music ;)
  • duffer00 - December 11, 2013 4:43 p.m.

Were AC IV or Link Between Worlds on the list I think it would have been a more difficult choice but as the list stands I have to go with The Last of Us.It set a perfect tone for the game and the game would no doubt be the same without it. And the theme was goddamn amazing.