• sirdilznik - April 2, 2012 7:26 a.m.

The Virtua Tennis 4 box art is magnificent.
  • Lurkero - April 2, 2012 6:06 a.m.

This article has the Lurkero seal of approval. Good job, sir.
  • CitizenWolfie - April 2, 2012 5:49 a.m.

Is it wrong that I like more than half of these over their original, polished artwork?
  • J-Fid - April 2, 2012 5:43 a.m.

I thought maybe there would be one for Super Mario 3D Land, and it would use the box from Super Mario Bros.
  • AuthorityFigure - April 2, 2012 5:33 a.m.

Many of these make the games seem more promising. The Battlefield ones was awesome.
  • Hobogonigal - April 2, 2012 5:31 a.m.

Cundy, you funny bugger! Great article, and the Metro Cross cover made me laugh for ages. And to clear your confusion, the L.A Noire drawing is indeed rubbish.
  • Mooshon - April 2, 2012 5:25 a.m.

Quality article that matt! The Vic 20 had some properly shit covers but the C64 still has some of my favourites. Renegade and all the old Cinemaware stuff are classics.
  • majorsuave - April 2, 2012 5:26 a.m.

nice read indeed, thanks!
  • Mumb00 - April 2, 2012 4:59 a.m.

Of course, if your Mass Effect petition doesn't make it happen, maybe try filing a complaint with the SEC. Since, of course, even though they're the ones programming it, we're the ones that want it and therefore should have all the say in the artistry and aesthetics design.
  • Redeater - April 2, 2012 4:45 a.m.

The Atari game box were and always will be the greatest box art ever. Then again when you are trying to sell a red square chasing a blue square you damn well better have a good cover.
  • adamforse - April 2, 2012 4:17 a.m.

Great article. Takes me back, it does. I truly wish that this kind of thing went on today... Artwork these days is just souless and unoriginal. How about early Master System box art? I'm sure you guys remember. Sheesh! You'd be lucky to get a single, two-colour object on the package. Maybe a tennis ball or a boxing glove for a sports game. Or a ship or robot (that wasn't in the game) for a scrolling shooter. Sonic Chaos had lovely art, though. Ask Justin. He'll tell you all about it. Give him a bonus point if he mentions the caterpillar.
  • Cyberninja - April 2, 2012 3:59 a.m.

I actually like the L.A. Noire one better then the actually box art.
  • thomas1980 - April 2, 2012 3:34 a.m.

Oh Mat, you got lazy a just used APB's box art from the Atari Lynx's release? Did you assumed no one would remeber that game?
  • somerandomchap - April 2, 2012 4:33 a.m.

You are actually meant to read the article, he stated quite clearly he used the ABP box art. He isn't creating each box.
  • Redeater - April 2, 2012 4:48 a.m.

If using box art from games that almost no one will remember (save my old ass) is considered lazy.......what exactly does it say about someone who doesn't even read the bold large words right below it? Illiterate?
  • hestar - April 2, 2012 3:05 a.m.

I'm not gonna lie,some of those looked pretty bad ass!
  • sonicmega - April 2, 2012 3:03 a.m.

I was anticipating that there'd be modern-day games 'reimagined' into old box art, rather than simply using existing box art from the olden days. Perhaps user-submitted content?... I was disappointed. But oh well.
  • Surfaced - April 2, 2012 3:03 a.m.

Demon's Souls? On Xbox? Come on guys you know better.